Page 1 of 8 [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Who do you think will win the presidential election in the USA?
President Obama 85%  85%  [ 33 ]
Mitt Romney 15%  15%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 39

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 10:09 am

On the one hand, conventional wisdom typically gives the advantage to the incumbent.

On the other had, Mr. Romney has quite a lot of cash to spend on advertising, plus Rupert Murdoch's media empire campaigning tirelessly for him.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 10:13 am

What about Gary Johnson and the green party? He said that hopefully he will get 15% of the vote. I know that is nothing compared to the other 2 candidates probably, but much better than other third party candidates in the past if his projection runs true

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 11:11 am

My question is "Who do you think will win?" I suppose that hope springs eternal among the committed believers, but, realistically, I don't think the candidates themselves believe that they have more than the remotest chance of winning. Fifteen percent really won't do it.

bizboy1
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 11:12 am

Ron Paul.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 11:30 am

I think Mitt Romney will win because Obama has not delivered on much of the things he promised at his inauguration.

Oil prices are as high as they were at the end of the Bush administration (though this is mostly because of Iran, and despite Obama's recent pledge to go after the speculators, speculation is only a small part of the oil price rise), we are still not at normal employment levels (4-6%), he has not gone after the Wall Street big wigs like he said he would.

Oh yeah, and we're still in Afghanistan.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

bizboy1
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 11:32 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I think Mitt Romney will win because Obama has not delivered on much of the things he promised at his inauguration.

Oil prices are as high as they were at the end of the Bush administration (though this is mostly because of Iran, and despite Obama's recent pledge to go after the speculators, speculation is only a small part of the oil price rise), we are still not at normal employment levels (4-6%), he has not gone after the Wall Street big wigs like he said he would.

Oh yeah, and we're still in Afghanistan.

Commencing liberal response...

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 12:00 pm

I don't know. A case can be made for both Obama and Romney.

You will reap what you've sown.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

20 Apr 2012, 3:38 pm

Probably Obama but it will be closer than 2008. Obama is a ruthless campaigner with endless cash. I think a third party candidate could pick off a couple % of the vote. If the economy gets worse, Obama is in a lot of trouble and that's entirely possible with the events in Europe still unfolding.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 3:40 pm

I don't really care...its not like the same BS will not continue after the elections.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 4:03 pm

I think Obama will win a second term. After all, he had killed our current greatest enemy, closed things up in Iraq, and while the economy is slow in improving, it still is improving. He's highly likeable, despite everything plus the kitchen sink the right had thrown at him in order to demonize him. He's ended Don't Ask/Don't tell. And he can easily promise to accomplish everything he had not gotten done in a second term. And that's not to mention justice achieved in forcing the insurance companies drop preexisting conditions, and allowing young adults to stay on their parents policies.
As for Romney - - ...
Well, his support of the draconian Ryan plan, his Anti-Latino, and Anti-gay positions aren't going to win him any points with wide segments of the American populace. Neither is the fact that he's taken up this mantra that the rest of us only complain about social and economic inequities due to envy, or that his wealth and social status disconnects him from the average American going will endear him to the country. On top of that, the majority of Americans probably won't elect him out of suspicion that he's actually an escaped department store mannequin.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 5:14 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
On top of that, the majority of Americans probably won't elect him out of suspicion that he's actually an escaped department store mannequin.

Next time I meet him, I'll repeat the words "hocus pocus alimagocus" and see what transpires. :lol:

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 5:24 pm

snapcap wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
On top of that, the majority of Americans probably won't elect him out of suspicion that he's actually an escaped department store mannequin.

Next time I meet him, I'll repeat the words "hocus pocus alimagocus" and see what transpires. :lol:

Good thinking! :lol:

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 6:03 pm

Barack Obama Paul Mooney said it best he looks like Malcolm X talks like Martin Luther King and s**ts apple pie he is perfect for america :D

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 6:05 pm

I think people are ready for "change" again after the most recent "change" didn't change much........

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 6:09 pm

Raptor wrote:
I think people are ready for "change" again after the most recent "change" didn't change much........

Osama Bin Laden is dead thanks to Team Six and Obama Bush couldn't kill him but Obama did and Obama is better at killing terrorists to.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 6:10 pm

Raptor wrote:

So..., you're implying that you weren't very happy with the conservative establishment Obama was supposed to replace?