Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 3:05 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEaHyiAIsZE[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 3:19 am

Yes, all of the anti-American, unpatriotic, greedy "job creators" are taking American manufacturing jobs out of America and into China, paying slave wages in guarded compounds while they destroy the environment and air quality of China since progressive "regulations" forbid them from further destroying the environment in America (in the name of money). Blame Obama.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Nov 2014, 3:31 am

China is more screwed than the US in the long term, their economy is already slowing down and it's joined at the hip with ours. As more and more Chinese are lifted out of poverty, more and more will start demanding freedom and democracy.

Feldman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Dec 2014, 3:08 pm

Jacoby wrote:
China is more screwed than the US in the long term, their economy is already slowing down and it's joined at the hip with ours. As more and more Chinese are lifted out of poverty, more and more will start demanding freedom and democracy.

What are your reasons for thinking that China is more screwed than the US in the long term?
Is the fact that their economy is joined at the hip with America's a reason? If so, how?
Also, what is the relevance of your second sentence? Do you think more people demanding freedom and democracy is good or bad for an economy?

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

05 Dec 2014, 4:07 pm

Hey, to the comment on regulation in regard to the economy, umm, no. Kay? Air pollution is actually detrimental to growth because such negative externalities don't just damage pretty sky-lines, but they also generates high costs to maintaining structures (you know, like high-rises OR MY FREAKING HOUSE), and damage to human health generates high healthcare costs and hurts children's cognitive development.

Furthermore, China actually has considerably lower air pollution per capita than the United States:

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/EN.ATM.CO2E.PC

Take that, beeatch. In your face. Besides, saying you want to cut regulation that keeps our air breathable is like saying you want to live in a slum because you can get a better-paying job. You freakin' dense, mofo? Clean air and water that I don't have to run through a filter in order to not risk getting sick from it is like hiring a maid because I don't want to live in filth. It generates a cost, but the product improves my quality of life.

And besides, if you are putting crap into the air that I have to breathe here in my back yard, you are invading my property and damaging it. Furthermore, pollution that creates acid rain reduces the lifetime of my car, which generates a financial cost. In the end, it makes you no better than a pickpocket, and you ought to hang next to one.

In fact, because China has such high population density, they are likely to eventually set world records in the stringency of their environmental consciousness.

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2014, 3:18 am

Feldman wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

What are your reasons for thinking that China is more screwed than the US in the long term?
Is the fact that their economy is joined at the hip with America's a reason? If so, how?
Also, what is the relevance of your second sentence? Do you think more people demanding freedom and democracy is good or bad for an economy?

Basically china used population growth to boost up their economy. However, China's birth ratio is way out whack, therefore, there will not be enough young people to pay for the old people. Thus, they have to change their economic out look.