Page 1 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2014, 5:07 pm

Let me make this clear first, this is not a topic to troll people or to incite flames. I'm just generally interested to see which religion other people here follow, or their belief system. I repeat, do NOT insult others for having different religious beliefs than you.

I myself am a Catholic. I was an atheist from my teenage years up until around this time a couple of years ago where I was in a near-death experience and the only explanation was that somehow my prayers worked (as for a few other things before and since then). I'm a pretty accepting Catholic as well, I'm pro LGBT+QA rights, accepting of other religions, believe in evolution (in my head it works with my faith), etc.

What about you guys? Again, please do not insult people. I'm just trying to get a general consensus here.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2014, 5:10 pm

Theist, and that's all I'm going to say about it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kuribo64
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Nov 2014, 5:25 pm

None. I'm a lifelong atheist, and deeply grateful to have been raised in secular household. I began to consider myself an antitheist around the beginning of adolescence.

Last edited by Kuribo64 on 03 Nov 2014, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2014, 5:26 pm

nothing specific.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2014, 8:21 pm

It involves fire.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2014, 8:45 pm

I am a life long practicing Lutheran. I also embrace evolution and gay rights, even if other members of my faith do not.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2014, 8:46 pm

I am a life long practicing Lutheran. I also embrace evolution and gay rights, even if other members of my faith do not.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2014, 9:47 pm

I am Catholic.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2014, 9:51 pm

I'm a devout non-believer.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2014, 10:52 pm

Non-denominational Christian. I agree with the basic creeds and am a Trinitarian, but there are a number of issues that I don't see eye to eye with on many groups and there is no group that I even agree mostly with. However I do agree with most orthodox Christians on the essentials. Mainly I'm an odd ball for believing in Preterism, other humans being around before Adam and Eve, Genesis 1-3 being purely theological and not scientific, and it's mainly because I feel that Hebrew and Greek linguistics and culture aren't being paid careful enough attention.

If I had to pick one group that I agree the most with it would probably be Messianic Jews as they are Trinitarian Christians that are not legalists, but they emphasize understanding ancient Greek and Hebrew people when looking at the bible. I also feel it is worthwhile to still observe Jewish holidays and other traditions, not because it is obligatory but because I understand what Messianic Jews mean about how all of that old testament tradition symbolizes new testament prophecies and ethical values. However I do like to participate in many different Christian services and I probably enjoyed the music services of the Eastern Orthodox church the best, as they enjoy using amazing liturgical music and even some romantic period liturgy composed by Tchaikovsky.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 9:02 am

None.

If I had to chose a religion, I would say some type of gnostic. Mainly because the god of the old testament appears to be a douchebag.

DaughterOfGallifrey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Nov 2014, 9:19 am

Scientology!

Just kidding, I'm Unitarian Universalist.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 9:34 am

Christianity, but it is a bit complicated right now. At first I was baptist, and did all the baptist things that you would do. Then I started listening to what they were saying, and didn't exactly agree with everything. After that I went to a non-denominational church, and after a while of listening I started to have the same problems that I did with the baptist church previously. That and I kept getting mixed signals from the members. Now I still considered myself a christian, but I've some problems with the church right now.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 4:13 pm

None

I am opposed to religious groups and all forms of religious indoctrination.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 7:48 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I am Catholic.

Even though my family and I do get a lot of flak in our faith community, we still strongly hold on to our embracing of gay rights, evolution, global warming, racial equality in the Catholic Church, prevention of violence against women, and the list goes on.

mophead367
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Nov 2014, 7:23 pm

I'm an agnostic atheist with anti-theist tendencies.