Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

23 Dec 2012, 10:23 am

Hello, and as someone who is now religiously apathetic (read: agnostic, even with my parents saying they are Christian, and I am trying to break away from that), I would like to know about the Mormon faith in general, like the tenets of their lives, parenting stuff, etc.

No snide or snarky stuff, please. All I want is to just be enlightened.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 10:27 am

equestriatola wrote:
Hello, and as someone who is now religiously apathetic (read: agnostic, even with my parents saying they are Christian, and I am trying to break away from that), I would like to know about the Mormon faith in general, like the tenets of their lives, parenting stuff, etc.

No snide or snarky stuff, please. All I want is to just be enlightened.

A straight forward devout LDS person will lead a clean life, avoid harmful substances, be frugal and thrifty and not depend on the government or strangers to help their needy. LDS person's are expected to tithe for their poor and needy and stock away food and other necessities for times of their own want.

PS. I am not an LDS person but I learned the theory about how an LDS person is supposed to act.

Does that help you?

ruveyn

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 10:39 am

I know you want information about Mormonism.

But may I ask why exactly? Are you thinking of joining them?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 12:19 pm

The Wikipedia article - "History of the Latter Day Saint movement" - seems to cover all the essentials without any significant bias.

What strikes me as most telling of the church that it was not until the mid-1960s that the LDS church allowed non-whites to hold leadership positions.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 2:22 pm

Fnord wrote:
The Wikipedia article - "History of the Latter Day Saint movement" - seems to cover all the essentials without any significant bias.

What strikes me as most telling of the church that it was not until the mid-1960s that the LDS church allowed non-whites to hold leadership positions.

The Revelator of the LDS Church got a vision from God transmitted by the Angel Moroni to let the dark skinned folks in.

ruveyn

verlorenModus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Dec 2012, 3:57 am

Fnord wrote:

the answer is in the Book of Mormon, when a culture goes bad god makes their skin dark. seriously. this is why i left the church.