Max Blumenthal interview on Israels double standards

Page 1 of 9 [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 7:30 pm

Or "How Germany is Using ‘Anti-Semitism’ to Shut Down Israel Criticism "

Fantastic interview with American Jewish journalist Max Blumenthal on Germanys sucking up to right wing zionists and the convenient 'left wing' idiots that support them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClMHNw-9l48

My deviant art profile

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 10:11 am

I tend to find that it's mainly antisemites that say things like this.

Criticise Israel all you like. Saying that perhaps Israel's best interests would best be served by not being in the West Bank is not antisemitic. As long as you stick to facts and don't demonise Israel, you're not being antisemitic. (I believe that funding should be cut from both the Israelis and Palestinians, and that the Palestinians should be made accountable for their actions. They could have a very prosperous life if more of them woke up to how they are being used.)

The Israelis have to live with most of the people around them wanting them dead. This hurts Arabs more than Jews.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 1:44 pm

Tequila wrote:

Thats probably because Kippers tend to rub shoulders with far-right scumbags just like they do in the European parliament. Thats probably why its your experience but not necessarilly that of others.

Tequila wrote:
Criticise Israel all you like. Saying that perhaps Israel's best interests would best be served by not being in the West Bank is not antisemitic. As long as you stick to facts and don't demonise Israel, you're not being antisemitic.

Israel doesn't need any help to be 'demonised'. It does that perfectly well by itself.
Tequila wrote:

The Israelis have to live with most of the people around them wanting them dead. This hurts Arabs more than Jews.

If you migrate en masse to someone elses land and assume sovereignty over said land against their wishes, that breeds violent resistance. Its not just an 'arab thing', its a human thing.

My deviant art profile

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 3:48 pm

Here we go again another topic on Israel, :roll: I guess thomas81 cant get enough of that hummus and pita bread.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 7:53 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Here we go again another topic on Israel, :roll: I guess thomas81 cant get enough of that hummus and pita bread.

You as an American, morally should be even more vocal in support of the arabs. Your country has a lot to answer for in the middle east conflict and disposession of the Palestinians. Add to that, half of the taxes your country spends on foreign aid goes to Israel. So you don't get to tell me to shut up.

So If speaking on behalf of an oppressed people means i cant get enough of their food? I bet if it was Tibet i was speaking on behalf of (which libertarians and conservatives seem to have a unique passion for) you wouldn't be telling me I cant get enough of sweet and sour or black bean sauce.

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 8:23 pm

On Palestinian violence:

My deviant art profile

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 10:18 pm

Are you a Holocaust denier?

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 11:28 pm

Tequila wrote:

Criticise Israel all you like. Saying that perhaps Israel's best interests would best be served by not being in the West Bank is not antisemitic. As long as you stick to facts and don't demonise Israel, you're not being antisemitic. (I believe that funding should be cut from both the Israelis and Palestinians, and that the Palestinians should be made accountable for their actions. They could have a very prosperous life if more of them woke up to how they are being used.)

I have never understood how saying something unflattering about Israel is necessarily anti-semitic. Do people really believe that you cannot criticize Israel without criticizing Judaism?

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 11:32 pm

Humanaut wrote:
Are you a Holocaust denier?

Irrelevant. The holocaust happened, but it doesn't give the Jews a carte blanche to disposess anyone they want in order to rectify their own oppression.

Even then, it wasn't just the Jews who were persecuted during the holocaust. If we're giving the Jews a state purely because of the holocaust, why stop there? Why not a homosexual state, a gypsy state or even a disabled state?

The fact is the UK and other western nations established Israel not out of a genuine empathy for their well being, but out of their own anti-semitism in seeking a permanent solution to the 'Jewish question' in getting the jews out of their own countries.

I have a more pertinent counter-question for you. Do you believe the nakba happened? (Google it if you're not sure what it is). Holocaust deniers and nakba deniers are two sides of the same coin as far as i am concerned.

My deviant art profile

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 11:36 pm

thomas81 wrote:
Fantastic interview with American Jewish journalist Max Blumenthal on Germanys sucking up to right wing zionists and the convenient 'left wing' idiots that support them.

Oy! Du fangst shoyn on? Vos iz der chil’lek?

AspieOtaku wrote:
Here we go again another topic on Israel; I guess thomas81 cant get enough of that hummus and pita bread.

Und a khasuren di kalleh is tsu shayn!

:P :lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 11:40 pm

eric76 wrote:
Tequila wrote:

I have never understood how saying something unflattering about Israel is necessarily anti-semitic. Do people really believe that you cannot criticize Israel without criticizing Judaism?

Whether or not criticising Israel is genuinely anti-semitic is neither here nor there in the eyes of dyed-in-the wool Israel supporters. What they understand though, and have exploited ad nauseam, is that calling Israel's opponents 'anti semitic' is an effective way of shutting down any and all criticism of Israel's atrocities.

What I would argue, is that this shrill defence is in itself anti semitic because it implies Israel deserves special rules on its behaviour purely because of its connection to Judaism.

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 11:46 pm

Fnord wrote:
Und a khasuren di kalleh is tsu shayn!

:P :lol:

In the case of Bibi

A makeh in yenems orem iz nit shver tsu trogen!

My deviant art profile

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 1:34 am

thomas81 wrote:
The holocaust happened, but...

Quote:
...it wasn't just the Jews who were persecuted during the holocaust.

Holocaust minimization is circumstantial evidence of antisemitism.

Are you a Catholic?

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 1:49 am

Humanaut wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
The holocaust happened, but...

Quote:
...it wasn't just the Jews who were persecuted during the holocaust.

Holocaust minimization is circumstantial evidence of antisemitism.

Are you a Catholic?

Huh? It is antisemitic to point out that they are other people who were persecuted as well? Does it minimize the persecution of the Jews to point out that others were persecuted as well?

That's bizarre. It strikes me as quite irrational as well. It's like saying that only the Jews deserved to be recognized for what they endured in World War II.

How about the Serbs? Their treatment at the hands of the Croats reportedly even bothered the Nazis who saw them.

I find ideas such as those expressed by you to be enormously disturbing. Have you no shame?

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 1:59 am

Do you think it is also antisemitic to acknowledge the Bataan Death March?

How about the British catching and selling hundreds of thousands of the Irish into slavery in the 1600s?

Last edited by eric76 on 30 Nov 2014, 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 2:02 am

eric76 wrote:
It is antisemitic to point out that they are other people who were persecuted as well?

It depends on the circumstances.