Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

AspieRoss
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2011, 12:26 pm

The politically correct have stopped using the term Global Warming, because the earth was in a cooling period for over a decade.
Now it is called climate change.

I am not going to get into whether humans are responsible, etc. Obviously we pollute the atmosphere and earth, I just don't see the evidence for humans causing a dramatic change in the earth's climate. The earth is a living planet that has had major climate changes in the past-when humans were not even around yet! Yes, the ice-age, and the lesser cooling periods on earth were NOT caused by humans.

The core of the earth is molten and also is responsible for heating the earth from within.
ALSO, it cannot be denied that the SUN heats the earth. Scientific observations have shown that when sunspot activity increases-the temperatures on earth rise, when sunspot activity decreases-the temperatures on earth lower.

Also, VOLCANOES spew tons of carbon into the atmosphere, altering the temperature of earth by blocking out the suns rays and increasing the carbon which trees and plants convert to oxygen.

Guess what fear-mongerers? Without Carbon, the plants and trees will DIE! Guess what happens next? WE DIE!

Don't believe me or Al Gore. Investigate for yourself. Read the emails that the climate scientists wrote to each other, talking about faking data to make the Global Warming HYPE even greater. Learn about Sunspots, and all the GOOD that carbon does on earth.
Learn about Al Gore and other scare-mongerers and their connections to the Carbon-Swapping Scams and the Carbon TAX that Gore and company want to force everyone to pay.

Okay the one message I have about everything is: Don't Believe the Media! Think for Yourself! Do your own investigation!

dmm1010
Toucan
Toucan

30 Nov 2011, 12:58 pm

Main sequence stars, of which the Sun is one, brighten as they age. The Sun is approximately 20 percent brighter today than it was at "birth." In approximately one thousand million (10^9) years the Earth will be rendered uninhabitable by our star's increasing luminosity.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 1:05 pm

The climate is always changing.

And you can be sure that those in power will blame climate change on the capitalists or the Jews.

ruveyn

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 1:37 pm

AspieRoss wrote:
The politically correct have stopped using the term Global Warming, because the earth was in a cooling period for over a decade.

You talk about research it ourself, yet this sentence show serious ill research from your part. This decade has been the warmest ever seen in human history!

Maybe you should begin anew your researchs from here: http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/10/19/scientists-are-from-mars-the-public-is-from-earth/

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/category/antiscience/

Last edited by Tollorin on 30 Nov 2011, 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 4:00 pm

global climate change is a fact,
only the courses can be examined and human have an effect that is certain, is that effect greater than the natural trends to a degree that worrying? i dont know.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 4:42 pm

I'm starting to think that this whole climate change fiasco was started as a half-assed excuse to create jobs and a whole industry on BS. $$$$---->$--------------------------->$$$$$

Last edited by snapcap on 30 Nov 2011, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 4:47 pm

It's usually a very lucrative industry to start or greatly increase any worldwide popular trend -- in this case, "going green". And fear is one of the best motivators, so various dishonest people worked and still work together to spin this convenient yarn. It hasn't even been proved that the Earth is not simply in one of its regular cycles -- but would be a far stretch from even that to say that mankind is preventably causing an abberation such that will bring about the cataclysmic destruction of the Earth. (See the junk-science-filled "An Inconvenient Truth", for which Al Gore rather conveniently raked in millions.)

DevilInPgh
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Nov 2011, 5:06 pm

When a noted skeptic like Richard Muller, who was funded by the Koch brothers, changes his tune, that's when you know the jig is up for the global-warming deniers. And the reason why people use "climate change" now is because it's a better description of what's going on/what will go on than "global warming", which makes people think of the planet Venus (not quite realistic).

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 5:08 pm

most deniers barely know what the actual effects are.

more extreme snowstorms are a predicted effect,
in the worst case scenario the ocean currents cease to function and we experience another ice age.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 7:04 pm

Oodain wrote:
most deniers barely know what the actual effects are.

Pretty much. It never ceases to amaze me the ignorance they show. Honestly I get a kick out of most of what they say. Its really funny when uninformed people go on about a subject they have absolutely no useful knowledge about

AspieRoss
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Dec 2011, 3:05 pm

Study of the orbital mechanics of the solar system in the 1970s led Russians to believe the Earth was about to cool and we should prepare quickly because it will be catastrophic. Their arguments were lost in the rush to warming group-think in the 1990s, but the arguments for impending cold are well founded and still believed by many good scientists. As the sun goes even quieter and January, 2008 saw the greatest year to year temperature drop ever (128 years of NASA GISS data) and thru the end of 2008 remains relatively cool, it is clear cooling needs to be considered as a very plausible future. This is highlighted by 2 papers published in March 2008. Scafetta and West showed that up to 69% of observed warming is from the sun and remind us that the sun is projected to cool and Ramanathan and Carmichael show that soot has 60% of the warming power of CO2. Both papers state that these factors are underappreciated by IPCC. The soot may well explain the Arctic melting, as it has recently for Asian glaciers. Many scientists believe the temperature changes are more dependent on the sun than CO2, similar to the relationship in your home with your furnace. With the Sun's face nearly quiet, the monthly patterns over the last 12 months are most similar to those of 1797 preceding the Dalton Minimum of 1798-1823 during the little ice age (Timo Niroma).

The southern hemisphere has been cooling over the last 10 years, just about as much as the north has been warming. There is no proof within observational data of warming outside of natural variation. When 3 of the highest 5 or 6 years in the temperature record (since 1890) occurred over 70 years ago and 1900 was warmer than recent years in the USA (where the best data are), we are nowhere near statistical proof, nor even evidence of warming. Modelers are still unable to include important variables and no one is able to predict the future.
While CO2 continues to rise, the temperature has stabilized at a warm level, but not unusually so. Which way will it go? The world seems to be betting on warming. However, the probability of cooling may be equally valid and we must be prepared for both. Cooling presents the real danger. Things that go up and down only go so high. It has always been this way.

Virtually all scientists agree that the Earth has warmed a small amount since the year 1000 or, if you choose, since 1850, when instrumented temperature records became reasonably accurate and distributed in key areas of the world. An alternative view, is that the Earth has been cooling since the 1930s when we had 3 of the 5 warmest years since 1860 in the US, and probably globally if the world environmental data base were cleaned up as is happening in the US.

---The above was copied text from a global cooling website from 2008---( The original numbers I was talking about was from the 90's to the early 2000's, when the temperatures cooled.)
Thank You for reading.

My point was that yes we have seen warmer summers in the past decade, but the previous decade to that was actually cooler/which makes this decades rise in temp seem greater! Its a shell game! All I know is, it used to be hotter during the summer when I was a kid, and it was NEVER this cold during the winters or have we EVER had so much SNOW. We had snow on Halloween weekend for the first time EVER! I am not a scientist, but I also don't believe everything the media tells me to believe (such as: Saddam Hussein was responsible for 911 or that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, or that Bush won the election=ALL LIES!)

Just use your common sense, ignore the media and think / investigate for yourself!
Less than 5 multi-national corporations own ALL the media. Controlled media = Propaganda

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 3:16 pm

Remember this guy?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF_anaVcCXg[/youtube]

When I seen this video a few years ago, I thumbed it down. Watching it again, I'd like to give it my other thumb.

In the event that there is no global warming and we don't do anything about it, everyone will be happy! Except those that planned on profiting on it.

AspieRoss
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Dec 2011, 3:22 pm

It's a moot argument. It is meaningless.

Climate has been changing since this world began, and will long after you are dead.

How foolish is man to think that he can actually control the earth, the moon, the planets!

*One thing I forgot to mention is the fact that NASA and many other "official" scientists have shown that the rotational angle of the earth is changing, and the poles are actually shifting, very slowly moving... which.. guess what.... effects the weather, the tides, etc.

I think both sides are wrong and too stubborn with their "ideas" about what causes climate change.
Al Gore and company think its only YOU that does it. He ignores the UN's own report from @2008 that showed the clear-cutting of rainforests in order to raise cattle (for those crappy fast-food restaurants) is causing the MOST warming from A: Less trees = More Carbon and Less Oxygen and B: More cattle/animals = more methane gases/greenhouse gases

The other extreme thinks that global climate change is from ONLY the sun/earth/volcanoes/animals and that humans burning fuel has nothing to do with it.

I prefer the compromised notion that; The Sun, the Earth, People, Animals, and Industry ALL effect the climate on our planet.
Instead of trying to tax us to death, why not encourage fat-a*ses to eat 1 less hamburger this week, and may be plant a tree or 2!

dmm1010
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2011, 3:54 pm

The idea that increasing the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere will, all other things being equal, lead to higher average temperatures seems valid; but there may be negative feedback mechanisms of which I'm not aware. What I find truly troubling about the concept of anthropogenic warming however is that it appears to be having the effect of a wealth redistribution scheme even if it was never intended as such.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 4:49 pm

carbon dioxide isnt even the worst human offender,
not to talk of agriculture

of course the climate changes but should we make it happen faster?

dmm1010
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2011, 5:18 pm

Oodain wrote:
[...] of course the climate changes but should we make it happen faster?

The trouble is that the primary response to perceived anthropogenic warming so far appears to be to effectively move the production and release of greenhouse gasses to China and the Third World. Well, that and investment in energy collection technologies that don't scale well, e.g., solar and wind power [1].

No one wants to even consider fission power because it produces, dependent upon the design of the reactor, either long-lived radioactive waste or fissile materials that can be used to build weapons. Oh, and the reactor might melt down and poison everyone with cesium-137 and iodine-131. Or, terrorists might attack the reactor... Ad nauseum.

As someone who considers himself a paleoconservative, I'm loath to say this, but the real problem is that we have too many damned people on this planet.

[1] I do love wind farms though; I find them so visually comforting for some reason. On the other hand I loathe cell phone towers. Go figure.