Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 10:37 pm

Ok so I don't feel I deserve to be personally attacked for my opinions, and I don't really call people here idiots, stupid ect. if they disagree with me.........so why do so many in this forum think its ok to personally insult me.

thought this was against the rules, or is it ok as long as its me you're trying to make fun of?

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 10:59 pm

I think your experience is not as unique as you seem to feel it is.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 11:03 pm

great an assumption that I think I am the only person who gets insulted :cheers:

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 11:12 pm

Just trying to be sympathetic :scratch:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 11:14 pm

Yeah I should just delete this, as usual I am so stupid I take things personally and get upset about nothing, providing lots of laughs for everyone but myself...so I hope everyone got to enjoy their laughs.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 11:37 pm

it's alright being human is something we are all guilty of.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 11:39 pm

Don't take this the wrong way SW, but you put out a lot of negativity in your posts, much of it self directed, and that tends to have a way of boomeranging back at you. JV is also correct in pointing out that everyone tends to get roughhoused a bit in PPR and that you shouldn't take it personally, it's just the nature of the forum.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 11:45 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Don't take this the wrong way SW, but you put out a lot of negativity in your posts, much of it self directed, and that tends to have a way of boomeranging back at you. JV is also correct in pointing out that everyone tends to get roughhoused a bit in PPR and that you shouldn't take it personally, it's just the nature of the forum.

Ok so it is my fault people personally insult me? I am sure you're trying to be helpful...but I got told my whole life everything that ever went wrong in my life was my fault when a lot of time it had more to do with other people. I did not ask to be insulted....last I checked the rules of this forum don't say 'personal insults are not allowed unless someone comes off as negative'.........I mean sorry I'm not all rainbows and cupcakes but neither is society or the economic/political system in place in my country specifically but I am sure there are other places with simular set ups...so yeah I am going to be a bit negative, no reason to insult me. At least its how I see it if everyone else feels its ok to insult people with negative veiw points then I guess I wont argue and will just leave the forum...otherwise I feel I have the right to whatever positive or negitive opinions I choose.

Its a bit hard to be positive about things that disturb you......after all.

and I don't want to beat a dead horse or anything.....but that also kind of seems to imply that because I am depressed and somewhat pessimistic about things I deserve to be insulted.......another notion I disagree with as if anything insulting a depressed person does not usually help them but it's all good I guess, i shouldn't post if I don't want to be insulted......I guess.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 11:55 pm

^

Again, don't take this the wrong way, but imagine reading your own post from a 3rd party perspective; the words "drama queen" would probably be high on your list of first impressions. I'm not trying to be insulting here, I'm just pointing out the way your post comes off to me, and this is a frequent pattern in your postings. I believe you've had a number of "nobody likes me I might as well leave the forum" posts in a number of the forums on WP, and to the 3rd party observer it becomes a bit of a crying wolf situation. Whatever your personal situation might be, we on the board only have the content of your posts to judge by, we don't know you in the normal sense of the word and simply react to the tone and content of your posts. Which is where I suggest you turn your own attention before blaming the forum, the system, or the world at large for your problems.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 12:01 am

Dox47 wrote:
^

Again, don't take this the wrong way, but imagine reading your own post from a 3rd party perspective; the words "drama queen" would probably be high on your list of first impressions. I'm not trying to be insulting here, I'm just pointing out the way your post comes off to me, and this is a frequent pattern in your postings. I believe you've had a number of "nobody likes me I might as well leave the forum" posts in a number of the forums on WP, and to the 3rd party observer it becomes a bit of a crying wolf situation. Whatever your personal situation might be, we on the board only have the content of your posts to judge by, we don't know you in the normal sense of the word and simply react to the tone and content of your posts. Which is where I suggest you turn your own attention before blaming the forum, the system, or the world at large for your problems.

I usually don't try to think of ways to insult people on forums like this........I try to keep things civil, though as was seen here I do tend to get a little bit upset when people insult me.

and calling me a drama queen is not very helpful, because I was only expressing my opinions on the economic and political system, I did not personally insult anyone who disagreed with me.......I just ended up getting rather upset at the personal insults being directed at me, maybe I overreacted but all i was doing originally was expressing my opinions so I guess I don't see how I was being a drama queen unless you are specifically referring to my reaction in which case I could kind of see it.....but this is how I actually feel I am not over-exaggerating or trying to start anything I am just a little bit tired of the insults.

and wow those are a lot of criticizims to throw at me.....I guess I really have been annoying the crap out of people with all my stupid drama and emotions and all that stupid human stuff, so maybe I should leave I was not trying to waste so many peoples times I am very sorry and will consider deleting my profile so no one has to suffer through my posts anymore.....I guess it just would have been nice if someone would have been honest sooner about the fact many of you would like me to leave so you don't have to deal with me anymore.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 12:14 am

Leave, or don't, that's your decision and no one else's. I'm ambivalent personally, your presence or lack thereof on this board doesn't do anything for me either way, so the threat is wasted on my ears. If I were you though, I wouldn't allow decisions about whether you post here or not to be controlled by the reactions of strangers on the internet, but rather on whether you are getting anything positive out of it yourself. Just my $.02

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 12:18 am

I'd probably suggest that Dox47 and Sweetleaf stop responding to one another, as it's pretty obvious where this is heading.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 12:23 am

I should not have posted this thread in the first place because I feel like crap now, sorry I wasted everyones time.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 12:28 am

Why feel like crap? Me, JV, etc are just random people on the net, less important to your personally than strangers on the street. Why give us such importance that we can control your moods and outlook?

Also, why would you think your thread is a waste of my time? I obviously didn't think it was, or I wouldn't have clicked on it, taken a look, and posted to it. I did take me away from binge playing Skyrim, but I'll get over that.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 12:31 am

Dox47 wrote:
Why feel like crap? Me, JV, etc are just random people on the net, less important to your personally than strangers on the street. Why give us such importance that we can control your moods and outlook?

Also, why would you think your thread is a waste of my time? I obviously didn't think it was, or I wouldn't have clicked on it, taken a look, and posted to it. I did take me away from binge playing Skyrim, but I'll get over that.

Well because I am apparently a drama queen, for expressing my opinions and getting upset over being insulted......it causes a lot of pain for me when people reject me I guess I mean I like coming to this site but if people here don't like me I probably should not come here...so yeah I am sorry I wasted peopels time.

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 2:36 am

JakobVirgil wrote:
it's alright being human is something we are all guilty of.

speak for yourself...

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith