"It's my birthday, so vote against 'Gay Marriage'"

Page 11 of 15 [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

08 Feb 2012, 8:31 am

Metalwolf wrote:
Code Name: "Bustin' People's Stones"

Objective: Get everybody upset and irritated on some controversial topic.

Conclusion: Wildly successful! :cheers:

You folks are easier to rile up then the patriarchialist fundies I'm used to dealing with. :wink:

Metalwolf - not funny, not clever and more importantly, trolling breaks the rules here because it amounts to a personal attack.
Rather than playing your own private games with the intention of deliberately upsetting and irritating other members, I'd strongly advise that you instead adopt a more friendly approach when joining discussions on threads.

WP rules: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp4385131.html#4385131

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 11:18 am

Metalwolf wrote:

You folks are easier to rile up then the patriarchialist fundies I'm used to dealing with. :wink:
I needed a way to let off steam, because the hormones I'm on periodically create PMS and mood swings, and by stirring people up, it allows me to get rid of my frustration.
I'd do this online then in real life, as it's less harmful to interpersonal relationships then it would be if I was face to face.

I do have strong opinions on certain things, but I don't normally tend to post them on here. I hate politics with a passion, so this is a sub-forum that I like to stay out of. (Except when I have to take hormones, then I become prone to this sort of thing.)

So no hard feelings guys, peace? :hic:

Nice try. But you have presented no excuse for your posting behaviour.

By your own admission you have come in here and deliberately posted with a view to creating a negative reaction in others. That is pathological behaviour, and the fact that you do it online instead of in real life doesn't substantially alter that. Try making it a rule never to say something to people online that would not say to their faces.

Blaming your behaviour on the hormones might be an explanation, but it's not an justification. So the next time you have the urge to blow of steam, turn on a video game and shoot some aliens/orcs/mutants/etc.

But, the next time you want to have a grown-up discussion about your strong opinions you are most welcome to come back in here and do so.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 1:01 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
"Practicing gay"? Wow...

You have to practice till you get it right you know. Or maybe it was meant like "practicing medicne" or "practicing law". Is there somewhere you go for a degree and then you open an office? Sorry to joke over bigotry, but I've never heard that term either. Maybe what was meant was "nongraduate of the Exodus program".

A bit off topic, but I know someone online who went to the Exodus program. He's very religious and truly believes being gay is wrong. He says he struggles every day with his "sin" and he just "offers up his unhappiness". He said they told him in that program that he would never be "free" from attraction to other guys but that they would teach him how to suppress those and not act on them and how to stay away from "the occasion of sin". Unbelievable. People sign up and pay money to learn how to force themselves to be unhappy. Although being unhappy does seem to make this guy happy in a masochistic sort of way. Oh well, to each their own I guess.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 1:05 pm

Metalwolf wrote:

I needed a way to let off steam, because the hormones I'm on periodically create PMS and mood swings, and by stirring people up, it allows me to get rid of my frustration.
I'd do this online then in real life, as it's less harmful to interpersonal relationships then it would be if I was face to face.

I do have strong opinions on certain things, but I don't normally tend to post them on here. I hate politics with a passion, so this is a sub-forum that I like to stay out of. (Except when I have to take hormones, then I become prone to this sort of thing.)

I don't agree with f*cking with people just to p*ss them off for your own jollies, but I'm not going to talk about that in this post. I have a question. What kind of hormones are you on and for what? Also how old are you? I'm asking because I'm 47 and in perimenopause and could probably use some progesterone. I have horrible mood swings because of the "change" that I'm starting to go through. I'm asking because if that's why you are on hormones, I'd like to talk to you about it and ask questions because I may be starting them myself before long. I'm assuming you are female. PM me please if you have any information that might be helpful for my situation, if you don't mind. Also, if you do, do not f*ck with me!

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 1:08 pm

visagrunt wrote:
Metalwolf wrote:

Nice try. But you have presented no excuse for your posting behaviour.

By your own admission you have come in here and deliberately posted with a view to creating a negative reaction in others. That is pathological behaviour, and the fact that you do it online instead of in real life doesn't substantially alter that. Try making it a rule never to say something to people online that would not say to their faces.

Blaming your behaviour on the hormones might be an explanation, but it's not an justification. So the next time you have the urge to blow of steam, turn on a video game and shoot some aliens/orcs/mutants/etc.

