Page 6 of 11 [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 5:19 pm

Longshanks wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Your very first one. Congratulations! How timely, too. I glorify your holy name. :hail:

To quote you: :shameonyou: "Thou art way out of line." Oh, I forgot, It's okay for a liberal to be obnoxious and biggoted when they've been proven wrong.

Longshanks

And let's just go full circle on this.

Mercutio wrote:
A plague 'a both your houses!

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 5:51 pm

Longshanks wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen, introducing Marshall, Master of Condescention and Intolerance. His response to me is proof.

Longshanks

Are you glorifying Marshall, or yourself?

I just state fact. And now it's time to put you in your place. Refering to your past posts on how racist we Southern Baptists allegedly are. You may want to check the news. We just elected an African-American as president of our conference. Don't you feel foolish?

Longshanks

Your very first one. Congratulations! How timely, too. I glorify your holy name. :hail:

To quote you: :shameonyou: "Thou art way out of line."

As the French say, je ne comprends pas. :shrug:

'Tis thou who art forsooth way out of line.

Longshanks wrote:
Oh, I forgot, It's okay for a liberal to be obnoxious and biggoted when they've been proven wrong.

Longshanks

"Obnoxious and biggotted?" Wherefore wouldst thou find the glory of a congratulatory ejaculation to be "obnoxious and biggoted"? :shrug:

Which "Liberal" has been "proven wrong?"

Very clever of thee to pull out a plural pronoun when the antecedent was singular. Thou appearest nearly to be a genuine conservative. All the same, I remain unfooled.

If 'tis indeed "okay for a liberal to be obnoxious and biggoted", then thou art way out of line for having forgot this important fact.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 5:53 pm

I hope this senator goes to jail where all other people burners are.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 6:32 pm

visagrunt wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Criminalizing? You mean they arrest people for being gay?
Sounds more like one of those Islamic countries the left is always defending.

Well, Texas was certainly trying to criminalize homosexual behaviour up until 2003 when the Supreme Court stopped them. And they were not alone in that.

Quote:
Business is not easy. I don’t know where you got that notion. It takes skills that some people just don't have and will never have and a failed business usually doesn't have the safety net of the taxpayers money like the government has.

Did you read my last sentence? Did you understand it?

Quote:
Your idea of government is too far from mine. You first envision healthcare and education whereas I envision a squadron of B2 bombers or a few more carriers. Healthcare and whatnot are further down the list and in some cases not on my list.

Your list is irrelevant--what is relevant is the decisions that public policy makers must make every day. Given limited funds, is the better answer to buy the bombers or the carriers? To invest in more ground troops or more automated systems?

Quote:
That’s why the less government the better.

Which is simply stupid--because all you do is ensure that government can make fewer and fewer of the better choices that are avaialble to it.

Quote:
Again there’s not much in the way of wisdom. It’s all a matter of power and influence within the agencies that decides what goes where. The bigger you make an entity the more corrupt cumbersome it becomes.

I’m employed by a government contractor that provides services (not products) to agencies of the federal government. We, including me, work with civilian government personnel on a daily basis. I can tell you from day to day experience that one hand does not know what the other is doing between departments, let alone agencies. Right and wrong depend only on who’s watching, who wants what and how much budget there is. Bureaucratic requirements (that in affect aren’t followed) are created just to build personal empires on. Expensive and useful items are scrapped this week then they spend five times the original cost to replace it after they realize they needed it. On the other hand they’ll spend tens of millions on transportation and warehousing of outdated totally useless junk just because it’s less paperwork for someone than it would be to scrap it. People do their jobs only if they feel like it. The simplest of logic, planning, management, and budgeting are beyond grasp. I could go on and on just on my own observations and I’m taking about more than one agency.
So now we want to give them more and more to mishandle? :roll:

I will have to make some allowance for the place where you come from. Your country has created a structure in which legislators interfere with and micromanage the work of government on an ongoing basis. The proper sphere of the legislature is to hold the purse strings, to set the legal framework and to maintain the accountability of government. Priority setting and the execution of policy are properly the function of government (or what you would call the executive branch).

Now you're created a system in which your country is domestically ungovernable, because of precisely the issues that you raise--intereference by moneyed interests influencing decisions makers to extend themselves beyond their proper constitutional reach.

But that fact that your country has an unwieldy constitution does not support the argument that government is inherently bad or faulty. If you have a problem with corruption in government, then tackle the corruption, not the government. If you have a problem with shifting priorities, then start to insulate established priorities from interference. If have have a problem with competence, then make public service a worthwhile career that attracts the best and the brightest.

Quote:
You've already labeled me a jingoist and a chauvinist, I think, so come back with something new as an insult this time.

BTW; I can’t help but notice that the gay rights thingy seems to be your obsession……..

I have no intention of insulting you. I imagine that you wear the badges of chauvinism and jingoism with pride. I am not here to convince you to take a longer view or approach things with an open mind. I'm here to show others what you are, and to undercut your influence. The more that I can isolate you and your ilk, the less influence that you will have and the less political weght that your views will have.

As for gay rights--it's one of the areas where your country has a shameful record, and one which its opponents are fighting a needless and useless fight. I can quite understand that poverty, universal insurance for medically necessary care and income disparity are all issues in which there are conflicting public policy interests at stake, and where simple solutions have dramatic consequences. But on gay rights, there is no down side. It does not threaten your society or your collective well-being one jot. And yet opponents fiercely resist it.

Hmmm...........where to start?

Quote:
Well, Texas was certainly trying to criminalize homosexual behaviour up until 2003 when the Supreme Court stopped them. And they were not alone in that.

The long and short of it is that some people continue to be deeply repulsed by homosexuality and they vote, period.
Something else for you to chew on is that there are a considerable number of Canadians a that share those same values....
Either here or there it will only change with time, maybe.....

Quote:
Did you read my last sentence? Did you understand it?

Do you understand anything I write? Doesn't look like it sometimes.......... :roll:

Quote:
Your list is irrelevant--what is relevant is the decisions that public policy makers must make every day.

As long as I vote my list isn't totally irrelevant. You can rest assured I vote the type of values I write about here.

Quote:
Which is simply stupid--because all you do is ensure that government can make fewer and fewer of the better choices that are avaialble to it.

All in all, government decisions are not "better" so all you do by expanding government is more unwise decisions....

Quote:
Your country has created a structure in which legislators interfere with and micromanage the work of government on an ongoing basis.

Am I to assume that you think your government is perfect or what? Government perfection is an oxymoron if there ever was one.

Quote:
The proper sphere of the legislature is to hold the purse strings, to set the legal framework and to maintain the accountability of government. Priority setting and the execution of policy are properly the function of government (or what you would call the executive branch).

That is a textbook scenario. Trust me when I say that it does not work that way in the real world. Human nature won't allow that kind of efficiency in an entity like a government agency.
I'm really starting to think you just don't get it.

Quote:
But that fact that your country has an unwieldy constitution......

For the most part we like our constitution quite well, thank you. There cannot be a perfect constitution that addresses every circumstance.

Quote:
If you have a problem with corruption in government, then tackle the corruption, not the government. If you have a problem with shifting priorities, then start to insulate established priorities from interference. If have have a problem with competence, then make public service a worthwhile career that attracts the best and the brightest.

I don't even know where to start with this. I could easily write a page in response to each sentence but I don't have the inclination to explain to those who are obviously either too naive or just looking for an argument for the sake of arguing and provoking others into the same.
(pssssp............it's called trolling by some definitions)

Quote:
I have no intention of insulting you.

It's taken as a complement whenever you or yours do.

Quote:
I imagine that you wear the badges of chauvinism and jingoism with pride.

Got that right. :D

Quote:
I am not here to convince you to take a longer view or approach things with an open mind.

You'd fail miserably. My mind is as open as my conscience will allow it.

Quote:
I'm here to show others what you are, and to undercut your influence.

What you're doing in effect is exposing more of your faulty ideology and arrogance to the right side of this forum and showing the left what they already know about me. In other words it's strictly self satisfying and accomplishes nothing.

Quote:
The more that I can isolate you and your ilk, the less influence that you will have and the less political weght that your views will have.

Good luck! :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao:

Quote:
As for gay rights--it's one of the areas where your country has a shameful record, and one which its opponents are fighting a needless and useless fight. I can quite understand that poverty, universal insurance for medically necessary care and income disparity are all issues in which there are conflicting public policy interests at stake, and where simple solutions have dramatic consequences. But on gay rights, there is no down side. It does not threaten your society or your collective well-being one jot. And yet opponents fiercely resist it.

Why not just roll the whole gay thing into one instead of at the beginning and end of your...........reply.
Well, read what I said at the very beginning of my reply because it applies here equally well.

To sum it up, the gist of your whole post that I'm replying to now is about your highhanded criticism of the United States and disdain (or hatred, disgust, pity, envy, or whatever) of me.

Next time spare yourself all the typing and just say "F*ck you, your politics, and your country!".

Better luck next time....

:D

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 6:43 pm

New development!

President Obama is invoking "executive privileges" to protect his boy Eric Holder (and probably his own ass).
As an Illinois senator in '07 Obama criticized then President Bush for that using very same practice.
Guess it all just depends on what side of the bread your butter is on.......... :roll:

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 6:46 pm

Raptor wrote:
New development!

President Obama is invoking "executive privileges" to protect his boy Eric Holder (and probably his own ass).
As an Illinois senator in '07 Obama criticized then President Bush for that using very same practice.
Guess it all just depends on what side of the bread your butter is on.......... :roll:

What, you are only realizing now that all politicians are frequently dishonest, cronyism dependent projections of the worst that humanity has to offer?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 7:12 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
New development!

What, you are only realizing now that all politicians are frequently dishonest, cronyism dependent projections of the worst that humanity has to offer?

I'm realizing that this might be one of the torpedos striking the hull of the HMS Obama come November.
The tears of the left for the next 4-8 years will be the remaining tell-tail oil stain that marks the sinking......... :D

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 7:17 pm

Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
New development!

I'm realizing that this might be one of the torpedos striking the hull of the HMS Obama come November.
The tears of the left for the next 4-8 years will be the remaining tell-tail oil stain that marks the sinking......... :D

:lol: you're just going to jinx it by being so anticipatory to something that is still up in the air. And even if you get Romney in office, things are not going to change for the better. I found it funny that Obama's slogan was "CHANGE", and a lot of people actually expected this; now the Republicans seem to be thinking the same thing, and I am going to laugh just as much when nothing changes. Your politicians are quite cemented in continuity of policies they criticize while in opposition but reap advantage of when in power. Not much different here either

JWC
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 7:24 pm

Raptor wrote:
New development!

The best part is the executive privilege only applies if Obama was involved. By invoking executive privilege he is admitting his involvement by default.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 7:39 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
New development!

:lol: you're just going to jinx it by being so anticipatory to something that is still up in the air. And even if you get Romney in office, things are not going to change for the better. I found it funny that Obama's slogan was "CHANGE", and a lot of people actually expected this; now the Republicans seem to be thinking the same thing, and I am going to laugh just as much when nothing changes. Your politicians are quite cemented in continuity of policies they criticize while in opposition but reap advantage of when in power. Not much different here either

I said might be, not will be. :roll:
Only an idiot takes a politician's campaign promises seriously. Having said and meant that, I put only a little more stock in Romney than I do in Obama.
Our situation hasn't improved in the past four years that I can tell. In this term Obama has at least had the incentive of a possible re-election and he hasn't done diddly to earn it. He'll have no re-election to worry about during a second term so it stands to reason that he'll do even worse......

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 7:40 pm

JWC wrote:
Raptor wrote:
New development!

The best part is the executive privilege only applies if Obama was involved. By invoking executive privilege he is admitting his involvement by default.

Exactly! It just keeps getting better..........

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 8:04 pm

Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
New development!

Do you look forward to Mitt getting into office?

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 8:08 pm

snapcap wrote:

Only to the extent it means that Lord Obama is out of office.

ruveyn

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 8:11 pm

ruveyn wrote:
snapcap wrote:

ruveyn

Don't you think you'll be saying the same thing about Mitt in 2016?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 8:12 pm

snapcap wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
snapcap wrote:

ruveyn

Yes.

All we get is a choice for the lesser of two evils.

ruveyn

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 8:14 pm

ruveyn wrote:
snapcap wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
snapcap wrote:

ruveyn

Yes.

All we get is a choice for the lesser of two evils.

ruveyn

Not my choice. Maybe for you! :thumright:

BTW, are you Raptor's other account?