Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2016, 11:54 am

Are they separate entities or properties of a single entity?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2016, 7:23 pm

They are part of the same reality, which is called "Spacetime".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2016, 7:35 pm

Like Einstein said that past, present and future happen all at once. Does that mean there are 3 of me - one that keeps repeating all the crap I've done, the me now sitting here wondering about this when I should be doing laundry and then another me sitting on her ass waiting for the future to happen?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2016, 7:41 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Like Einstein said that past, present and future happen all at once. Does that mean there are 3 of me - one that keeps repeating all the crap I've done, the me now sitting here wondering about this when I should be doing laundry and then another me sitting on her ass waiting for the future to happen?
It means that all versions of you coexist simultaneously, and that it is your consciousness that experiences life in a linear, progressive fashion - you exist as a continuum, perceiving only this moment.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2016, 7:47 pm

Fnord wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
It means that all versions of you coexist simultaneously, and that it is your consciousness that experiences life in a linear, progressive fashion - you exist as a continuum, perceiving only this moment.

If I only perceive this moment, how did Einstein know the past and future are going on at the same time? And might Deja vu be when the times accidently run together?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2016, 8:09 pm

That's definitely for the philosophers to figure out.

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2016, 9:56 pm

NewTime wrote:
Are they separate entities or properties of a single entity?

It's an interesting question.

For something to happen, you normally need a precise place and a precise time.
If you change or the time or the place, i think it is not happening.
So theoretically, why not considering that it could be a single entity.

It is my intuition that time doesn't exist as such, but it would be more a characteristic of space.
But physics often contradicts intuitions...

However, there are some quantic events which have "random" time or space outcome.
Those quantic events are not yet well understood. This "random" values could then also be a result of lack of knowledge explaining these events.

But if there is a "random" value in some events separating time and space, then this would probably contradict my "funny" intuition that time would be a characteristic of space.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2016, 11:08 pm

I have a theory that space is made of up tiny processors that can hold one atom each.
they advance time for the atom that they contain, this would explain how time can advance quicker for some objects than others.
(Time dilation)