Page 6 of 15 [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 2:45 am

Lukecash12 wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Lukecash12 wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
andrethemoogle wrote:
Otaku to be fair, you're listing Youtube videos and militant atheist websites, so I wouldn't say they are the most credible.

Seriously dude, just deal with the fact that some people believe in God and others like yourself don't. It's not a hard concept, it's called understanding and not judging or making fun of someone for that.
Im not making fun of the people just the entire concept of some magical man with a beard in the sky whos invisible because hes chickenshit and scared to show himself and not leaving any traces of his existence as well as skyfairies who also seem imaginary, its all made up its a religion and not reality a religion made up from other religions which died out.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCo6BVPGDh0[/youtube]

Literally none of those things pertain to what the vast majority of Christians believe. The Christian religion has nothing to do with a bearded sky daddy, fairies, or God being invisible. Projection my friend, projection.
If all people were created in his image then howcome he allowed people with disabilities to be born and some horribly deformed if that's the case then god has a deformed face.

Well let's get started then:

1. וַיִּבְרָא אֱלֹהִים אֶת-הָאָדָם בְּצַלְמוֹ, בְּצֶלֶם אֱלֹהִים בָּרָא אֹתוֹ: זָכָר וּנְקֵבָה, בָּרָא אֹתָם.

?ō·ṯām. bā·rā ū·nə·qê·ḇāh zā·ḵār ?ō·ṯōw; bā·rā ?ĕ·lō·hîm bə·ṣe·lem bə·ṣal·mōw,

Before it's translated into English grammar: them he created and female male them he created of God in the image in His own image.

Chapter 1, verse 27: And God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.

Now let's look at three key words used here: elohim, beselem, and besalmow. Elohim was a descriptive name given for God which means "one who holds dominion". Beselem means "a representation of". Besalmow means "a representation of the aforementioned". Now what does this mean? What it means is that what we are a representation of is explicitly what elohim is a descriptor of. Because we as a species have dominion over our environment, that makes us moral actors.
We all look different but yet are supposed to be gods image and yet were are descendants of apes and shared a common ancestor with them if this is the case then god is an ape if he exists that is which is highly unlikely.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 4:11 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Lukecash12 wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Lukecash12 wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
andrethemoogle wrote:
Otaku to be fair, you're listing Youtube videos and militant atheist websites, so I wouldn't say they are the most credible.

Seriously dude, just deal with the fact that some people believe in God and others like yourself don't. It's not a hard concept, it's called understanding and not judging or making fun of someone for that.
Im not making fun of the people just the entire concept of some magical man with a beard in the sky whos invisible because hes chickenshit and scared to show himself and not leaving any traces of his existence as well as skyfairies who also seem imaginary, its all made up its a religion and not reality a religion made up from other religions which died out.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCo6BVPGDh0[/youtube]

Literally none of those things pertain to what the vast majority of Christians believe. The Christian religion has nothing to do with a bearded sky daddy, fairies, or God being invisible. Projection my friend, projection.
If all people were created in his image then howcome he allowed people with disabilities to be born and some horribly deformed if that's the case then god has a deformed face.

1. וַיִּבְרָא אֱלֹהִים אֶת-הָאָדָם בְּצַלְמוֹ, בְּצֶלֶם אֱלֹהִים בָּרָא אֹתוֹ: זָכָר וּנְקֵבָה, בָּרָא אֹתָם.

Before it's translated into English grammar: them he created and female male them he created of God in the image in His own image.

Chapter 1, verse 27: And God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.

Now let's look at three key words used here: elohim, beselem, and besalmow. Elohim was a descriptive name given for God which means "one who holds dominion". Beselem means "a representation of". Besalmow means "a representation of the aforementioned". Now what does this mean? What it means is that what we are a representation of is explicitly what elohim is a descriptor of. Because we as a species have dominion over our environment, that makes us moral actors.
We all look different but yet are supposed to be gods image and yet were are descendants of apes and shared a common ancestor with them if this is the case then god is an ape if he exists that is which is highly unlikely.

Did you pay any attention at all to what I posted there? I just established that given proper knowledge of the Hebrew language it isn't even talking about how we look. Seriously dude, just admit you're a troll who isn't interested in actually discussing something, or try addressing the points that people make. No one buys your BS when you make posts like that, they can probably read, so that means that they can probably tell that I wasn't talking about how people look. You can probably read too, so you either look like you're pretty dishonest, like you barely even read the post, or like you have issues in reading comprehension, if you think that's what I was talking about.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 7:22 pm

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 8:10 pm

I am a God

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 8:41 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I am a God
*gasp* *hides*

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 9:52 pm

As Rev. Ann Davies would have said - I think like a God, I act like a God, for I am the offspring of a God.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 10:07 pm

And yes the distinction is A instead of THE, as a child of GOD is A CHILD OF GOD, not THE CHILD OF GOD.

