Why the Ancient Alien Theory could be possible.

Page 6 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

23 Nov 2014, 10:34 pm

I am going do dare to be really wrong. Because I can with the whole alien thingy. The idea is out there that everything in the universe is made of the same stuff. The elements of your invironment make you what you are. Remaining outside your natural elements either promotes change, or death. If there is aleins? Alien what? From where? Here is all that works because that is where you are. If you think there are aliens from other planets, or realms, the only way they could get here without dying, is in a very short amount of time, which probably is not going to happen in any kind of solid mechanical three dimentional vessel light speed space ship thingy, I don't think. The aliens would need to pre-exist in an environment the same as ours, or they would die. Unless quantum mechanics/physics come into play. The mind and conciensness being probably thousands of times faster than the speed of light, and two dimensional. Like a flat piece of paper. finding it, taking a view to it, and obtaining substance like putting on a suit.

It is far fetched, but so is everything else. Quantum physics pritty much proves that there really is no matter or substance unless you measure or view it. What you see and do is really just a bunch of empty space. It is made different because your you.

Can't wait to see what kind of waisted energy is going to get put into this weird, and strange statement. 8O

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2014, 4:26 pm

As far as we can tell by examining what little we can observe beyond our own planet, it would take an organism with a sophisticated CNS before space travel would be even possible so we can assume that wherever such a creature evolved, it would be somewhat similar to earth as far as temperature and atmosphere. Face it, animals and bacteria have existed in the oceans for millions of years but, as far as we know, they never evolved into the type of creature that would explore space and even humans seem like a fluke on the earthscape so we can guess life similar to us is more rare than life similar to simple bacteria.

Then, the organism would need to replicate its space travel environment to that of it's mother world or simply evolve over millions of years, into what, I don't know, which really makes one wonder what they would evolve in to and are they here now, we just don't know it?

So yes it would be an extraordinary event, seeing these unfamiliar entities here on earth. Whether it has happened before, no one can know for certain. We also do not know if it will happen in the future or what our species will be like in a million years if it does indeed make it into space.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 1:30 am

If you haven't already seen it the movie 'Interstellar' takes the approach that 'they' are us.

I won't say anything else to avoid being a spoiler for the movie plot.

But it is relative, most definitely relative to this discussion in more than one way..:)

And the movie also stays well within the guidelines of science, overall, as well.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 8:27 am

I've wanted to see it, Aghogday, just haven't yet. Better hurry because it is probably not going to be in the theaters much longer.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 3:48 pm

Quote:
...not going to happen in any kind of solid mechanical three dimentional vessel light speed space ship thingy...

I'm not formally qualified to speak on the subject, but it's a speculative line of discussion, afterall.

Theoretical ways to circumvent the lightspeed paradox:
-- Quanta may exist in more than one place, simultaneously, so that pairing, distance, or curvature in the Ether give the appearance of a particle or wave. It may not be moving at an insurmountable speed.
-- Parallel dimensions of different frequency.
-- Inner Earth

The conventional sciences accuse religious people of positing a flying spaghetti monster, lying just beyond the reach of our physical senses, yet the materialists speak in terms of incomprehensible spaces and timespans, making it impossible to falsify their constructs.

For instance --
A long time ago, in galaxy far, far away... (Are your critical faculties disengaged yet? This reads like a hypnotic induction.)

But, what if the answer is close and knowable.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 5:30 pm

They are us but more advanced with bigger brains
http://hiddenincatours.com/elongated-sk ... eir-world/

The royals had the real big skulls but the normal people did head binding to try to resemble them.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 5:37 pm

They were thorough, to make note of the abnormal capacity and number of sutures, but, were apparently less-than-thorough, not to have them genetically tested.

I would like to know more about their forebears and descendants, if any.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 6:08 pm

Just saw Interstellar yesterday and WOW what an experience it was! For one thing, the movie is three hours long and I admit I almost fell asleep a couple times when the crew of scientists and pilot first left Earth and entered Endurance. The movie had a little bit of lag to it and it was long but the soundtrack was something else and it was really interesting in parts. Made me wonder how much of it is possible and what we can experience through other dimensions. Since no one knows what's inside a black hole, who knows what lies in other dimensions we somehow create without knowing?

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 7:24 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Just saw Interstellar yesterday and WOW what an experience it was! For one thing, the movie is three hours long and I admit I almost fell asleep a couple times when the crew of scientists and pilot first left Earth and entered Endurance. The movie had a little bit of lag to it and it was long but the soundtrack was something else and it was really interesting in parts. Made me wonder how much of it is possible and what we can experience through other dimensions. Since no one knows what's inside a black hole, who knows what lies in other dimensions we somehow create without knowing?

I read some theory that everything in a black hole is actually two dimensional. It is all stuck to the outside layer of it, like a picture. That is why everything in it is black. Some holographic thing. Like looking at a hologram. It looks 3d, but it's missing something, so it is only 2d.

Holographic universe stuff on utube too. Some of it is too far fetched I think though :shrug:

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 7:47 pm

Quote:

Theory? What theory?

That isn't a theory? I wouldn't even give it the dignity of being termed a conjecture.

Maybe a hallucination. Certainly not a theory.

I really hate the way people who have no scientific understanding or background misuse the term "theory". A "theory" is not the same as "I thought up something bizarre and it could have happened". It isn't even close.

A "theory" requires overwhelming support from the evidence to be worthy of the term. It has to be far more likely to be substantially correct than to be wrong. It is not a synonym for "clueless imagination".

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 10:23 pm

eric76 wrote:
Quote:

Theory? What theory?

That isn't a theory? I wouldn't even give it the dignity of being termed a conjecture.

Maybe a hallucination. Certainly not a theory.

I really hate the way people who have no scientific understanding or background misuse the term "theory". A "theory" is not the same as "I thought up something bizarre and it could have happened". It isn't even close.

A "theory" requires overwhelming support from the evidence to be worthy of the term. It has to be far more likely to be substantially correct than to be wrong. It is not a synonym for "clueless imagination".

They won't let me edit my post. I was going to change the word theory for "somebody thought up something bazzare, that may be true." Just for you. :)

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 1:42 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Ha-ha, I have to admit I fell asleep a few times too, as it was very long, but very thought provoking indeed, it was, by the end. :)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 1:18 am

aghogday wrote:
Ha-ha, I have to admit I fell asleep a few times too, as it was very long, but very thought provoking indeed, it was, by the end. :)

A black hole's gravity is so intense it can reduce matter into atoms that cannot be seen but have a lot of mass.