Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

WhiteWidow
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 10:46 pm

Can somebody tell me why they constantly keep sending vehicles to dealerships and making vehicles when nobody has the money to afford them? They're sitting in parking lots. They're even sitting on top of the roofs of the dealerships. The dealerships are offering customers "employee pricing" that was a benefit that was originally for the employees of the company because they manufactured the vehicles, and now those benefits are being passed off to the consumer to pay for the slumping market. A 27K car is now 19K etc. And that's only a year and a half deflation. Imagine in the next two years, 12K / 14K. Soon they'll have to come out with an "everybody's car". Infact they have - it's called Cars 2 Go where the idea of OWNING the vehicles is obselete, as everyone will only be able to afford this public/private transit deal, where you pay by the milage. Of course they give you better deals on your milage the more you buy - and then that's where the plans will probably come in just like phones. You know, phones use to be public. Alberta Government Telecom, and British Telecom. Then they began privatizing the phone company. Soon it will be the public transportation industry seeing as how those with money right now will have LESS money, and those with little money will have no money so they build Wal Marts with food sections in them so close to the government housing that the mentally ill or disabled will never have to leave their house. Why would they? They don't have money to go on vacation or leave the city.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 1:35 am

WhiteWidow wrote:
Can somebody tell me why they constantly keep sending vehicles to dealerships and making vehicles when nobody has the money to afford them? They're sitting in parking lots. They're even sitting on top of the roofs of the dealerships. The dealerships are offering customers "employee pricing" that was a benefit that was originally for the employees of the company because they manufactured the vehicles, and now those benefits are being passed off to the consumer to pay for the slumping market. A 27K car is now 19K etc. And that's only a year and a half deflation. Imagine in the next two years, 12K / 14K. Soon they'll have to come out with an "everybody's car". Infact they have - it's called Cars 2 Go where the idea of OWNING the vehicles is obselete, as everyone will only be able to afford this public/private transit deal, where you pay by the milage. Of course they give you better deals on your milage the more you buy - and then that's where the plans will probably come in just like phones. You know, phones use to be public. Alberta Government Telecom, and British Telecom. Then they began privatizing the phone company. Soon it will be the public transportation industry seeing as how those with money right now will have LESS money, and those with little money will have no money so they build Wal Marts with food sections in them so close to the government housing that the mentally ill or disabled will never have to leave their house. Why would they? They don't have money to go on vacation or leave the city.

The auto industry is actually in a period of recovery right now.

Even if they weren't, I'm not going to complain about them continuing to employ people.

And you forget about used car ownership, which is a much much cheaper alternative. Hell, I'm only employed about half the time, and never make much even when I am working, and could still easily afford to buy, and can easily afford to maintain, a used car.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 1:45 am

I got two words Craigs List.I bought my car for eleven hundred fifty dollars and it runs like a champ and even better its an infiniti its got some slight dings and its like twenty one years old but still runs nice.No credit checks no payments no contract no problem.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 2:11 am

1500 for a 17 year old toyota. The two previous owners were my aunts, so I know it was meticulously maintained, mechanically at least. It's got a few dents and the interior is pretty beat up (one drove her kids around in it for years).

Around here, there's zipcar, which is the equivalent of car2go? With the amount of driving I do, owning a used car is much cheaper, and far more convenient.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 3:16 am

Gotta love privately owned vehicles eh? :D

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList