Page 1 of 8 [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 5:34 am

Does anyone remember that, wherever you live?

Malsane
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2008, 12:59 pm

I'm not sure if I know what you mean. Do you mean that paganism came before all the others, so before Christianization (I live in the US) everyone was pagan? Yeah, that's true.

I'm pagan, btw.

SIXLUCY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 1:05 pm

Chaotica > Yes this is what my Sis believes too and will argue with other christians about.

I am a very spiritual person but I dont really like to be involved in anything because it just makes me trip out too much.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 2:00 am

Are these lyrics to a song?

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 2:49 am

I'm Pagan too :)
Nice to meet you, Malsane!

To SIXLUCY: Paganism is the religion of the free, you don't have to believe, but know and understand what your ancestors' blood is speaking to you.
We live in different countries and our Pagan Gods have different names, but the Sun, the Moon, Life, Death, Love and Grief and the same everywhere, and what we can see DOES EXIST REALLY.

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Jul 2008, 4:52 am

Paganism is like feminism right?

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 5:11 am

Tensho wrote:

I've never heard nothing more absurd... You better read more books on science and history.

Daran
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 5:17 am

The hindus also started out as pagans, but integrated better stuff after they moved into India. I don't believe in the "blut und boden" (blood and soil) sentiments, it reminds of nazi-ideology.

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 5:23 am

Daran wrote:
The hindus also started out as pagans, but integrated better stuff after they moved into India. I don't believe in the "blut und boden" (blood and soil) sentiments, it reminds of nazi-ideology.

What about your own opinion? Christianity also permits to have slaves, and only Jews are "godchosen" people, by the way...
"it reminds of nazi-ideology" - doesn't it? :wink:

Daran
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 5:40 am

Chaotica wrote:
Daran wrote:

What about your own opinion? Christianity also permits to have slaves, and only Jews are "godchosen" people, by the way...
"it reminds of nazi-ideology" - doesn't it? :wink:

I'm not a fan of christianity, islam or judaism either. One should indeed make a personal choice.
Regressing to paganism is not my personal choice however. We are one humanity, so why not pick what is best in the world of spiritual techniques and make some slight adjustments to suit our own cultural setting?

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 5:57 am

There have been too many good traditions in Kyiv Rus before Christianization, and you should know about the process of Christianization by Volodymyr and about those who didn't want to betray their Gods and have been tortured by the Christians. Why do you name it "regress"? Peoples have been created different by Nature, and I'm sure we won't find what would be suitable for all. A wolf will never hunt a wolf, and a deer will never eat what a hare prefers.
People should take the best traditions from their own religions, born by Time. It doesn't mean war, but respecting your own history, ancestors and traditions should never be shameful.

Daran
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 6:24 am

I call it "regress" because I don't believe that making sacrifices to or begging favours from different local gods is a very advanced form of spirituality.

If some higher consciousness is behind us and all of creation, then surely it is one and not a series of gods or natural forces. With all our knowledge of physics, maths and relativity, it seems to me ludicrous to blindly hark back to our world view of 1200 years ago.

Perhaps it is a romantic idea to turn back the clock and kick out christianity but for me paganism is just too, well ehrm, just not adequate for my spiritual needs. Of course I respect those who do make that choice, but sticking to the religious beliefs of your distant ancestors should not become a dogma, or you might as well stay christian.

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Jul 2008, 6:31 am

The history of my country is too diverse to know where I come from.

I have looked up paginism and feminism like you said because that was the opinion I was led to believe until now. It seems not all do worship only the Goddess. What I had in mind was feminism with rituals because paganism seemed to be mostly for women.

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 7:25 am

Tensho wrote:
The history of my country is too diverse to know where I come from.

I have looked up paginism and feminism like you said because that was the opinion I was led to believe until now. It seems not all do worship only the Goddess. What I had in mind was feminism with rituals because paganism seemed to be mostly for women.

I'm glad to read this. Nice to meet you :)

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 8:50 am

Tensho wrote:

They have a lot in common, I think.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2008, 1:55 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Tensho wrote:

They have a lot in common, I think.

I'm curious, what do they have in common?

The thought of God not being a He, perhaps?