Page 6 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Liveirarica
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Nov 2014, 11:58 am

Fnord wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:
... This means we are made in God's image, figuratively and spiritually speaking, not literally and psychically.

In turn, this means that the Bible can not be taken as the literal "Word of God", but only as a collection fumbling attempts by a series of humans to explain their existence with allegory, analogy, and metaphor.
What I meant to say was clear and that is Word of God is literally from God (as in, written by God) rather than inspired (as in, what you are referring to), I never said that the words aren't allegorical.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

25 Nov 2014, 12:09 pm

[/quote] What I meant to say was clear and that is Word of God is literally from God (as in, written by God) rather than inspired (as in, what you are referring to), I never said that the words aren't allegorical.[/quote]

God wrote something? Literally?

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 12:25 pm

If god was real he would be an athiest since he would not believe he has a creator hence all those who are worshipping him are worshipping an athiest muahahahhaha!! !

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 1:49 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
If god was real he would be an athiest since he would not believe he has a creator hence all those who are worshipping him are worshipping an athiest muahahahhaha!! !

Listen, observe, and stop making sence. :D

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Nov 2014, 3:10 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:

Atheism isn't the lack of a belief in a creator, it's the lack of belief in a god. If there is a god then it's not an atheist.

Liveirarica
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Nov 2014, 3:23 pm

yournamehere wrote:
What I meant to say was clear and that is Word of God is literally from God (as in, written by God) rather than inspired (as in, what you are referring to), I never said that the words aren't allegorical.[/quote]

God wrote something? Literally?[/quote] Obviously through revelations from his "apostles", but it's his words and they were commanded to write every single word that he said, not just inspired.

Liveirarica
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Nov 2014, 3:25 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

Atheism isn't the lack of a belief in a creator, it's the lack of belief in a god. If there is a god then it's not an atheist.
True, and if God believes in himself to exist (which he does), he's not an atheist as God is God himself, and the poster who said that it would translate to atheist is a moron.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 3:44 pm

Liveirarica wrote:
yournamehere wrote:
What I meant to say was clear and that is Word of God is literally from God (as in, written by God) rather than inspired (as in, what you are referring to), I never said that the words aren't allegorical.

God wrote something? Literally?[/quote] Obviously through revelations from his "apostles", but it's his words and they were commanded to write every single word that he said, not just inspired.[/quote]

O.k. soo there was no actual writing in regards to this being. You ever hear the story about the kid who said he has blue shoes with a red stripe, and pass it on. It goes down the line, and after a few kids it ends up being a purple glove with a yellow string. Same concept. Somewhere down the line, I actally thought god wrote something, until you corrected it. But now you have to go back to where you heard it from, and he is dead. Actually a whole group of them, that had all kinds of things to say. Dead. A multitude of misinterpretation. That is my interpretation.

Liveirarica
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Nov 2014, 4:09 pm

yournamehere wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:
yournamehere wrote:

Obviously through revelations from his "apostles", but it's his words and they were commanded to write every single word that he said, not just inspired.[/quote]

O.k. soo there was no actual writing in regards to this being. You ever hear the story about the kid who said he has blue shoes with a red stripe, and pass it on. It goes down the line, and after a few kids it ends up being a purple glove with a yellow string. Same concept. Somewhere down the line, I actally thought god wrote something, until you corrected it. But now you have to go back to where you heard it from, and he is dead. Actually a whole group of them, that had all kinds of things to say. Dead. A multitude of misinterpretation. That is my interpretation.[/quote] Do I really need to spell things out? God told the stories and WRITTEN BY his supposedly "apostles", there is a difference here. It's still "God's words", they are just not dramatized and fictional stuff added by the apostles as they were biblical inspires, got it?

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 4:31 pm

Narrator wrote:
yournamehere wrote:
You are the higher power. All of you. You may be smoking it too.

You are gods.
True ego driven petty tyrants.

Go prove someone else wrong, I know what you are.

I'm only a minor deity - god of my own life, and not very omnipotent.
The gods of politics, economics and taxes are more powerful.

Odin is not a minor deity! He's the main dude of the pantheon, more or less.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 12:38 am

Liveirarica wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

True, and if God believes in himself to exist (which he does), he's not an atheist as God is God himself, and the poster who said that it would translate to atheist is a moron.
But god would have to have a god to create him he couldn't just always be there since every origin has to have a pre origin so a god would have to create another god but since there is no other god given if gods exist that god doesn't believe in another god hence it would be an athiest!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 12:55 am

trollcatman wrote:
Narrator wrote:
yournamehere wrote:
You are the higher power. All of you. You may be smoking it too.

You are gods.
True ego driven petty tyrants.

Go prove someone else wrong, I know what you are.

I'm only a minor deity - god of my own life, and not very omnipotent.
The gods of politics, economics and taxes are more powerful.

Odin is not a minor deity! He's the main dude of the pantheon, more or less.

~Takes a bow~

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 12:56 am

Liveirarica wrote:
yournamehere wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:
yournamehere wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:

Obviously through revelations from his "apostles", but it's his words and they were commanded to write every single word that he said, not just inspired.

O.k. soo there was no actual writing in regards to this being. You ever hear the story about the kid who said he has blue shoes with a red stripe, and pass it on. It goes down the line, and after a few kids it ends up being a purple glove with a yellow string. Same concept. Somewhere down the line, I actally thought god wrote something, until you corrected it. But now you have to go back to where you heard it from, and he is dead. Actually a whole group of them, that had all kinds of things to say. Dead. A multitude of misinterpretation. That is my interpretation.
Do I really need to spell things out? God told the stories and WRITTEN BY his supposedly "apostles", there is a difference here. It's still "God's words", they are just not dramatized and fictional stuff added by the apostles as they were biblical inspires, got it?

(Hopefully I fixed all the quoting...)

So when people made later changes, they were instructed to by God as well?

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

Liveirarica
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Nov 2014, 9:22 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

But god would have to have a god to create him he couldn't just always be there since every origin has to have a pre origin so a god would have to create another god but since there is no other god given if gods exist that god doesn't believe in another god hence it would be an athiest!
I cannot believe that you're this much of an ignoramus. You don't understand the concept of God, when you do; you can talk.

Liveirarica
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Nov 2014, 9:23 am

Narrator wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:
yournamehere wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:
yournamehere wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:

Obviously through revelations from his "apostles", but it's his words and they were commanded to write every single word that he said, not just inspired.

Do I really need to spell things out? God told the stories and WRITTEN BY his supposedly "apostles", there is a difference here. It's still "God's words", they are just not dramatized and fictional stuff added by the apostles as they weren't biblical inspires, got it?
No.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 11:31 am

Liveirarica wrote:
Narrator wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:
yournamehere wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:
yournamehere wrote:
Liveirarica wrote:

Do I really need to spell things out? God told the stories and WRITTEN BY his supposedly "apostles", there is a difference here. It's still "God's words", they are just not dramatized and fictional stuff added by the apostles as they weren't biblical inspires, got it?
No.

It's not even the same language?