Page 7 of 11 [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 8:14 pm

ruveyn wrote:
snapcap wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
snapcap wrote:

Do you look forward to Mitt getting into office?

Only to the extent it means that Lord Obama is out of office.

ruveyn

Don't you think you'll be saying the same thing about Mitt in 2016?

Yes.

All we get is a choice for the lesser of two evils.

ruveyn

Not my choice. Maybe for you! :thumright:

BTW, are you Raptor's other account?

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 8:17 pm

snapcap wrote:

BTW, are you Raptor's other account?

No way. I am sui generis.

ruveyn

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 8:18 pm

snapcap wrote:

Quote:
Do you look forward to Mitt getting into office?

Not as much as I look forward to Barack being gone from office.

Quote:
Don't you think you'll be saying the same thing about Mitt in 2016?

Only time will tell. I don’t put much faith in any politician but as a whole they are better than most dictators.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 8:23 pm

Don't you think choosing the lesser of two evils is partial how we got to this poor selection of Democrats and Republicans on the ticket? No one chooses who they like anymore, they choice the one that isn't as horrible as the other.

I think people have forgotten that they vote for the person that closely represents their interests and values. Does Mitt hold your interests and values?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 9:08 pm

Raptor wrote:
New development!

President Obama is invoking "executive privileges" to protect his boy Eric Holder (and probably his own ass).
As an Illinois senator in '07 Obama criticized then President Bush for that using very same practice.
Guess it all just depends on what side of the bread your butter is on.......... :roll:

This is bad, insanely bad.

What it pretty much means is that this is that every attempt will be made to repaint reality as this being nothing more than a Republican hatchet job (then again watching Holder on the stand that seems like its all that's been happening to begin with). That's horrible for the Democratic party, horrible for both Obama and Holder (albeit possibly not as bad as going to jail if that's what these documents would make a case for) and it'll make the partisan food fighting in the media smash the thermometer.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 9:17 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Raptor wrote:
New development!

President Obama is invoking "executive privileges" to protect his boy Eric Holder (and probably his own ass).
As an Illinois senator in '07 Obama criticized then President Bush for that using very same practice.
Guess it all just depends on what side of the bread your butter is on.......... :roll:

This is bad, insanely bad.

What it pretty much means is that this is that every attempt will be made to repaint reality as this being nothing more than a Republican hatchet job (then again watching Holder on the stand that seems like its all that's been happening to begin with). That's horrible for the Democratic party, horrible for both Obama and Holder (albeit possibly not as bad as going to jail if that's what these documents would make a case for) and it'll make the partisan food fighting in the media smash the thermometer.

Means there's probably darker things they are hiding. Bush is proud.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 9:55 pm

snapcap wrote:
Don't you think choosing the lesser of two evils is partial how we got to this poor selection of Democrats and Republicans on the ticket? No one chooses who they like anymore, they choice the one that isn't as horrible as the other.

I think people have forgotten that they vote for the person that closely represents their interests and values. Does Mitt hold your interests and values?

We've covered this ground before and my position is the same as it was then. It'll still be the same the next time, too.......

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 9:57 pm

snapcap wrote:
Means there's probably darker things they are hiding. Bush is proud.

If that's Bush, Obama, and Holder it might be time for them all to wear stripes together and share the same toilet. Might make for some great reality tv as well to pay the court costs.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 10:09 pm

Raptor wrote:
snapcap wrote:

We've covered this ground before and my position is the same as it was then. It'll still be the same the next time, too.......

I think you're right, we've had Obama for a term already and Romney is nothing but what we've seen already. He sounds like Obama, but he's going to have Bush's advisors. :roll: It is the same ground! How do you make the same choices thinking something different is going to happen. That's insane.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jun 2012, 10:30 am

I wish you guys would talk about Eric Holder/Fast and Furious. I'd really like to hear an opposing argument to the resignation and investigation of Eric Holder. I just can't see how anybody can defend giving weapons to Mexican drug cartels and these weapons weapons were used to commit murders in Mexico and the US. Heads should roll for this.

Now I guess you could say this is nothing compared to the death we export daily to autocrats and 'rebel' movements across the world for a very long time. Just because they didn't hold previous people for their crimes isn't a legitimate excuse in my opinion tho, this culture needs to change.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 11:34 am

Why would "Conservatives" oppose selling guns to anyone? We have our Second Amendment.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 12:28 pm

Raptor wrote:
Hmmm...........where to start?
The long and short of it is that some people continue to be deeply repulsed by homosexuality and they vote, period.
Something else for you to chew on is that there are a considerable number of Canadians a that share those same values....
Either here or there it will only change with time, maybe.....
Do you understand anything I write? Doesn't look like it sometimes.......... :roll:
As long as I vote my list isn't totally irrelevant. You can rest assured I vote the type of values I write about here.
All in all, government decisions are not "better" so all you do by expanding government is more unwise decisions....
Am I to assume that you think your government is perfect or what? Government perfection is an oxymoron if there ever was one.
That is a textbook scenario. Trust me when I say that it does not work that way in the real world. Human nature won't allow that kind of efficiency in an entity like a government agency.
I'm really starting to think you just don't get it.
For the most part we like our constitution quite well, thank you. There cannot be a perfect constitution that addresses every circumstance.
I don't even know where to start with this. I could easily write a page in response to each sentence but I don't have the inclination to explain to those who are obviously either too naive or just looking for an argument for the sake of arguing and provoking others into the same.
(pssssp............it's called trolling by some definitions)
It's taken as a complement whenever you or yours do.
Got that right. :D
You'd fail miserably. My mind is as open as my conscience will allow it.
What you're doing in effect is exposing more of your faulty ideology and arrogance to the right side of this forum and showing the left what they already know about me. In other words it's strictly self satisfying and accomplishes nothing.
Good luck! :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao:
Why not just roll the whole gay thing into one instead of at the beginning and end of your...........reply.
Well, read what I said at the very beginning of my reply because it applies here equally well.
To sum it up, the gist of your whole post that I'm replying to now is about your highhanded criticism of the United States and disdain (or hatred, disgust, pity, envy, or whatever) of me.
Next time spare yourself all the typing and just say "F*ck you, your politics, and your country!".

Better luck next time....

:D

Neither of us are doing ourselves any favours here--so let's cut the invective, and turn to the issues of substance. I think there are two (but feel free to add one if you feel that I have missed one): the issue of popular repulsion to homosexuality, and the relationship betwen the Constitution and government decision making.

Voters may well be replused by homosexuality, and they are perfectly free to be so. But they are not free to attempt to use their electoral weight to deny equal protection (equal benefit, in Canadian parlance) to their LGBT fellow citizens. Unless and until they amend the United States Constitution (or in our case, the Charter of Rights and Freedoms) they are on the wrong side of the law. They are perfectly free to hold their opinion, but they are not free to give their opinion legal weight. I would believe that same thing, even if 99% of the electorate believed that homosexuality is repulsive. Until they use that electoral weight to amend the relevant constitutional provisions, their belief cannot be given the weight of law.

As for the second matter, I would never claim that my country's government or constitution is perfect. Far from it. Indeed, I think we have committed exactly the opposite constitutional offence in this country, having gone too far to other extreme and having taken far too much authority away from individual legislators. Since I am employed as a public servant I see the nature of decision making in my government every day, and I participate in it. I recognize its shortcomings and its strengths. But most importantly, I recognize that the work that I do, that my department does and my Minister's accountability for it to Parliament is important. Do we make mistakes? Of course we do--a government is, after all, a human thing. But to suggest that government is always wrong, or mostly bad is, I suggest, to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 1:39 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Why would "Conservatives" oppose selling guns to anyone? We have our Second Amendment.

This stunt as pulled in an attempt to get more anti-gun laws pushed through by framing law abiding Gun Dealerships.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-5 ... e1.channel

CBS is rather late to the party, Fox News reported the information in their article several months ago, probably with the same documents too.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 1:46 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

This stunt as pulled in an attempt to get more anti-gun laws pushed through by framing law abiding Gun Dealerships.

CBS is rather late to the party, Fox News reported the information in their article several months ago, probably with the same documents too.

Where does it say that they were "framing law abiding Gun Dealerships?" The e-mails show that they were cooperating with the ATF.

And, where is anyone admitting to attempting to get more anti-gun laws pushed through?

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 2:04 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

Where does it say that they were "framing law abiding Gun Dealerships?" The e-mails show that they were cooperating with the ATF.

And, where is anyone admitting to attempting to get more anti-gun laws pushed through?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgkh_1sgFrs&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL8F51EF0357A96764[/youtube]

If you're going to claim something never happened, maybe you better make sure that I can't find something to completely destroy that claim in under 2 minutes.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 2:41 pm

Raptor wrote:
Next time spare yourself all the typing and just say "F*ck you, your politics, and your country!".

Sounds like a good idea, minus one thing. This isn't your country. It's everyone else's too, including us "sniveling liberals" who would rather not have your kind giving all Americans a bad name. According to the polls, extreme right-wing partisans like yourself comprise less than 30% of the population. You guys don't single handedly own the title of "patriot".