And people can certainly STRAY, WITH LANGUAGE, CULTURE AND OR RELIGION AS THEIR LEADER, INSTEAD OF GOD LIVING AS ONE INSIDE THEM OUTSIDE THEM SO ABOVE SO BELOW AGAIN AS ONE.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 10:55 pm

I might not have nailed the third part of that perfectly so I'll have to check again in a few months to see of that dismount was correct. It's part of the vibratory attunement ceremony if I remember correctly and the suggestion really is to our state of evolved consciousness - more to our being 'centers of expression for the Primal Will to Good which eternally creates and sustains the Universe' (Pattern on the Trestleboard verse 1).

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 11:22 pm

YES, i think even science now is starting to finally understand through studies like the new ones per Bonobos, that genetically that is our natural way of being centered in expression AS primal WILL for Good, when unadulterated by the standard intelligence of language and culture and instead following instinct and intuition for connection toward the greater good...:)

I've always felt like that was the natural way to me, but perhaps it's easier to see when others make one an outcast and one is still loved by core of family, pets, and can see that love does exist from the time one is born, in trust of love and nature as making sense in that instinctual and intuitive way of knowing trust and faith in all that is.... where no one even cares to share lies from the 'greater' herd down darker paths of life.....AND hope still lives....as love.....

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 12:43 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHxuA8ZNvlU[/youtube]

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 4:44 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
As Rev. Ann Davies would have said - I think like a God, I act like a God, for I am the offspring of a God.

"As we are now, god once was. As god is now, we may become"

I think they mean we're all gonna die.

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 4:36 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:

Oh my, another copout? Thanks for making it clear beyond a doubt now.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 9:24 pm

Lukecash12 wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

No copout there is no god its all make believe you can challenge National Geographic or Stephen Hawking but you will lose, god is made up along with other gods you are wasting your time in an imaginary friend, you have been conned by a con artist who made this all up many many years and wasted your life. Religion is pointless and useless as well as primitive the logic is flawed and reasoning is another bane to it all in order to be a devote follower to a god you must give up al your free will and allow yourself to be controlled by some imaginary being that does not exist its all a waste and a joke, im not trolling thats how i see it and i do not care, I prefer to be independant and in control of me. I am free I have free will and if god is real he has no control of me, if he expects me to do what he wants he can go piss off, free will is his failure anyway hence god is not perfect and is flawed with insecurity issues if he is real! If your real whcih I doubt I say piss off God your a loser and a failure with insecurity issues with no intelligence at all, I laugh at you!Hawaiins stil believe their volcanoses are gods but science has dismissed their so called volcanic gods as mearly volcanoes acing accordingly to geolic activity acting acordingly and are no more than just volcanoes over a hot spot!

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 12:50 am

God isn't real and quoting the bible isn't going to get you anywhere why should we care what Romans says? There is no god there is no proof for a god to exist and there never will be and the no proof he doesnt exist is a bigger copout those god explainations are shrinking at an alarming rate my friend and as the years go by church attendance has also dropped it is all a waste of time and people are wising up and not falling for the snake oil con artist who says there is a god anymore.

Lukecash12 wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

http://americanhumanist.org/HNN/details/2012-04-the-state-of-religion-declining-belief-in-god-worldw This is reality religion is on the decline...there is no god and if there is he is failing!

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

26 Nov 2014, 5:35 pm

Lukecash12 wrote:

I've never been able to read Hebrew without risking tearing out my vocal chords.

Quote:
Poor argument. The meaning of "Elohim," to the ancient Hebrews, had a meaning relatively close to that of Ba'al, the key term being embodied in the lamedh. However, where Ba'al refers to a "house god," which is what the bet really refers to, aleph suggests a reference to a personal god, particularly one associated with comfort and familiarity.

Therefore "El" would simply mean "My kindly lord."

Mem refers to a body of water, theoretically.

The yodh serves as a prefix to the mem, modifying it to the third-person singular. This suggests that "My kindly lord" is not composed of water but does something "with" water.

Assuming we understand he to mean "that" or something similar, we could render the translation of it thus possibly:

"My kindly lord that rules over water."

Which tends to support my own view that this tale might have been descended from an ancient ruler who engineered an irrigation system that was relatively advanced for the time.

This is also what makes the linkage of Enki with El Shaddai so plausible, since Enki is also a god tied to water and has similar myths associated with him. It's all postulation and guesswork, but it's a step up from wanking, I figure.

Naturalist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Nov 2014, 5:55 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I think God exists as a philosophical concept. This concept is essential to some people's survival. This is why I don't argue existence/nonexistence too vociferously.

Ditto the above. Technically you cannot argue that God / gods do not exist, since at the very least they exist as cultural constructs. Says the not-religiously-inclined anthropologist employed by an evolutionary biologist.

From an evolutionary perspective, positive thinking is a psychological asset which aids in survival. For some individuals, religion / faith is a framework for constructing positive thought patterns. So it does serve a purpose, else it would never have been brought to existence in the first place. (Sorry Dawkins, I am with E. O. Wilson on this one.)