Mitt Romney is a horrible person and a bully

Page 3 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2012, 6:49 pm

marshall wrote:
As long as we're going with vengeance, I wonder what kind of mean prank we can pull on Mitt Romney?

On election night, disconnect his cable, and send in a feed with fake news which switches voting results with the president. That way, if Romney loses, he'll think he's the winner - till he sees the paper the next day. Or if Romney wins, he'll be despondent all night thinking he's lost, and will issue a speech that he's conceding the election to Obama.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2012, 7:10 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
marshall wrote:
As long as we're going with vengeance, I wonder what kind of mean prank we can pull on Mitt Romney?

On election night, disconnect his cable, and send in a feed with fake news which switches voting results with the president. That way, if Romney loses, he'll think he's the winner - till he sees the paper the next day. Or if Romney wins, he'll be despondent all night thinking he's lost, and will issue a speech that he's conceding the election to Obama.

That would be funny. I was thinking of delivering him a fake message supposedly from a high level in the GOP party establishment telling him who he must choose as his running mate.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2012, 7:16 pm

marshall wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
marshall wrote:

That would be funny. I was thinking of delivering him a fake message supposedly from a high level in the GOP party establishment telling him who he must choose as his running mate.

Hm; who do you think would make the funniest running mate?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2012, 8:13 pm

It was a disturbing act, not out of the range of highschool bullying or out of the range of forgiveness. However, what is more disturbing is Romney's insistence that he didn't remember the incident. A statement of remorse or regret would have carried a great deal more weight, than convenient forgetfulness for an individual with a sharp memory evidenced in Romney's communication.

Pretty damaging stuff, for his gentleman like demeanor.

Potentially more interesting though, is what it was he was trying to prove as a young man.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2012, 11:30 pm

He might be secretly gay himself.

:)

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 1:46 am

The timing is what made this story additionally effective. His campaign fires a gay spokesman (or he resigns under pressure), then Obama announces support for gay marriage, and then this story breaks. Romney took a solid jab because of that sequence but it's far from over. Obama won the week. Six months to go.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 3:21 am

To be "fair and balanced" it appears that he has issued a vague apology on Fox:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/11/us/politics/years-later-a-prep-school-bullying-case-snares-romney.html?_r=1

Quote:
And Mr. Romney’s response shifted from a do-not-remember to a vague apology for any high school pranks taken too far, and efforts to deal with any damage.

“There’s no question that I did some stupid things in high school, and obviously, if I hurt anyone by virtue of that, I would be very sorry for it and apologize for it,” he told Fox News’s Neil Cavuto.

"I would be very for sorry for it and apologize". Interesting apology.

Lots of people have been bullied and have bullied and can recognize that type of non-remorseful character from a hormone charged adolscence.

Common in adolscence, but it appears that Romney's view of himself is more important than how those view his moral character from a distance, now in his late adulthood. In the picture below it is obvious that he was a "high strung" young man. I think he could have been forgiven and even potentially respected for the apology, if he would have sincerely apologized for his actions and attributed it to the immaturity of adolscence.

Potential for courage and honor in adulthood by owning up to mistakes in the immaturity of youth, but instead perceived cowardice of selfishness in late adulthood, by the public in his reply.

An apology for immaturity in adolscence, would have made sense looking at the picture below. I don't think I have ever seen a year book picture where someone was joking about committing suicide, and am kind of surprised that a respectable institution would even allow it in a yearbook. Romney must have been quite a Character in high school. I wonder if anyone else saw humor in that action other than him, at the time the photo was taken.

I can't say I've even seen it on facebook. He was ahead of his time as a young attention seeker.

His attempt at an apology is reminiscent of Clinton's statement that he smoked pot but didn't inhale, and what the definition of is, is. At least GW admitted to cocaine usage and alcholism. Romney's fascade is broken now, for those who weren't paying much attention to the craft of his character.

I've been trying to place where I saw that expression in the picture below, and I think it was Jack Nicholson in "the Shining". :twisted:

Good OP-Ed on it here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/12/opinion/blow-mean-boys.html?_r=3&smid=fb-share

I missed the story on him strapping his dog Seamus in a crate on the roof of his car for a twelve hour drive. Not sure if that is illegal, but it's something I've never seen in real life.

His wife is certainly supportive indicating the hair cutting incident was just "a boyish prank", and the dog loved the ride in the crate on the top of the car, even though the dog had bowel problems evidenced on the windows of the car during the trip, blamed on turkey scraps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seamus_incident

A person has to have pretty thick skin to be a politician, as well as their family members. Other politicians have certainly done literally much worse things and escaped a full accounting of their actions in youth, and continued success in politics; not limited to Republicans, or later in adulthood, per politicians like Edward Kennedy and a trip off a bridge with a girlfriend. None of this is too unusual per the lives of those with power and influence.

I still haven't quite processed the dog incident, yet. Seems more like evidence of eccentricity than actual intended cruelty in that incident. He was definitely thinking way out of the box, when he did that. It was close to as odd as the toygun picture as a young man. Romney is definitely one of a kind; the mold of his fascade hides some interesting things.

Information technology makes things tough for a politician, these days, bringing incidents that happened thirty years or even close to fifty years ago, to the present, like they happened yesterday. One would have to almost be born callous or perfect to endure the rigors of life inspection of a politician, these days. And, no one's perfect, even though Romney is still taking a "stab" at it; definitely has some thick skin, like his father George, who lost his bid for the presidency against Nixon, largely over one off the cuff comment about brainwashing.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 6:07 am

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 6:33 am

His actions with Bain Capital in raiding people's pensions and essentially stealing from them prove his low moral character and that he belongs in prison, not on the hustings.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 6:33 am

i don't like his "mean girl bully" material girl wife, either. :P why can't willard the wonk get the same kind of rude haircut that he forced onto [the late] john lauber?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 6:36 am

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 10:50 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
marshall wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
marshall wrote:

Nancy Pelosi

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 10:58 am

aghogday wrote:
To be "fair and balanced" it appears that he has issued a vague apology on Fox:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/11/us/politics/years-later-a-prep-school-bullying-case-snares-romney.html?_r=1

Quote:
And Mr. Romney’s response shifted from a do-not-remember to a vague apology for any high school pranks taken too far, and efforts to deal with any damage.

“There’s no question that I did some stupid things in high school, and obviously, if I hurt anyone by virtue of that, I would be very sorry for it and apologize for it,” he told Fox News’s Neil Cavuto.

"I would be very for sorry for it and apologize". Interesting apology.

Lots of people have been bullied and have bullied and can recognize that type of non-remorseful character from a hormone charged adolscence.

Common in adolscence, but it appears that Romney's view of himself is more important than how those view his moral character from a distance, now in his late adulthood. In the picture below it is obvious that he was a "high strung" young man. I think he could have been forgiven and even potentially respected for the apology, if he would have sincerely apologized for his actions and attributed it to the immaturity of adolscence.

Potential for courage and honor in adulthood by owning up to mistakes in the immaturity of youth, but instead perceived cowardice of selfishness in late adulthood, by the public in his reply.

An apology for immaturity in adolscence, would have made sense looking at the picture below. I don't think I have ever seen a year book picture where someone was joking about committing suicide, and am kind of surprised that a respectable institution would even allow it in a yearbook. Romney must have been quite a Character in high school. I wonder if anyone else saw humor in that action other than him, at the time the photo was taken.

I can't say I've even seen it on facebook. He was ahead of his time as a young attention seeker.

His attempt at an apology is reminiscent of Clinton's statement that he smoked pot but didn't inhale, and what the definition of is, is. At least GW admitted to cocaine usage and alcholism. Romney's fascade is broken now, for those who weren't paying much attention to the craft of his character.

I've been trying to place where I saw that expression in the picture below, and I think it was Jack Nicholson in "the Shining". :twisted:

Good OP-Ed on it here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/12/opinion/blow-mean-boys.html?_r=3&smid=fb-share

I missed the story on him strapping his dog Seamus in a crate on the roof of his car for a twelve hour drive. Not sure if that is illegal, but it's something I've never seen in real life.

His wife is certainly supportive indicating the hair cutting incident was just "a boyish prank", and the dog loved the ride in the crate on the top of the car, even though the dog had bowel problems evidenced on the windows of the car during the trip, blamed on turkey scraps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seamus_incident

A person has to have pretty thick skin to be a politician, as well as their family members. Other politicians have certainly done literally much worse things and escaped a full accounting of their actions in youth, and continued success in politics; not limited to Republicans, or later in adulthood, per politicians like Edward Kennedy and a trip off a bridge with a girlfriend. None of this is too unusual per the lives of those with power and influence.

I still haven't quite processed the dog incident, yet. Seems more like evidence of eccentricity than actual intended cruelty in that incident. He was definitely thinking way out of the box, when he did that. It was close to as odd as the toygun picture as a young man. Romney is definitely one of a kind; the mold of his fascade hides some interesting things.

Information technology makes things tough for a politician, these days, bringing incidents that happened thirty years or even close to fifty years ago, to the present, like they happened yesterday. One would have to almost be born callous or perfect to endure the rigors of life inspection of a politician, these days. And, no one's perfect, even though Romney is still taking a "stab" at it; definitely has some thick skin, like his father George, who lost his bid for the presidency against Nixon, largely over one off the cuff comment about brainwashing.

I think this is a fair assessment.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 12:48 pm

auntblabby wrote:

You could replace Obama with Dick Cheney and it would still look the same.

EDIT: I know, Cheney isn't running.

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 1:15 pm

marshall wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
marshall wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
marshall wrote:

Nancy Pelosi

Then by all means, send him that list! :lol: