Nigel Farage caught admitting he would privatise NHS

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 10:34 am

UKIP is committed to keeping the NHS free at the point of delivery. Indeed, that was a major point of the UKIP North West conference thast I attended the other week.

See here:

http://www.ukip.org/labour_s_endless_li ... esperation

By the way: the Guardian used my recordings without asking me! Cheeky gits!

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 1:49 am

Humanaut wrote:
You were supposed to give some examples of countries where commodifying essential services that are necessary to sustain life leads to a scenario where people are suffering and dying because of preventable causes. I don't see the point of this thread all the time Farage doesn't want to privatise the NHS, the US is a welfare state, and a simple Google search reveals an incredible amount of cracks where you claim there are none.

I already gave you examples of people being refused treatment in the USA in the previous links. Either you didn't see them or flat out ignored them and didn't bother to click them.

No, i never claimed the system in the UK is perfect either. However there is far from adequate funding going into it.

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 1:50 am

Tequila wrote:
UKIP is committed to keeping the NHS free at the point of delivery. Indeed, that was a major point of the UKIP North West conference thast I attended the other week.!

Are you the official UKIP spin doctor, T?

I would prefer to hear it from Mr Farage's lips first.

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 1:53 am

The_fire_rises wrote:

that's your personal opinion. there is nothing wrong with being anti any of those things they are very valid positions to take. taking in foreingers takes in foreign stupidity and negative cultures, and europeon union destroys the rights of the countries in it, not sure what nhs is but you can't just throw out accusations instead of actually debating the other side in good faith that makes you part of the problem. I'm very pro-ukip personally.

:roll:
I know this guy cant reply but... ...holy god... ...he's gotta be trolling. Theres no way anyone could be so stupid and have the cognitive functions to not forget to breathe.

My deviant art profile

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 3:32 am

thomas81 wrote:
Tequila wrote:
UKIP is committed to keeping the NHS free at the point of delivery. Indeed, that was a major point of the UKIP North West conference thast I attended the other week.!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yFSe_ibTHM[/youtube]

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Nov 2014, 6:43 am

thomas81 wrote:
Tequila wrote:

I already posted Farage saying basically what Tequila said. Farage himself would like to privatise the NHS but other senior party members blocked it.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 6:58 am

So, Farage isn't a nazi after all. That explains his support for Israel.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 12:12 pm

Humanaut wrote:
So, Farage isn't a nazi after all. That explains his support for Israel.

Implying that being a nazi and being pro-Israel excludes each other.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Defense_League

My deviant art profile

King_oni
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Nov 2014, 12:58 pm

Privatize public healthcare? As a dutchman I'll only say "take a look at dutch healthcare and see how well that panned out".

What an utter mess...

merrymadscientist
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 5:41 pm

I've been studying health economics. Free markets fail when it comes to health because in order to work they require many assumptions that are not fulfilled in health. Some of these include imperfect information (free markets assume that consumers have perfect information as to how utility can be maximised, but health is so complex and uncertain that people don't have this information even if they are medically trained - how do you know when you might become ill?), lack of externalities (free markets assume that people maximise their own utility, but efficency assumptions do not hold if benefits accrue to other people e.g. vaccinations benefit the whole population not just the people having them) and the rarity of perfect competition (which according to economic theory is the only efficient mechanism for maximising utility, yet just doesn't work in healthcare because of the need for quality controls, patents to cover the costs of drug development and the huge role that non-profit organisations hold due to the feeling that most people have that healthcare should be available regardless of means).

It is sad to see people swayed by the free market ideology when it comes to health - if only they had studied health economics to any extent (rather than just pure economics) they would realise how poorly health fits into the traditional neoliberal framework. The NHS is underfunded to an extent, but it is more efficient than other health services in the developed world and does not need radical change. Incremental improvements based on scientific methods should be sufficient to keep pace with increasing demands. We do not need huge reorganisations based on inaccurate ideologies. Neoliberal economics is a beautiful theory, but it so rarely actually works in practice, and to base the running of public services on such a theoretical background is quite frankly bizarre.