Page 1 of 9 [ 133 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 9:52 am

With astrology you can predict what the relationship between 2 people will be like:
http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/comp2f
You just need their birthdays.

I have done hundreds of such comparisons using this website and it always predicts the nature of the relationship accurately.

It can also tell you what your personality is like:
http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal

If you know your time of birth you get a lot of extra info.

I usually get a backlash of people who have seen Penn and Tellers Bull**** episode on astrology but they didn't test it properly.

They mentioned a study where people were surveyed as to what career they had and they compared it to the wrong part of the person's chart, that is just one error they made.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 10:23 am

Astrology has no relevance to understanding ourselves or our place in the cosmos. Modern advocates of astrology cannot account for the underlying basis of astrological associations with terrestrial affairs, have no plausible explanation for its claims, and have not contributed anything of cognitive value to any field of the social sciences.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 10:36 am

I don't know whatever I believe it or not. But...
So far I dated only 3 boys. All of them asked me out by themselves and they were stubborn enough to wait till I agree. I am not easy to like someone enough to date them.

Those are their birthdates(I didn't know about that before I started dating them so it was not my conscious choice):
4 April 1990 = 4+4+1+9+9+0=27=2+7=9
5 April 1989 = 5+4+1+9+8+9=36=3+6=9
6 April 1988 = 6+4+1+9+8+8=36=3+6=9
My brithdate:
26 November 1988 =2+6+1+1+1+9+8+8=36=3+6=9

Coincidence? I wonder...

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 1:16 pm

Cool. I believe in divining the future from the writhing death throes of an animal sacrifice.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 1:29 pm

I'd like my future told. Tarot card readers always give really fuzzy readings, and horoscopes apply to most people, or nobody at all.

There's so much fraud around it's no wonder people get so sceptical. I don't believe in astrology or the psychics you see. I very much believe in spirits though.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 1:38 pm

Im a Libra [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2jMNUfqH38[/youtube] I used be in relationship and want to be in love but not anymore now all the only relationships for me are casual ones.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Nov 2014, 1:48 pm

With maybe the sole exception of a gamma ray burst (which is a known astronomical phenomena with scientific basis), the goings-on of remote orbs of burning plasma have no discernible effect on a human's life.

If it were the case, then why isn't it being used to make useful and accurate predictions about observable reality?

Quote:
So far I dated only 3 boys. All of them asked me out by themselves and they were stubborn enough to wait till I agree. I am not easy to like someone enough to date them.

Coincidence? I wonder...

So what? There are only nine non-zero digits in the Arabic numeral system. Any two people at random have a 1/9 chance of having coincidental sums in their birthday digits -- whatever the significance of that is supposed to be.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 1:55 pm

I'm a unicorn.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 2:00 pm

^ And that's another thing - how do you know they aren't? If anyone did ever find out how to make predictions and how to read and influence everybody telepathically, through scientific research and whathaveyou - why would they tell anyone?

drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Nov 2014, 2:14 pm

smudge wrote:
^ And that's another thing - how do you know they aren't? If anyone did ever find out how to make predictions and how to read and influence everybody telepathically, through scientific research and whathaveyou - why would they tell anyone?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The burden of proof is on those making positive claims.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 2:24 pm

You've missed the point. I asked - why would they tell anyone? Why would you tell anyone if you held an amazing skill/gift like that? People would be after you, or if it was a higher authority such as the Government who discovered it - they would use that knowledge for their own interests, like controlling the public or fighting the enemy. I'm sure they don't give a hoot on proving their knowledge of those skills, that would be stupid.

drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Nov 2014, 2:27 pm

Then we're in the realm of speculation and science-fiction, not discussion of whether or not something is real.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 2:39 pm

:?

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 2:49 pm

Multicorn...

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 2:51 pm

Kiriae wrote:

Those are their birthdates(I didn't know about that before I started dating them so it was not my conscious choice):
4 April 1990 = 4+4+1+9+9+0=27=2+7=9
5 April 1989 = 5+4+1+9+8+9=36=3+6=9
6 April 1988 = 6+4+1+9+8+8=36=3+6=9
My brithdate:
26 November 1988 =2+6+1+1+1+9+8+8=36=3+6=9

Coincidence? I wonder...

The fact that the people you dated are all Aries is something.

You are a Sagittarian.
Astrology says Aries is compatible with Sagittarius!

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 3:04 pm

Interesting how some human beings separate their emotions from the natural world, as well as their interpersonal relationships with others.

All human beings are made of star stuff and are the cosmos unto itself per paraphrase of Carl Sagan Wisdom.

The patterns of fractals in nature seen throughout from the Golden Spiral mean of Galaxies, Tornados, and Nautilus shells equate out to 1.618.

The veins in our body are patterned like the rivers that lead to oceans and the same patterns are seen throughout the cosmos as well.

Science has only recently gained an eye sharp enough to see the SCIENCE BEHIND THESE REALITIES OF ONE LIFE WE LIVE WITH THE UNIVERSE AS WHOLE.

FUNNY, YES FUNNY HOW SOME FOLKS SUGGEST THAT THE COSMOS DOES NOT AFFECT THEIR PERSONALITY.

IT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR LIFE.

IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

Now as to why Astrology does work better than coincidence, there is synchronicity in life, that flows when emotions are in full swing, but for those who repress their emotions like rivers that no longer make it to the ocean, the result is plain to see, for those who see deeper than eyes alone.

It's why poetry works so well to express Universal truth, it describes emotion and emotion is what motivates us to live, again, it is as simple as that, once again it is, for those who can see below as well as above, and inside as well as outside their limited view of eye.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBQalkIeE7s[/youtube]

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick