Anyone Else Intriqued By The Indigo Children Myth-Thing?

Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 11:23 am

I like the word combination mystical poop.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 12:43 pm

OK, I admit it, I bought the book 'The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children'. It really is a very interesting read. If you want to, you can ignore the new age stuff (and it is possible to do that) and you can find some really good tips on living with and helping a child who is exceptional. It's a positive slant on neurodiversity and helped me in that sense.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 12:46 pm

I found it interesting for about 5 minutes. Not because I believed it, but because I like to read others' view on 'unusual' people.

gnatterfly
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2012, 7:32 pm

Allow me to explain MY belief system: If there is substantial evidence that supports a hypothesis in a controlled environment, then I will take the conclusion into consideration. I have always identified as a nihilist and will continue to be a nihilist until someone can PROVE (not just support the possibility) that we are actually...here.

I hear so much about religion and understand it's value as a coping tool (which is considered unhealthy) But why is it say: healthy and socially acceptable to believe in God or be Agnostic, but no other religion....it's kind of ignorant to denounce ANYTHING as well as it is ignorant to BELIEVE ANYTHING....I love science, but it is also...flawed.
Also, I don't think I need to "grow up" for finding spooky superstitious stuff appealing.....in fact, I don't think I need to "grow up" at all. I am a chemistry major in college and take my work very seriously...but I am also a yoga instructor and I LOVE guided meditation, I take this kind of calming (and once denounced as new age horse poop too) movement and calm very seriously as well.....

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 10:02 pm

ruveyn wrote:
gnatterfly wrote:
:lol: It's just fun to speculate, I guess. I am obsessed with science and never understood the whole mysticism thing. *shrugs* But it is rather fun, y'know? Like spooky campfire stories. Sometimes it's fun to just let your imagination take flight!! As far as "truth" is concerned...extraordinary claims will always require extraordinary proof! Just wondering where people who believe it are coming from. I'm curious about sociological phenomenon...Any takers?

It is clear you find some kinds of nonsense appealing. Eventually you will grow up.

ruveyn

The human race would be very boring if people didn't come up with all kinds of crazy nonsense. I don't have the capacity to delude myself into believing any of it but I can understand it's appeal. People want to believe anything that makes them feel special.

Suspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Mar 2012, 12:32 pm

gnatterfly wrote:
Allow me to explain MY belief system: If there is substantial evidence that supports a hypothesis in a controlled environment, then I will take the conclusion into consideration. I have always identified as a nihilist and will continue to be a nihilist until someone can PROVE (not just support the possibility) that we are actually...here.

I hear so much about religion and understand it's value as a coping tool (which is considered unhealthy) But why is it say: healthy and socially acceptable to believe in God or be Agnostic, but no other religion....it's kind of ignorant to denounce ANYTHING as well as it is ignorant to BELIEVE ANYTHING....I love science, but it is also...flawed.
Also, I don't think I need to "grow up" for finding spooky superstitious stuff appealing.....in fact, I don't think I need to "grow up" at all. I am a chemistry major in college and take my work very seriously...but I am also a yoga instructor and I LOVE guided meditation, I take this kind of calming (and once denounced as new age horse poop too) movement and calm very seriously as well.....

I take stuff like that seriously too, in the sense that I am an energy healer, and have been for over 20 years and I know it works.

Here is the wikipedia entry about the 7 rays theories.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_rays

Last edited by Suspie on 28 Mar 2012, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Suspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Mar 2012, 12:36 pm

The one thing that amazes me on this thread is the lack of respect from some people about the beliefs of others. I am so happy that I am not like you as I would never call anybody's beliefs poop and nonsense etc I respect people more than that.
I am so happy I am me and not you,
so thank you for making me appreciate myself. <pats own back> :lol:

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 11:08 pm

Is facepalming a sign of being intrigued?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 9:27 am

Suspie wrote:
The one thing that amazes me on this thread is the lack of respect from some people about the beliefs of others. I am so happy that I am not like you as I would never call anybody's beliefs poop and nonsense etc I respect people more than that.
I am so happy I am me and not you,
so thank you for making me appreciate myself. <pats own back> :lol:

Why should beliefs be treated in a privileged fashion? A belief could be (and often is) nonsensical, illogical, irrational and just plain false to fact wrong.

Any idea or hypothesis or belief should be subject to critical analysis.

ruveyn

HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 6:13 pm

Jenny McCarthy actually believed her child was an indigo or something like that for a while, until the autism diagnosis...we all know what happened there after that.

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2012, 6:41 pm

gnatterfly wrote:
:lol: I find this topic interesting and would love some other opinions. I am skeptical by nature, but must admit that those of us blessed with a form of autism, do tend to be extra-insightful and intuitive. I don't buy ANYTHING until it is PROVEN scientifically, but there is some appeal in this myth.....it's fun to see it tied in with ancient Egypt. What do YOU think?

So when do they tell the kids it's all BS?

30 Sep 2012, 8:21 pm

All of you who put information into categories such as myth, fiction, or otherwise are complete hopeless souls who are so bound to the material world that you make any excuse to make sure your life is just as simple as it always was. However it is changing and will never be the same. You think all these fictional ideas came from nowhere then you are truly idiots. Science has no answers and they are realizing the truth more and more every day. I truly wish you people wouldn't be so oppressive and detached from your kinder sides but your all brainwashed. Take this information how you will I really don't care to know how you feel after reading this not do I care to here any blasphemous attempts to slandering my name. And I mean this with the utmost respect to all and hope you will wake the f**k up

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 8:26 pm

now i do realize this is your first post, but, you know what they say catch the "sinners" early and all that.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Coastt
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2012, 10:29 pm

G3IST wrote:
All of you who put information into categories such as myth, fiction, or otherwise are complete hopeless souls who are so bound to the material world that you make any excuse to make sure your life is just as simple as it always was. However it is changing and will never be the same. You think all these fictional ideas came from nowhere then you are truly idiots. Science has no answers and they are realizing the truth more and more every day. I truly wish you people wouldn't be so oppressive and detached from your kinder sides but your all brainwashed. Take this information how you will I really don't care to know how you feel after reading this not do I care to here any blasphemous attempts to slandering my name. And I mean this with the utmost respect to all and hope you will wake the f**k up

Don't sugarcoat it. Tell us how you really feel.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 10:37 pm

The myth of the Indigo Child exploits parental desire for their autistic children to not be defective in any way, and replaces their fear with arrogance.

There is no valid empirical evidence to even suggest that autistic children are any more (or less) "special" than other children.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 11:16 pm

The first time I heard someone mention an indigo child I assumed the Indigo Girls had adopted. :lol: