Why are these women being locked up with men?

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 3:17 pm

http://interactive.fusion.net/trans/

I don't care what any as*hole says, "Oh, you're just playing victim." "Oh, you're just playing a victimhood narrative." "Grow up and be an adult about it.; stop playing victim!" If you say that in response to this article, then you're an as*hole, plain and simple, and I want nothing to do with you.

These women are *REAL* victims; therefore, the victimhood narrative is entirely appropriate.

I wanted to make sure everyone here was straight on that from the start.

Persevero
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Nov 2014, 3:46 pm

Addressing prison rape culture would solve that, and more.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 3:48 pm

Isn't the US asylum system an omnishambles anyway?

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 4:41 pm

Persevero wrote:
Addressing prison rape culture would solve that, and more.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 4:43 pm

Because they're men?

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 5:22 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Because they're men?

Um, no.

If you identify as female, you're female. End of story, and don't go on to say anything different.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 5:44 pm

andrethemoogle wrote:
If you identify as female, you're female. End of story, and don't go on to say anything different.

I identify as an Uruk from Mordor. That means I am, right?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Nov 2014, 5:52 pm

It's a tough spot of prisons, just because you identify differently than the gender of your birth doesn't mean you are entitled to be housed with them. I think it comes down to what parts you still have. Incarceration is barbaric in a lot of ways tho and what good does it really do? How many people are in prison right now that never hurt anyone? No one should be put at risk of sexual assault, how is that not cruel and unusual punishment?

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 5:55 pm

Jacoby wrote:
It's a tough spot of prisons, just because you identify differently than the gender of your birth doesn't mean you are entitled to be housed with them. I think it comes down to what parts you still have. Incarceration is barbaric in a lot of ways tho and what good does it really do? How many people are in prison right now that never hurt anyone? No one should be put at risk of sexual assault, how is that not cruel and unusual punishment?

Who says they are going to sexually assault them? Do you have any proof?

Seriously, some of these posts are making my head hurt.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 6:01 pm

From myths:

Quote:
11. "I'm actually a feline trapped in a human's body. Can I get can surgery to make me a cat?"

Also known as the "I think I'm funny, but I'm not," answer. Generally used by guys who watch South Park.

When people use this argument, they assume that transgender people are mentally ill (they're not), assume it's a delusion that can be cured (wrong), and ignores one key fact. People can naturally be mentally hard wired to identify as male or female. Sometimes the wiring and the equipment don't synch up during development. We have 40-plus years of neuroscience research basically telling us gender identity and body image are written early on in development, and sometimes they don't match.

People, however, do not naturally identify as a cat, or other non-human animal.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brynn-tan ... 84701.html

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 6:01 pm

Wut? The link in the OP said transwomen are at risk of sexual assault... as well as many men in the prison system, of course. The entire thing is an omnishambles.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 6:11 pm

beneficii wrote:
People, however, do not naturally identify as a cat, or other non-human animal.

How do you know that?

I've read plenty of cases where people identify as numerous things. It's no less natural than anything else living, unless you're biased for men and women only; which is bias, and wrong.

You know, because their "wiring" is a little funky.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 6:26 pm

Humanity has a strong instinct towards dominating people with fear through violence, degradation and killing. That's why tyrrany is more the rule than the exception throughout history.

Not all people are that way, but there are always enough to allow such stuff to bloom if the immune system of society becomes weak enough to allow it. Prisons seem to be places where that happens.

And, even those people who wouldn't become Gehngis Khan (who has millions of descdendants -- genetically very successful) if they could can still have a sense of sadism that gives them pleasure at even thinking of someone else (who is "below" them) bring brutalized or murdered. Empathy is a sort of myth, or at least something that easily breaks down if the other person is seen as "lesser" (which certainly includes prisoners and TS people).

The_fire_rises
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Nov 2014, 6:29 pm

andrethemoogle wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Who says they are going to sexually assault them? Do you have any proof?

Seriously, some of these posts are making my head hurt.

you making posts like this in the report thread makes my head hurt, no rules violation. not adopting your culture =/= a rules violation.
andrethemoogle wrote:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp6347532.html#6347532

Referring transgender women as "men".

andrethemoogle wrote:
Dillogic wrote:
Because they're men?

Um, no.

not every believes in the concept of gender identity. some people like me disagree with it entirely. and there's nothing wrong with that. not adopting your culture =/= infringing on your rights or any form of biggotry or hate speach.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 6:32 pm

It IS bigotry to refer to transgender women as "men", as they are not men and were never male.

That is hate speech in my eyes.

The_fire_rises
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Nov 2014, 6:35 pm

empirical data, your feelings are not an argument, and you certainly shouldn't be using your feelings to try and get other users moderated or banned. if you want a hug box like that go to srs on reddit you'll fit right in. :) seeing as you constantly try to censor other users.

then the argument on identity is a waste of time. post modern concept that can't be refuted, some people just don't like the post modern culture, and would prefer a different more objective one on defining humans since the concept of gender identity is based in feelings not objective facts.