Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CoMF
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2012, 2:31 pm

...and after months of enduring the personal anguish that comes with being registered as a Republican in order to vote in a "closed primary" state, I kept my promise that I made a long time ago and voted for Ron Paul despite the inevitability of Bamitt Obamney securing the GOP presidential nomination.

Come November, the only thanks the Republican party will be getting from me in the general elections is a "None of the Above" vote, and my only regret will be that my state's laws do not allow for a binding NOTA.

That is all... You can now resume your partisan bickering. :wink:

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 5:25 pm

Paul might still run independent.

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 5:58 pm

Maybe what's making Paul unable to win the primaries is not the powers that be, but that his supporters tend to be the kind of people that would endure personal anguish after registering as Republican.

CoMF
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2012, 8:28 pm

snapcap wrote:

Not likely, IMO. It's speculated that he's trying to win enough delegates to leverage a brokered convention. With Santorum the Spoiler out of the picture, that may very well be a possibility, however remote it may be.

Vexcalibur wrote:
Maybe what's making Paul unable to win the primaries is not the powers that be, but that his supporters tend to be the kind of people that would endure personal anguish after registering as Republican.

...and perhaps the only reason pseudo-intellectual leftists enjoy making snide remarks is because the majority of the American right has a penchant for being unceasingly insipid. I liken their "sport" to picking on Special Education students: Little glory in victory, and unbearable ignominy in defeat.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 8:38 pm

snapcap wrote:

He probably knows that if he runs he will spit the Republican vote, the Obama Thing will win for sure, so he probably won't

ruveyn

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 8:48 pm

ruveyn wrote:
snapcap wrote:

He probably knows that if he runs he will spit the Republican vote, the Obama Thing will win for sure, so he probably won't

ruveyn

True.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 8:54 pm

ruveyn wrote:
snapcap wrote:

ruveyn

But if Rommey and Obama are the same like ComF is suggesting, then wouldn't this be a contradiction?

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 8:55 pm

He ran for the Libertarian party once so he knows how aburd the notion of running 3rd party is.

I mean for one thing in the General Election debates this Fall who will be on stage? The Republican and Democrat. No Green Party, Constitution Party, Tax Payers Party, or Reform Party. 3rd Parties and Independents and totally sidelined and the public doesn't know who they are.

Besides that Ron Paul would have a real struggle to get on all 50 ballots and probably be sued in court by the Republicans and Democrats or have his petition signatures challenged.

Just ask Ralph Nader who was barred from the debate process in 2000.

CoMF
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2012, 9:02 pm

VIDEODROME wrote:
He ran for the Libertarian party once so he knows how aburd the notion of running 3rd party is.

^ This, and I would also like to add that if people really insist on getting their Libertarian/Independent fix, they can always vote for Gary Johnson.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 9:51 pm

ruveyn wrote:
snapcap wrote:

ruveyn

He still won't say whether he'll back Romney if he gets the nomination.

They like each other, but they differ too much on their policy, foreign especially.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 9:58 pm

snapcap wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
snapcap wrote:

ruveyn

He still won't say whether he'll back Romney if he gets the nomination.

They like each other, but they differ too much on their policy, foreign especially.

Ron Paul is too weak on foreign policy I agree more with Romney with his views on the matter then I do with Paul.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

24 Apr 2012, 10:10 pm

VIDEODROME wrote:

I mean for one thing in the General Election debates this Fall who will be on stage? The Republican and Democrat. No Green Party, Constitution Party, Tax Payers Party, or Reform Party. 3rd Parties and Independents and totally sidelined and the public doesn't know who they are.

Besides that Ron Paul would have a real struggle to get on all 50 ballots and probably be sued in court by the Republicans and Democrats or have his petition signatures challenged.

Just ask Ralph Nader who was barred from the debate process in 2000.

Ron could get on all 50 ballots fairly easy altho there are 'sore loser' laws in certain places that bar people that ran in the primaries from running in the general.

But yes, he'd never get on stage for the debates or get the media attention and thus would never have a chance at actually winning.

Obama and Romney aren't much different. There is no point of playing spoiler between them with no chance of winning. Ron isn't going to hurt his son Rand's career. Ron will stay in until the convention and try to gain power over the party platform and the table will be set for Rand in 2016.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 1:41 am

Ron Paul All Set to Win Iowa and Minnesota

Third winner is a charm, I guess.

Can't believe what you hear.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 12:09 pm

The guy just can't catch a break.

CNN: Who's Ron Paul?

CoMF
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2012, 11:11 am

snapcap wrote:
The guy just can't catch a break.

Even so, this election year has arguably been his strongest showing to date. Enough, in fact, that it's sent pundits into a tizzy. Kind of refreshing to know that more people are refusing to allow the media and the upper echelons of their party to choose their candidates for them.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2012, 3:07 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqXdA9xZl1c[/youtube]

8O 8O 8O