But, the next time you want to have a grown-up discussion about your strong opinions you are most welcome to come back in here and do so.

I have been mean online because of my hormonal mood swings, and I've apologized for it, and no it's no excuse. However mine wasn't done on purpose with the intent to just p*ss people off to have my fun. I was actually p*ssed off at the time. That's the difference I think, about whether something is excusable or isn't. Also, right now until I can get to a dr and they want to start me on HRT, I can do nothing about it, except try to stay away when I notice that I'm being snippy. I don't always notice when I'm being snippy though, and my angry response may seem perfectly rational to me at the time. It takes a good bit of moodiness in myself for me to notice it. So, please don't write off all explinations of this sort as being in the same catagory as Metalwolfs admitted game.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 4:03 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
"Practicing gay"? Wow...

You have to practice till you get it right you know. Or maybe it was meant like "practicing medicne" or "practicing law". Is there somewhere you go for a degree and then you open an office? Sorry to joke over bigotry, but I've never heard that term either. Maybe what was meant was "nongraduate of the Exodus program".

A bit off topic, but I know someone online who went to the Exodus program. He's very religious and truly believes being gay is wrong. He says he struggles every day with his "sin" and he just "offers up his unhappiness". He said they told him in that program that he would never be "free" from attraction to other guys but that they would teach him how to suppress those and not act on them and how to stay away from "the occasion of sin". Unbelievable. People sign up and pay money to learn how to force themselves to be unhappy. Although being unhappy does seem to make this guy happy in a masochistic sort of way. Oh well, to each their own I guess.

They had told your friend he would never be free from his same sex attractions?
Wow - - that's almost an admission that homosexuality is heritable rather than learned or chosen behavior!
But then again, the people running this Exodus thing are probably too dumb to realize it.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

codarac
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 5:31 pm

Great, just what this forum needs. Yet another thread about "gay" marriage.

I doubt the support for this absurdity is even as widespread among homosexuals as it seems to be among spergs.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 5:33 pm

codarac wrote:

I doubt the support for this absurdity is even as widespread among homosexuals as it seems to be among spergs.

Actually, every gay person I have ever met support gay marriage.

Absurdity? May I ask why gay marriage is absurd?

You will reap what you've sown.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 5:33 pm

anyone can see the real issue here has nothing to with marriage perse,
but the equal treatment of a group of people,

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 5:57 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
"Practicing gay"? Wow...

Conversion therapy. *shakes head*

I got a bit of a chuckle from the practice joke. :lol:

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 6:00 pm

codarac wrote:

Uh, what?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 6:10 pm

codarac wrote:

Gay rights - especially the right for gays to marry - is the new civil rights movement. That's why we "spergs" support it probably as much as gay citizens do. As one of us, you should understand what it's like to be the odd man out; to be regarded as the freak. Except in the case of gay marriage, we're talking about a fundamental right that should be afforded to all Americans, regardless of who they are.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 6:26 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
codarac wrote:

Gay rights - especially the right for gays to marry - is the new civil rights movement. That's why we "spergs" support it probably as much as gay citizens do. As one of us, you should understand what it's like to be the odd man out; to be regarded as the freak. Except in the case of gay marriage, we're talking about a fundamental right that should be afforded to all Americans, regardless of who they are.

Quoted for truth. :wtg:

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 7:56 pm

Metalwolf wasn't really trolling. Those are close enough to her actual opinions. I've had this discussion with her before. She claimed to be trolling as a way of getting out of the discussion because this is a touchy subject for her.

Also, AngelRho if you think my question was beneath you to answer, please just say so.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 8:14 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
Metalwolf wasn't really trolling. Those are close enough to her actual opinions. I've had this discussion with her before. She claimed to be trolling as a way of getting out of the discussion because this is a touchy subject for her.

Also, AngelRho if you think my question was beneath you to answer, please just say so.

that may be the case,
it us unacceptable behavior nonetheless.

if she wanted out she could simply leave it or write a simple message saying she would rather not continue the discussion.
the easiest way of dealing with someone that claims to be a troll is to call it a troll.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 8:20 pm

I'm not excusing her behaviour. I'm just saying there's more to it than meets the eye. She politely bowed out the last time I had this discussion with her, but I suppose she didn't get the same impression of 'me vs. everyone' during a one on one discussion.