Page 6 of 9 [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 11:38 am

Misslizard wrote:
Yes,I feel nice and refreshed this morning,after I spun my head around a couple of times I got that nasty crick out of it.

Ummm.....

You skipped the part where both you and Blabby have a cigarette!

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Nov 2014, 3:59 pm

So I tried the relationship calculator...

Here are the possible relationships suggested:
- Stable, with friendship slowly replacing love
- Getting on well at meeting, then growing drastically apart
- Passionate love at first sight that burns out
- "Favourable union of minds - speak to each other about things they don't speak about with others"
- An ideal couple

Frankly, doesn't one of those describe nearly every romantic relationship?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 4:20 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
So I tried the relationship calculator...

Here are the possible relationships suggested:
- Stable, with friendship slowly replacing love
- Getting on well at meeting, then growing drastically apart
- Passionate love at first sight that burns out
- "Favourable union of minds - speak to each other about things they don't speak about with others"
- An ideal couple

Frankly, doesn't one of those describe nearly every romantic relationship?

The more open-ended your prediction, the easier it is to later claim that the prediction was fulfilled.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 5:39 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Yes,I feel nice and refreshed this morning,after I spun my head around a couple of times I got that nasty crick out of it.

Ummm.....

You skipped the part where both you and Blabby have a cigarette!

I don't smoke.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 8:52 am

^I do,so I'll smoke one for Blabby.An organic full flavored.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 4:04 pm

Misslizard wrote:
^I do,so I'll smoke one for Blabby.An organic full flavored.

is that anything like Gauloises? [those French stinky things]

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 8:40 am

^i have no idea,these are just regular tobacco with no additives.Im sure they stink if you don't smoke.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 11:06 am

when i was a teenager, i looked into 2 aspects of astrology and i found them potentially useful as a metal framework within which to perceive things.
the first aspect was the "earth air fire and water" aspect, and the second was the "cardinal fixed and mutable" aspect.
i thought it was nifty to try and explore ideas using those 2 "slide rules" of notion.

first, i thought that "earth" was another name (in this instance) for matter, and that "air" was another name for spacial existential possibility, and that "fire" was another name for the energy that drives the process of the universe, and that "water" was the laws of physics that governed the flow of existential evolution.

on the other slide rule, "cardinal" means "creating" (roughly), and "fixed" means "preserved" and "mutable" means "destruction".

i tried to think of all 12 aspects of reality using the filter of those 2 mental "slide rules", but it occurred to me that matter is equal to energy, and so the whole thing fell apart.

i never believed any predictions could be made using astrology at any time.

Valerieez
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Apr 2015, 2:01 pm

Yes finally a place here with believers. This site use to have like really enlightening stuff http://www.astrologyjunction.com/

Anyway I do think that self belief cures all forms of diseases and astrology is a great think to just be aware of things ahead of time :heart: :P :lol:
Any Scorpios here?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 2:03 pm

Valerieez wrote:
Yes finally a place here with believers. This site use to have like really enlightening stuff http://www.astrologyjunction.com/

Anyway I do think that self belief cures all forms of diseases and astrology is a great think to just be aware of things ahead of time :heart: :P :lol:
Any Scorpios here?

my rising sign is scorpio with Neptune and mercury in house. I need to pay more attention to my transits. btw, welcome to our club :)

Last edited by auntblabby on 17 Apr 2015, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Apr 2015, 2:03 pm

I'm a Sagittarius, the only sign of the Zodiac with a black hole(that we know of). Even if other signs have them, Sagittarius has the closest SUPERMASSIVE black hole to Earth and that makes it pretty unique. 8)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 2:06 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
I'm a Sagittarius, the only sign of the Zodiac with a black hole(that we know of). Even if other signs have them, Sagittarius has the closest SUPERMASSIVE black hole to Earth and that makes it pretty unique. 8)

am one also, though some might say I was really an ophiuchus as I was born early in the Sagittarius month. can you tell me what quality would you say the black hole adds to Sagittarius?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 2:28 pm

It give you gravity (gravitas)!

Lol!

But it might cause you to be a bit warped.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 2:30 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
It give you gravity (gravitas)! Lol! But it might cause you to be a bit warped.

facetiousness aside, you bring up a good point in that Sagittarius has its dark and heavy side, I am sure.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 2:40 pm

Acupuncture is ancient psuedo-science that doesn't work, either.:study:

Doh! :wall:

Well, then, we must have empirical evidence to prove why it works, not just mumbo-jumbo about barely discernible bioelectrical fields and interconnected pressure points, right? :chin:

DeRp.
This can't be - western science knows everything and is always right. Ancient belief systems are all anti-intellectual superstition. There is nothing useful or important in the universe that modern technologically civilized humans don't already know. :rambo:

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Apr 2015, 3:47 pm

will@rd wrote:
Acupuncture is ancient psuedo-science that doesn't work, either.:study:

Doh! :wall:

Well, then, we must have empirical evidence to prove why it works, not just mumbo-jumbo about barely discernible bioelectrical fields and interconnected pressure points, right? :chin:

DeRp.
This can't be - western science knows everything and is always right. Ancient belief systems are all anti-intellectual superstition. There is nothing useful or important in the universe that modern technologically civilized humans don't already know. :rambo:

This seems to be a post lacking in any coherent argument, and either resorting to straw man arguments or degenerating into non-sequiturs.

Never mind that we don't know how acupuncture could possibly work - we know it doesn't.