burned and beaten to death for desecrating koran

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 2:26 am

https://www.tytnetwork.com/2014/11/18/c ... blasphemy/

..but, how would Christians respond if people in the US openly and publicly desecrated bibles? My guess,.. it would not be pretty. It may not result in this level of violence but I have no doubt that if people openly destroyed/disrespected bibles it would be looked upon at the same level of people desecrating the flag, probably worse, and people have been beaten for "disrespecting" the flag.

Last edited by khaoz on 20 Nov 2014, 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 2:33 am

I'm sure it'd be nowhere near as bad as in Muslim countries and with the Koran.

They've got the monopoly on fundamentalists.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 2:34 am

This is why religion is pointless and a waste of time and lives but this is my opinion.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 3:12 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
This is why religion is pointless and a waste of time and lives but this is my opinion.

Except this isn't about religion being a waste of time, but of fanatics that take it too far. Burning books is not good, but people should not be killed over this.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 5:23 am

Burning books and flags is freedom of speech, and people should be protected from the unwashed mashes with pitchforks.
Also, in the article it doesn't say whether the victims really burned a Koran, only that a cleric told people that they had. Maybe they just wanted to get rid of the two Christians?
And whether people are offended is completely irrelevant in a country that has free speech. People say things that are offensive to me all the time but I don't go out to kill and burn people with the other knuckledraggers.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 9:13 am

khaoz wrote:
https://www.tytnetwork.com/2014/11/18/couple-beaten-burned-mob-blasphemy/

..but, how would Christians respond if people in the US openly and publicly desecrated bibles? My guess,.. it would not be pretty. It may not result in this level of violence but I have no doubt that if people openly destroyed/disrespected bibles it would be looked upon at the same level of people desecrating the flag, probably worse, and people have been beaten for "disrespecting" the flag.

I don't think the U.S. reaction would be pretty but I also don't think it would be violent. There would be angry FOX news reports, angry facebook shares, angry blogs, and angry comments in the comments section of news articles. There might also be a rally with signs.

Internet flaming just can't be compared with ACTUALLY BURNING PEOPLE.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 1:07 pm

Janissy wrote:
khaoz wrote:
https://www.tytnetwork.com/2014/11/18/couple-beaten-burned-mob-blasphemy/

I don't think the U.S. reaction would be pretty but I also don't think it would be violent. There would be angry FOX news reports, angry facebook shares, angry blogs, and angry comments in the comments section of news articles. There might also be a rally with signs.

Internet flaming just can't be compared with ACTUALLY BURNING PEOPLE.

People have burned Bibles and flags in the US, and nothing much happened as far as I know. I know that Penn & Teller have burned a flag in a magic trick, and they destroyed one or two Bibles on their BS series, or at least they made it look that way. I think most civilized people know that is covered under freedom of speech. And for the barbarians, time to leave them behind.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 2:31 pm

About the most serious sin a God fearing person can do is commit Idolatry, it is giving worship and hope for salvation to something other than God Almighty.

The Bible and Koran are books, lets presume they do in fact carry the message of God, but they are not God himself, just a load of paper.
Even Angels when appearing to man with a message from God would generally refuse to give their names out of fear of inciting idolatry and self worship from the recipient of the message.

Muslims are actually committing a great sin against Allah when they venerate an object so much, Christians are more wary of idolatry except for Catholics, if a Bible gets burned, so what, it doesn't burn God himself, just go out and buy another one.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 6:14 pm

Nambo wrote:
About the most serious sin a God fearing person can do is commit Idolatry, it is giving worship and hope for salvation to something other than God Almighty.

The Bible and Koran are books, lets presume they do in fact carry the message of God, but they are not God himself, just a load of paper.
Even Angels when appearing to man with a message from God would generally refuse to give their names out of fear of inciting idolatry and self worship from the recipient of the message.

Muslims are actually committing a great sin against Allah when they venerate an object so much, Christians are more wary of idolatry except for Catholics, if a Bible gets burned, so what, it doesn't burn God himself, just go out and buy another one.

I can guarantee you that where I live, if I openly burned or tore a bible apart I would be told I need to find a new place to live. My apartment building has bibles laying around everywhere in common areas. Put there by residents, not by management, and these "God fearing" Christian women would make my life a living hell if they even knew I did not believe in God, let alone desecrate one of their bibles, but definitely they would demand of management that I be required to move from the building