Page 1 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 9:33 pm

As someone who has worked there I have had a (pretty much) good experience working there. Sales associates I worked with were awesome, and my manager was really good. Now any of his bosses, or anyone higher up didn't respected me much at all which really bothered me.

Obviously I am okay with any type of opinion, or questions about working there if you want (I have worked in a lot of different types of the hourly jobs there.)

Was just wondering what a general opinion of the store, or corporation was.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 9:47 pm

We have ASDA in my country, which is owned by Wallmart. Tbh, the smaller shops in my local area can't really compete, but it employs a lot of people in a poor area. I shop there because it's cheap. I could work there because I live 5 minutes walk away, but I would get a stress-on because it's super crowded.

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 10:31 pm

It's very convenient, but I'm not the biggest fan. The products tend to be produced in poor conditions (although that is of course true of most stuff we buy) and the people there aren't paid very well. Plus it's a huge empire, and I don't like that kind of concentration in ownership.

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 1:44 am

I'm sure most of the people who work there are nice, but I don't like Walmart itself.

They exploit people on the home front by destroying communities AND in the places where people make their stuff.

enrico_dandolo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 2:39 am

I would like to say I don't go there because I disagree with their policies, but the truth is that Wal-Marts are big and full of people and scary. Applies to all similar stores.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 2:51 am

I don't.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 7:59 am

I don't like the way WalMart treats it's workers. I won't buy there.

ruveyn

16 Mar 2012, 8:07 am

PeopleOfWalmart is hilarious.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 8:33 am

Supermarket monopaly is damaging to the economy expecially small towns, expecially in America because they towns and cities are more relient on Cars.

It did watch the anti Walmart film, and if only half of it is true, then Walmart isn't a morail company. In the film it said that if walmart opens a store in a town, the value of business property seriously devalues.

Ookla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Mar 2012, 9:45 am

AspieRogue wrote:
PeopleOfWalmart is hilarious.

Thanks for the tip! And you're right, it is hilarious--and disgusting. :eew: Many reminders of why I try to avoid going into Wal-Mart.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 5:29 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
Supermarket monopaly is damaging to the economy expecially small towns, expecially in America because they towns and cities are more relient on Cars.

It did watch the anti Walmart film, and if only half of it is true, then Walmart isn't a morail company. In the film it said that if walmart opens a store in a town, the value of business property seriously devalues.

Is Walmart Inc. doing anything illegal. If not, what is your beef? If you don't like their policies don't buy from them.

ruveyn

NathanealWest
Toucan
Toucan

16 Mar 2012, 5:53 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:

Is Walmart Inc. doing anything illegal. If not, what is your beef? If you don't like their policies don't buy from them.

ruveyn

That's kind of hard to do if you're in a small town where a Walmart has pretty much driven most of the small businesses out.

enrico_dandolo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 6:20 pm

NathanealWest wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:

ruveyn

That's kind of hard to do if you're in a small town where a Walmart has pretty much driven most of the small businesses out.

That means apparently, Wal-Mart is more efficient than the small businesses and answers the needs of the population better than they. It also means most people don't care for their general ruthlessness and lack of ethical standards, if it means they pay 20¢ less on toilet paper.

Chipshorter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: The Georgian Quarter of The Pool of Life, The Centre of The Creative Universe

16 Mar 2012, 6:20 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:

NO, the supermarket industry is an oligopoly! Not only are supermarkets harming the retail sector there are impacting on urban planning and the real estate market (I know for a fact from one supermarket employee, that there employer makes more money on real estate than on the goods & services the supermarket sells).

Also with there diversification strategies are effecting other business sectors.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 6:32 pm

It's a store.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2012, 7:06 pm

Walmart has the best prices and even though they do not treat their workers well what company does.