Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 1:15 pm

marshall wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
marshall wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
marshall wrote:
As long as we're going with vengeance, I wonder what kind of mean prank we can pull on Mitt Romney?

On election night, disconnect his cable, and send in a feed with fake news which switches voting results with the president. That way, if Romney loses, he'll think he's the winner - till he sees the paper the next day. Or if Romney wins, he'll be despondent all night thinking he's lost, and will issue a speech that he's conceding the election to Obama.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

That would be funny. I was thinking of delivering him a fake message supposedly from a high level in the GOP party establishment telling him who he must choose as his running mate.

Hm; who do you think would make the funniest running mate?

Nancy Pelosi

Then by all means, send him that list! :lol:

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2012, 7:40 am

If you grew up in that era or earlier, it would be hard to believe someone could get through prep school without that sort of thing happening. I don't think that Romney should be denounced as a "slimeball" over this, but there is clearly a major flaw in his moral upbringing.

There are some people who grew up with this idea of, "oh, it was a friendly prank." They view it as home-made slap-stick. Now, if this were something Romney had done to a fraternity brother who would be able to laugh it off, that would be one thing. Unfortunately, some people can't seem to comprehend the difference between this and assaulting someone who is in a delicate state already.

When I look at someone like Romney, who can't understand how this is a wrong thing to do to someone who might not be certain of his sexuality, it's like dealing with someone who can't understand why you shouldn't give a crippled, old lady a "friendly punch in the arm." The old lady might be on drug thinners, and it could be lethal.

Well, on that note, a real "friendly prank" is something you do with somebody you know is very self-assured and widely accepted by his peers. However, there are some people out there who don't really have a very good grip on themselves, and it's actually very dangerous to push someone who is in that state. It's not safe.

Therefore, this incident proves that Romney is, if anything, a boorish person. At least, he was when he was a youth. Based on his reaction on the phone, I think that someone ought to give him a serious heart-to-heart discussion on these issues. He clearly doesn't understand the gravity of what he did, and stuff like this shouldn't go unchecked.

Does it count against him as a potential president? Well, yes. However, if I am being truly serious, I don't think that I ought to consider this grounds to say he's a truly immoral or cruel person. It's not like that, and it's missing the point to say he's a "scumbag" or something.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2012, 9:30 am

I don't like Mitt, but I hate that JERK they had in the past on The Young Turks. He's a biracist, in my blunt oppinion.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2012, 2:45 am

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2012, 3:01 am

auntblabby wrote:

Absolutely.