Why the Ancient Alien Theory could be possible.

Page 3 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 8:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I'm an alien

I swear I have not heard from you for light years! Where have you been?

Hobbling around on a cane.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 12:14 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I'm an alien

What happened? Are you okay?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 12:49 am

She crashed her vehicle at Rosewell!

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 4:51 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I'm an alien

I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. My legs don't work properly a lot of the time. However, I just got a shot for pain management yesterday and things seem to be looking up.

I'm hopeful, anyway. :o

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 4:53 am

naturalplastic wrote:

No, that was my great uncle. Rumor has it he had a thing for whiskey and liked to scare the locals after he'd been drinking.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 6:02 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I'm an alien

I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. My legs don't work properly a lot of the time. However, I just got a shot for pain management yesterday and things seem to be looking up.

I'm hopeful, anyway. :o

Well, I think I can speak for all of WP by hoping you get better.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 6:10 am

Good to see you back, and improving.

Humans do not have much history.

There is a potential for more, but you have to wait.

Flood stories, over the last 30,000 years have been two waves of ice, the first lowered sea level 330 foot, the second 450 foot, then the ice melted. It was not slow and even, one summer the sea rose 60 foot. Where I live that would put me 55 foot under.

Also when the ice melted it did so from the top, forming lakes, several miles up, and when they broke loose, Lake Agazzi forming the scablands, as it flowed to the sea. This happened all over.

A second cause, God throws rocks. It seems on a 26,000 year cycle. when things like Barringer Crater in Arizona, another in India, but the odds are four out of five hit the ocean.

The last ice age seems to have ended after a strike in Mauitania, a crater equal to Barrigner, but there is a marine deposit all along the Atlantic Coast going way up into the mountains. It would take a wave several miles high to reach that far. We might find out, it has been 26,000 years.

People like the beach, and 450 foot down was the old beach. The most recent flood started 20,000 years ago. By 10,000 it had reached almost current levels. Durning this time is when the Egyptians told Salon that The Gods came from the west. 15,500 years ago. They were a skilled people. They brought writing, and some engraved stone tablets have been brought up in fishing nets.

So wait for the next ice age and go look.

A minor hundred foot wave would run right over Florida, and most of the east coast population is right along the beach. It can all be gone in an hour.

When Mount Thera blew up, the wave reached 600 foot along the shores of the eastern Med. It flooded the Nile Delta. 1543 BC.

Geologic Time does seem slow to short lived species, but it keeps on ticking.

It is also time for the New Madrid Quake, which is huge and regular. The last time from the Mississippi river it rang church bells in Washington and Boston.

The West Coast is just Doomed!

These Survivor Guilt stories about the good people being warned and told to build a Winnabago are just lies to tell the children, why you lived when millions died.

Blind luck has a lot more to do with it than Darwin.

Humans are also filthy, and Plague Farms waiting to happen. The Plague of Justinian killed a third of the people on earth.

H. G. Wells had it right, aliens would be killed by the common cold.

Have you noticed that big rocks lighting up the sky are becoming more common?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 6:22 am

^^^
If you're referring to the story of Atlantis told to Solon by the Egyptians, then it should be pointed out that Solon had misunderstood the Egyptians about the passage of time since the catastrophic end of Atlantis. Rather than 15,500 years before, it was much more likely that Atlantis was a Minoan city destroyed by the volcanic blast at Thera in the late Bronze Age.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 6:52 am

Inventor wrote:
Good to see you back, and improving.

Humans do not have much history.

There is a potential for more, but you have to wait.

Flood stories, over the last 30,000 years have been two waves of ice, the first lowered sea level 330 foot, the second 450 foot, then the ice melted. It was not slow and even, one summer the sea rose 60 foot. Where I live that would put me 55 foot under.

Also when the ice melted it did so from the top, forming lakes, several miles up, and when they broke loose, Lake Agazzi forming the scablands, as it flowed to the sea. This happened all over.

A second cause, God throws rocks. It seems on a 26,000 year cycle. when things like Barringer Crater in Arizona, another in India, but the odds are four out of five hit the ocean.

The last ice age seems to have ended after a strike in Mauitania, a crater equal to Barrigner, but there is a marine deposit all along the Atlantic Coast going way up into the mountains. It would take a wave several miles high to reach that far. We might find out, it has been 26,000 years.

People like the beach, and 450 foot down was the old beach. The most recent flood started 20,000 years ago. By 10,000 it had reached almost current levels. Durning this time is when the Egyptians told Salon that The Gods came from the west. 15,500 years ago. They were a skilled people. They brought writing, and some engraved stone tablets have been brought up in fishing nets.

So wait for the next ice age and go look.

A minor hundred foot wave would run right over Florida, and most of the east coast population is right along the beach. It can all be gone in an hour.

When Mount Thera blew up, the wave reached 600 foot along the shores of the eastern Med. It flooded the Nile Delta. 1543 BC.

Geologic Time does seem slow to short lived species, but it keeps on ticking.

It is also time for the New Madrid Quake, which is huge and regular. The last time from the Mississippi river it rang church bells in Washington and Boston.

The West Coast is just Doomed!

These Survivor Guilt stories about the good people being warned and told to build a Winnabago are just lies to tell the children, why you lived when millions died.

Blind luck has a lot more to do with it than Darwin.

Humans are also filthy, and Plague Farms waiting to happen. The Plague of Justinian killed a third of the people on earth.

If humans were good record keepers, we would all know the exact dates of the ice ages, the lowering, the melting, the rising and the floods. We would know what the asteroids wiped out and what it was like before it hit. We would know if any ancient civilizations succumbed and the exact locations and dates. Humans have, thus far, been terrible record keepers what with unpredictable forces inside humanity destroying valuable information on whims such as capricious rulers and religious clergy. What is left are mostly predictions and calendars peppered with tales of gods and future apocalypse. Prophecy, basically.

Whether our current civilization manages to do better remains to be seen. One hit by a good enough sized asteroid, if any human survived, would set them back thousands of years and it could take quite some time to get back to where we are now, if it ever happened. Progress is not linear.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 9:11 am

Stone age mammoth hunters didnt need to balance checkbooks. So they didnt invent alphabets, nor number systems. So they couldnt write. So thats why they didnt write. Hense why they didnt record stuff.

Thats why the whole span of time prior to 3000 BC is called "Prehistory". It was prior to written records.

It just strikes me as silly that you're retroactively brow beating our ancestors for being illiterate (instead of praising them for inventing writing in the first place).

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 10:52 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

No, that was my great uncle. Rumor has it he had a thing for whiskey and liked to scare the locals after he'd been drinking.

Yeeee...HAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa ! !! !! !

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 11:40 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Stone age mammoth hunters didnt need to balance checkbooks. So they didnt invent alphabets, nor number systems. So they couldnt write. So thats why they didnt write. Hense why they didnt record stuff.

Thats why the whole span of time prior to 3000 BC is called "Prehistory". It was prior to written records.

It just strikes me as silly that you're retroactively brow beating our ancestors for being illiterate (instead of praising them for inventing writing in the first place).

The thing is though, preliterate societies have amazing oral traditions, recalling things that had happened perhaps centuries before, preserved as song and poetry. The major drawbacks to that are (1) those stories were eventually lost simply because they were forgotten for newer stories, and (2) because they were orally passed along, facts were confused, and were often combined with other stories both fact and fiction. This is how half mythologized stories of the Greek Iliad, and Odyssey, the Germanic Niebelungenlied, it's Scandinavian counterpart Volsung Saga, and the Anglo-Saxon Beowulf came down to us in their present forms. Just imagine what had been lost to us over the ages, because such oral remembrances had been later forgotten or even suppressed.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 3:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Thanks. I won't really get better, but I can have more good days than bad and that's what I hope for.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 4:05 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Thanks. I won't really get better, but I can have more good days than bad and that's what I hope for.

Good luck.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 4:23 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Gosh!

Hope that you can reasonably keep on keeping on.

Sounds like Lupus (not to pry).

Good luck.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Nov 2014, 5:10 pm

Inventor wrote:

No, they probably wouldn't. Most viruses are only capable of infecting a small number of species. The cold would probably not have the first clue what to do with a species with wholly different biochemistry.

The aliens lack of resistance is neither here nor there.

Inventor wrote:

No.