Page 1 of 15 [ 226 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 12:55 am

Lets face it god does not exist nor does any god exist these are primitive explainations used to explain what science logic and realization of reality could not until now! Lets face it there is no such thing as a god you are wasting your time and allowing yourself to be a thrall to a made up concept! Hence religion is useless worthless and a waste of time! You are not free with religion but willlfully allowing yourself to be a slave to a make believe belief! Free yourself and be an athiest! There is no god and science has proven it he is make believe!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 6:31 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Lets face it god does not exist nor does any god exist these are primitive explainations used to explain what science logic and realization of reality could not until now! Lets face it there is no such thing as a god you are wasting your time and allowing yourself to be a thrall to a made up concept! Hence religion is useless worthless and a waste of time! You are not free with religion but willlfully allowing yourself to be a slave to a make believe belief! Free yourself and be an athiest! There is no god and science has proven it he is make believe!

Would you like to participate in an actual debate or would you like to pontificate to us?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 9:17 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
... god does not exist nor does any god exist ...

Evidence, please?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 11:49 am

Sadly enough, @online, but never in the real world, I find that atheist leaning folks, are not that much different than the street corner preachers yelling at me to get saved or else, and those pamphlets on the urinals where people who are so-called concerned about my soul, threaten me with an eternity of burning hell, if I do not say their magic John 3:16 incantation, developed by the early religious leaders to subjugate and control the herd, with fear.

Truly I pay neither any real attention.

As GOD to me is the GOD of Mother nature true, that lives within me, outside of me, as above so below, with the same patterns of existence everywHere one looks with ONE that IS ALL aka GOD.

To me, I often personally see, both atheists and fundamentalist religious folks as one and same of the literally thinking mind, that sees no deeper often than eyes or ears.

I believe. I have faith. I have trust, in ALL THAT IS, AND I HAVE HOPE!

AND that's ALL I need to continue to move mountains, yes, metaphorical mountains, in my life, at least.

I Go for THE REAL LIFE results, and I evidence THAT everywHere I go.

Neither the literal myths of atheists or fundamentalist religious folks, IS SOMETHING I personAlly adHERE to.

Here or tHere in REAL LIFE either.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Nov 2014, 12:15 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:

Prove that God doesn't exist. Where is your proof? Also Science doesn't disprove God. If anything it compliments.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 12:23 pm

I wonder if Giant Tube Worms, Riftia pachyptila, discuss amongst themselves the lack of evidence they have for the existence of man?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 12:33 pm

^^

Nah, from what I personally see, humans are the only animals 'smart' enough to spend their time denying the obvious ALL around them.

Amazing how culture can blind a human being, both in religious and anti-religous way, at least to me, as I see with eyes wide open.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 12:43 pm

aghogday wrote:
^^

Nah, from what I personally see, humans are the only animals 'smart' enough to spend their time denying the obvious ALL around them.

Amazing how culture can blind a human being, both in religious and anti-religous way, at least to me, as I see with eyes wide open.

Whilst your comment is true, that wasn't the purpose of mine.

My point being that the environment the Giant Tube Worm inhabits, and its intellect in comparison to man is multiply times less than the difference between the worlds of gods and man, never mind the difference in intellect, yet IF the Giant Tube Worm were to have such a debate in a hypothetical sense, how easy would it be for them too "Prove" man doesn't exist?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 1:05 pm

Nambo wrote:
aghogday wrote:
^^

Whilst your comment is true, that wasn't the purpose of mine.

My point being that the environment the Giant Tube Worm inhabits, and its intellect in comparison to man is multiply times less than the difference between the worlds of gods and man, never mind the difference in intellect, yet IF the Giant Tube Worm were to have such a debate in a hypothetical sense, how easy would it be for them too "Prove" man doesn't exist?

I think the key is neither the Giant Tube Worm or man can see, respectively as such, man or GOD as anything, respectively as such, but Giant Tube Worm or man.

It's hard enough for some men to see women and some women to see men as anything other than polar gender opposites.

And a big part of that is due to intellect, culture, and originally complex language.

The flea makes his living off the dog, but need not know his master, but never the less, without the master there is no flea.

So using that as metaphor, atheists in this metaphorical way are fleas, as well as folks who try to put chains on dogs, as fleas or men living on GOD, fundamentalist Christians as well, who amusingly try to put chains on GOD.

And yes, your metaphor makes complete sense to me, as it's hard to prove the existence OR NON-EXISTENCE of something one cannot see.

Humans while often handicapped by intellect, culture, religions, and complex language, are special in this way, as they do have some ability to see deeper into truth than other animals do, it certainly seems.

And the truth and GOD are one and same to me, as well;) as Mother Nature True..2.:)

But more than likely all of this is gibberish to the 'typical' atheist walking the street, as the inability to see deeper than the literal in life, is truly, in my opinion, the inability to see GOD2.

So yes, in this way it is a self-fulfilling prophecy to NOT SEE GOD, wHere change is possible, but impossible withOUT change in attitude of emotions like belief, faith and hope, to forget an old path OR WAY, and FORGE a new path AND WAY to greater enlightenment as full human being, with all intelligences, including physical, emotional, and existential intelligence fully released and at play IN SEEKING RATHER THAN full STOP.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 3:02 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

Prove that God doesn't exist. Where is your proof? Also Science doesn't disprove God. If anything it compliments.

The physical sciences have nothing to say, pro or con about the supernatural.

ruveyn

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 3:24 am

Nambo wrote:
I wonder if Giant Tube Worms, Riftia pachyptila, discuss amongst themselves the lack of evidence they have for the existence of man?

You ever heard of an agnostic, dyslexic insomniac? It's someone who stays up all night wondering if there really is a dog.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 11:18 am

Fnord wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
... god does not exist nor does any god exist ...

Evidence, please?
http://godisimaginary.com/ :D

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 11:22 am

I think God exists as a philosophical concept. This concept is essential to some people's survival. This is why I don't argue existence/nonexistence too vociferously.

2cat007
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Nov 2014, 2:04 pm

I believe that theres a chance a god could exist, but besides that I mostly believe in science.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 6:08 pm

As a staunch materialist I find the idea of 'god' to be silly...

...that said, science can't disprove 'god' anymore than one can prove I don't have a magical Nissan Bluebird in my garage.
You can't prove a negative. You can only fail to find evidence to support a positive.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

BritAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Nov 2014, 7:58 pm

There's no definitive proof either way and I don't think they'll be a single ultimate answer ever even if we become the masters of the universe (e.g able to bend the fabric of time and space) because when one side finds evidence supporting their theory the other side will find evidence supporting their theory and the cycle goes on for all eternity.

But one thing I hate is self-righteous people (religious zealots who think we'll go to hell for not going to church and pompous atheists who think that they're superior to people with religion and that we're ret*d).