Page 4 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

13 Nov 2014, 12:13 am

Hard to describe it I guess, or call the way I think religious. It's about power. Knowledge. Learning. Conciensness. A conglomerate of these things I guess. Knowing that power is everywhere, you really don't know much about any of it, you could learn alot more, and you are not more important, or stronger than it.

Awareness, and conciensness is a big deal for me. Most all people mull it over like it is no big deal. I believe it is the unquestionable biggest hurdle to actually understand. To believe you know it, is the kind of clarity that becomes a natural enemy. It is just being used by us. Most think that is an answer. All my life it has been nothing but a question. Like a dream. Neither here nor there. We don't know enough, and could learn more about that one too.

I believe in god I guess? As more of a substance than an actual thing. I believe in it, however it really hasn't taken shape for me. It's just power. All kinds. Making you very small, and weak in comparison. You can attain power from it. It is the stuff that makes you alive. You can feed on it, and take it in. It can destroy just the same. To believe you are powerful like this is just another enemy. No one knows enough about this either. We are all weak in comparison. The earth, the sun, the stars, water, too much oxygen, whatever.

When people can tell you about these things like they know the totality of what is going on to me is a comedy. It is the clarity of mind that makes us weak. It spreads like a disease.

I don't know if this is a religion. Maybe it's is just my meaningless made up conglomerate of garble, or just the folly of humans.

Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Bruce Lee.

imjustlurking
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Nov 2014, 12:58 am

Born and raised Mormon. Been out for a little over 2 years now. I consider myself to be Unitarian Universalist/atheist these days.

MorganFTL
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Nov 2014, 1:22 am

Omnist

It means I'm multiple religions.. all of them in fact (just not very good at any of them).

Liveirarica
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Nov 2014, 1:35 pm

Well, to answer the question; I am a Muslim, adherent of Islam, I always was a Muslim. I do accept evolution, but I am critical and skeptic of the theory on evolution, which means that I am not blindly believing it, or rather believe anything about it, I think natural selection is a myth. I am indifferent about homosexuals and all those other queers, I don't support them, I'm not against them either.. I am accepting of other people's faiths, but I like to question them and have debates with those followers.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 2:17 pm

Liveirarica wrote:
Well, to answer the question; I am a Muslim, adherent of Islam, I always was a Muslim. I do accept evolution, but I am critical and skeptic of the theory on evolution, which means that I am not blindly believing it, or rather believe anything about it, I think natural selection is a myth. I am indifferent about homosexuals and all those other queers, I don't support them, I'm not against them either.. I am accepting of other people's faiths, but I like to question them and have debates with those followers.

(bolded by me)
How do you believe in evolution without believing in natural selection? Both extinction and speciation have been observed. That sounds like natural selection to me.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 2:36 pm

trollcatman wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:

(bolded by me)
How do you believe in evolution without believing in natural selection? Both extinction and speciation have been observed. That sounds like natural selection to me.

I thought someone's first impression would have been about homosexuals and all those other queers. I know that's what stuck out for me.

Matthaeus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 2:39 pm

Not particularly interested in religion. Indifferent about them. I practice Stoicism.

Liveirarica
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Nov 2014, 2:47 pm

trollcatman wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:

(bolded by me)
Natural selection is the atheistic concept of intelligent design. The 'disbelief I have about natural selection is that it explains intelligent design without crediting God, but coming with a nontheistic answer, just like the Hindus did in the ancient times to answer about the Universe, without bringing gods.

This does not mean I don't believe in the concept of Natural Selection, but it has the power of God and happens purposely with the intention of God, not a random process of unconscious nature.

I understand it's understandable with science as it tries to give out a nontheistic explanation, but natural selection isn't exactly any more empirical than ID, which is why I have the right to accept one over the another without being wrong in it. I shouldn't have used the word "myth", but it still is in my eyes as it tries to explain an unsupported, non-empirical hypothesis of random process, I still can believe in evolution, it's just not an evolution of without God.

Last edited by Liveirarica on 17 Nov 2014, 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Liveirarica
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Nov 2014, 2:50 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:

(bolded by me)

I thought someone's first impression would have been about homosexuals and all those other queers. I know that's what stuck out for me.
Isn't 'queer' an umbrella term to refer anyone of the LGBT community, positively? I've heard a lot of queers calling themselves for 'queers', I don't find it derogatory.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 2:54 pm

Liveirarica wrote:
Natural selection is the atheistic concept of intelligent design. The 'myth' about natural selection is that it explains intelligent design without crediting God, but coming with a nontheistic answer, just like the Hindus did in the ancient times to answer about the Universe, without bringing gods. This does not mean I don't believe in the concept of Natural Selection, but it has the power of God and happens purposely with the intention of God, not a random process of unconscious nature.

Natural selection in not random. And it's central to the idea of evolution.

Liveirarica
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Nov 2014, 3:05 pm

AspE wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:
Natural selection is the atheistic concept of intelligent design. The 'myth' about natural selection is that it explains intelligent design without crediting God, but coming with a nontheistic answer, just like the Hindus did in the ancient times to answer about the Universe, without bringing gods. This does not mean I don't believe in the concept of Natural Selection, but it has the power of God and happens purposely with the intention of God, not a random process of unconscious nature.

Pardon my ignorance, obviously NS is not random, though, I believe my point still stands on that NS is atheistic, while ID is the theistic concept based upon the NS' scientific concept. But how is it a central idea of evolution, maybe Darwinism, but not Evolution.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 3:48 pm

Liveirarica wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:

(bolded by me)

Isn't 'queer' an umbrella term to refer anyone of the LGBT community, positively? I've heard a lot of queers calling themselves for 'queers', I don't find it derogatory.

As I understand the usage, it's comparable to the N word - that is, only those of that particular group can use it without it being derogatory. But I now understand you hadn't meant to sound bigoted.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 4:03 pm

Liveirarica wrote:
AspE wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:

Pardon my ignorance, obviously NS is not random, though, I believe my point still stands on that NS is atheistic, while ID is the theistic concept based upon the NS' scientific concept. But how is it a central idea of evolution, maybe Darwinism, but not Evolution.

There is no theory of evolution without natural selection. And it is technically neutral on the subject of god (but atheists would say it does remove him as a necessary aspect of the origin of species).

Liveirarica
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Nov 2014, 5:00 pm

AspE wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:
AspE wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:

There is no theory of evolution without natural selection. And it is technically neutral on the subject of god (but atheists would say it does remove him as a necessary aspect of the origin of species).
Yes, I was right then, just a slightly confused. As when I was saying "random", I actually meant "atheistic" on that it refers no God and that in that context, it would be "random", but that was only because I misspoke and did a common speech error of from the closest that describe my incident as "malapropism" (but as in confusion of definitions rather than in the soundalike of the words). I did say I doubt NS though, it lacks evidence for me to believe in, I don't believe much of Darwinism, just the core facts and well supported theories, NS is the least evidenced. That doesn't mean that I reject its existence, I just don't think we have developed it enough.

I wouldn't say NS is neutral, it's just indifferent and tries to explain things objectively, just like as we can say that God is responsible for Big Bang, but science tries to elaborate with testable evidence rather than bold statements, in detail without giving us a "god" answer. I never claimed though that there would be a theory of evolution without NS, seems irrelevant to the topic, I'm not supposing it was meant as a straw man, so I take it immaterially.

Liveirarica
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Nov 2014, 5:03 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:

(bolded by me)

As I understand the usage, it's comparable to the N word - that is, only those of that particular group can use it without it being derogatory. But I now understand you hadn't meant to sound bigoted.
According to S. Freud, we're all bisexuals, which I wholeheartedly believe. It's been observed in the nature and surveys. I consider myself as a bisexual, I guess I can say the word then.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 5:15 pm

Liveirarica wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:

(bolded by me)

According to S. Freud, we're all bisexuals, which I wholeheartedly believe. It's been observed in the nature and surveys. I consider myself as a bisexual, I guess I can say the word then.

You actually have something in common with my wife: she identifies as bisexual, too.