Are you Pro-israeli or Pro-palestinian
Pro-Israeli 53%  53%  [ 30 ]
Pro-Palestinian 47%  47%  [ 27 ]
Total votes : 57

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 11:13 am

I remember since fourth grade, I heard about the Israel-Palestinian conflict about the homeland, blah blah blah and for a while, I was encouraged to be Pro-Israel, due to my Jewish background and the environment I was in (I attended a religious school for some time), but now I realize the conflict is much more complicated.

Who do you side with and why?

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

Last edited by gailryder17 on 20 Jun 2012, 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 11:18 am

I'm on the "Let's build a huge freaking wall around hte area, shoot down any aircrafts or escapees and then open it up again in a few hundred years to see if they've either killed each other or became friends.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 12:01 pm

The modern formation of Israel was the backdrop to most of the struggles in the Middle East since then. It's about the west asserting it's dominance in that part of the world.

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 12:27 pm

I'm "Pro-humanity" and just wish they'd sort their differences out and get on with their lives. Maybe a naive viewpoint but one I'd guess the majority of people who live there probably share.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 1:38 pm

Why must it be one or the other?

Where is the place for the person who believes that Israel is the only pluralist parliamentary democracy in the entire region who must, nonetheless, vacate sufficient territory to provide for a viable Palestinian state?

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 1:43 pm

I am not for either. What I am for is a three state solution, whereby Israel and Palestine are separate states, and Jerusalem is also a separate entity with status comparable to San Marino, Monaco, Andorra, The Vatican, or other microstates. Palestinians and Israelis get their own countries, and Jerusalem is not occupied by either, but is accessible to all

Evinceo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jun 2012, 3:21 pm

I think that they deserve each other.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 4:45 pm

I am pro-Israeli (by and large) because I am in favor of civilized folk.

ruveyn

Pyrite
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 4:50 pm

gailryder17 wrote:
I remember since fourth grade, I heard about the Israel-Palestinian conflict about the homeland, blah blah blah and for a while, I was encouraged to be Pro-Israel, due to my Jewish background and the environment I was in (I attended a religious school for some time), but now I realize the conflict is much more complicated.

If you realized that it was much more complicated why did you make a poll that forces people to be on strictly one side or the other?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 4:55 pm

Evinceo wrote:
I think that they deserve each other.

It may turn out that the Orthodox Jews were right all along. They said a man made Jewish state could not be sustained and it was a mistake to set up in the middle east. The Orthodox believe that G-D will determine when and how His people are returned to the land He gave to them.

There is an error of pride and arrogance that people sometimes commit. It is imminentizing the eschaton. Trying to bring about the End Times before they are supposed to happen. The Zionists committed that blunder. They are not the only ones. Forcing God's Hand simply does not work.

ruveyn

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

20 Jun 2012, 5:00 pm

I don't support either of them.

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 11:36 pm

Pyrite wrote:
gailryder17 wrote:

If you realized that it was much more complicated why did you make a poll that forces people to be on strictly one side or the other?

Sorry. I meant to put another poll option that said "Neutral/Don't know" but it didn't send through.

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 11:38 pm

Silly question. I'm not against countries, I'm against violations of international law.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVeeanP5Jto&feature=related[/youtube]

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 12:42 am

Im pro-human

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 2:04 am

I'm pro-humanity. A multicultural, secular one-state solution that involves merging the Occupied Territories into a reconstituted, secularized, Israeli (-Palestinian) state with voting rights for all.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 6:06 am

I chose not to take part in the poll, as the tragic situation in the Middle East can't be solved with demonizing one population or the other. I wish there had been more than two choices.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer