Very Likely 44%  44%  [ 19 ]
No 35%  35%  [ 15 ]
Just show me results 21%  21%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 43

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 3:36 am

what if ammunition or key [irreplaceable] components of ammunition were made much tougher to get/assemble? all those guns would be a lot less useful for people sans the talents to make do.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 4:00 am

auntblabby wrote:
what if ammunition or key [irreplaceable] components of ammunition were made much tougher to get/assemble? all those guns would be a lot less useful for people sans the talents to make do.

They'd b***h about that.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 4:44 am

but which would be easier for a government to do- confiscate weapons or set up a framework to make ammo much harder to get/self-produce?

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 9:50 am

auntblabby wrote:
ammunition made in factories is less reliable and of poor quality,fish and game,the enviremental police and game wardens would never accept that.because if reloader was banned you would see more wounded and crippled animals that would die slowly and painfully.handloaded ammo is more accurate and powerfull ensuring fast,clean and painless kills on game animals

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 12:44 pm

auntblabby wrote:
but which would be easier for a government to do- confiscate weapons or set up a framework to make ammo much harder to get/self-produce?

But wouldn't the boy ammo and the girl ammo get together, and reproduce little ammo? :lol:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 1:08 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ammunition made in factories is less reliable and of poor quality,fish and game,the enviremental police and game wardens would never accept that.because if reloader was banned you would see more wounded and crippled animals that would die slowly and painfully.handloaded ammo is more accurate and powerfull ensuring fast,clean and painless kills on game animals

Hand-loaded ammo depends on the skill of the person doing the reloading and the tools and components they use.
I'm hand-loader myself.
Most factory ammo other than some of that cheap Russian junk is of decent quality.
Federal Premium (one example) is of very high quality.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2012, 2:33 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
But wouldn't the boy ammo and the girl ammo get together, and reproduce little ammo? :lol:

since you brought the subject up, here is my stab [ok, my best shot] at an answer for your query-

sex and violence [WARNING- EXPLICIT CONTENT, viewer discretion advised]

this story is about mr. smith and ms. wesson, he was a big-bore blunderbuss, she was a pretty small calibre pistolita. they caught sights of one another and took stock of the situation and each other. one day mr. smith found ms. wesson rifling through his collection of shells. she then played with his bandolero, and when she got all the lead out she was colt inside her holster. this gave mr. smith the ammo he needed to set his sights on a certain little pistolita he'd noticed, namely ms. wesson. it was a very fine bead mr smith made on his target and ms. wesson was so impressed with his large calibre rifle grooves, she was more than happy to let him zero-in his volley on her bullseye. and a fine tight group she had, too. :wtg:

soooo.. to saw-off a long-rifle story to a .22 short, mr. smith used to be a bigshot around town, but decided to pair up with ms. wesson in a double-barreled over/under arrangement which allowed him to doff his jacket, as his days of shooting his seeds willy-nilly into the ground were long-over. after he blew his wad, he got a bunch of little BBs for his trouble. he went to get his firing pin snipped, so he just shoots blanks now. presently, every night all the other guns in the rack can hear mr. smith blasting away at the bullseye, regular as a gatling gun. she takes a powder, then afterwards she puts the primer back in his cartridge, then as he eagerly rams his cleaning rod up her barrels and swabs out her bores with vigor, again and again his muzzle flashes and lead erupts with a loud report.

bang bang :mrgreen:

Last edited by auntblabby on 24 Dec 2012, 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2012, 2:39 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

since you brought the subject up, here is my stab [ok, my best shot] at an answer for your query-

sex and violence [WARNING- EXPLICIT CONTENT, viewer discretion advised]

this story is about mr. smith and ms. wesson, he was a big-bore blunderbuss, she was a pretty small calibre pistolita. they caught sights of one another and took stock of the situation and each other. one day mr. smith found ms. wesson rifling through his collection of shells. she then played with his bandolero, and when she got all the lead out she was colt inside her holster. this gave mr. smith the ammo he needed to set his sights on a certain little pistolita he'd noticed, namely ms. wesson. it was a very fine bead mr smith made on his target and ms. wesson was so impressed with his large calibre rifle grooves, she was more than happy to let him zero-in his volley on her bullseye. and a fine tight group she had, too. :wtg:

soooo.. to saw-off a long-rifle story to a .22 short, mr. smith used to be a bigshot around town, but decided to pair up with ms. wesson in a double-barreled over/under arrangement which allowed him to doff his jacket, as his days of shooting his seeds willy-nilly into the ground were long-over. after he blew his wad, he got a bunch of little BBs for his trouble. he went to get his firing pin snipped, and now he just shoots blanks now. presently, every night all the other guns in the rack can hear mr. smith blasting away at the bullseye, regular as a gatling gun. she takes a powder, then afterwards she puts the primer back in his cartridge, then as he eagerly rams his cleaning rod up her barrels and swabs out her bores with vigor, again and again his muzzle flashes and lead erupts with a loud report.

bang bang :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2012, 3:55 am

I don't know about an actual war, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be one of the poor bastards sent out to actually confiscate the guns. I also probably wouldn't want to be one of the politicians who voted for it or a member of one of the groups that agitated for it either.