I don't care about rights or the constitution.

Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Nov 2014, 12:59 pm

LoneSword7878 wrote:
I have the power to defy these things because I am individual, and ,no, I am not expecting everyone to understand and support me.

And you have the power to be quickly carted off to prison for whatever consequential insurrection you choose to commit.

While I find anti-statist attitudes admirable, you don't seem to appreciate the priviledge and freedom constitutionally limited government (to the degree it exists in America anymore) affords and has afforded you. Your life and property have not been subject to arbitrary whims of the Lord of the Manor or some other birth-titled aristocrat. In a state of true barbarism most of us would be long dead over the most trivial of matters. A minimal state consisting of national defense, police, and courts and arbitration provides a guarantee to free citizens that they will be protected from coercion, violence and fraud against their person and property, and they have recourse if cheated under contract.

LoneSword7878
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Nov 2014, 7:53 pm

I have another majorly unpopular belief that everyone is definitely going to call blasphemous. Some people may already know and have been discussing it whether or not they agree with me. This can probably be called the most unpopular of unpopular beliefs as it concerns something that nobody would ever dare to question.

I absolutely hate free speech as it is currently used and you can feel free to declare war on me. Nowhere in the bill of rights does it literally say that people can say whatever in the world they feel like. It merely says that the government shall make no law favoring any religion or interfere with the public. It's supposed to be what seals the separation between the government and the people, which means that I do not have to tolerate any dissent because I am not a government official or a part of any political groups. It protects against censorship from the government, not other people, nothing more or less.

Countless Americans do not understand this and I personally consider it overrated and irrelevant.

For example, should some bigoted imbecile ever call me unnatural, immoral, sinful, and et cetera for the way in which I explore my body and prevent me from living my life how I individually decide, I am free to stand up for myself and put the boot to 'em.

If you are not going to be responsible for what you say, then you do not deserve to speak.

Also:
http://www.antisupernatural.com/opinion.html

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 8:26 pm

How many pages of not caring are we up to now?

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 8:45 pm

You must have been reading Ayn Rand. My condolences for believing her bilge.

luan78zao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Nov 2014, 11:47 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
You must have been reading Ayn Rand. My condolences for believing her bilge.

No, this is an entirely different sort of bilge.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission – which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 3:34 am

He could correct me if I'm wrong but what I see he wants is anarchy in the literal meaning of the word. Rights might be naturally given but in practically the only people who will have rights are the people who are the both the strongest and the smartest. Everybody else will be slaves or dead because they were to weak to protect their rights. Whether that is ok with him I don't know.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 4:24 am

Sorry but I think you have it all wrong. The constitution of the US protects you from discrimination and affords you liberties and freedom of expression that would be denied to you in many other countries. You forefathers died so that you could be afforded the freedoms of expression that were denied to them. You really need to read your history books.
I think what you allude to are the arbitrary rules that society sets, such as attitude, dress and sexuality, that you don't agree with. Well that's fine. Then express yourself anyway you see fit, but don't blame the constitution.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 9:33 am

Then maybe the OP would be happier if he lived in North Korea, Russia, or mainland China. Unless, the OP is a troll (which I'm beginning to suspect).

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 10:30 am

The point of the Constitution is to limit control by the government on the individual.

So if you say that you want to dispose of the Constitution, and to dispose of free speech, then by implication you're saying that you want to allow more governement control of your life. Implying that you favor a dictatorship ( i dont know why all of these delusional members are applauding you for being "anti statist" when you're clearly implying that you are the polar opposite of that).

So- you want a dictatorship-one that will forbid gay baiting and forbid hatespeech against gays, and will forcibly crack down on bullying of homosexuals. Kinda like Kristalnacht in reverse. Have strong arms go around to beat up on -not the oppressed minority- but beat up on the people who - don't like the oppressed minority! Hire Brown Shirts to go around beating up -not gays-but beat up on homophobic folks (and vandalizing their homes and businesses etc).

Is that a fair summation of what you are in favor of?

Just trying to figure out what you're saying.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 6:06 am

naturalplastic wrote:
The point of the Constitution is to limit control by the government on the individual.

So if you say that you want to dispose of the Constitution, and to dispose of free speech, then by implication you're saying that you want to allow more governement control of your life. Implying that you favor a dictatorship ( i dont know why all of these delusional members are applauding you for being "anti statist" when you're clearly implying that you are the polar opposite of that).

So- you want a dictatorship-one that will forbid gay baiting and forbid hatespeech against gays, and will forcibly crack down on bullying of homosexuals. Kinda like Kristalnacht in reverse. Have strong arms go around to beat up on -not the oppressed minority- but beat up on the people who - don't like the oppressed minority! Hire Brown Shirts to go around beating up -not gays-but beat up on homophobic folks (and vandalizing their homes and businesses etc).

Is that a fair summation of what you are in favor of?

Just trying to figure out what you're saying.

[the sound of crickets chirping]

I guess he hasnt thought out his own opinion well enough yet to be able to explain to another human being!

Oh well.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 1:25 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
Then maybe the OP would be happier if he lived in North Korea, Russia, or mainland China. Unless, the OP is a troll (which I'm beginning to suspect).
I think hed rather live in Syria under ISIS rule.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList