Global warming is wrong. THe earth is getting colder

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

monty
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 5:54 am

nightbender wrote:

Yeah, one portion of the Antarctic Ice Sheet is getting thicker. That is different from saying that the overall ice balance of Antarctica (and the planet) is being reduced - - it is.

The interior of Antarctica is so cold that there is little snowfall there - by the time the air gets there, it has already dropped its moisture. An increase in global temperatures would (in the short term) cause an increase in central ice and a decrease in ice around the margins of the bottom continent, which is what we are seeing. Big chunks of the ice shelves breaking off, forming icebergs the size of Delaware.

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

monty
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 12:24 pm

nightbender wrote:
http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2006/3315greenland_ice.html

Great - two year old nonsense from the Lyndon LaRouche group - people with decades of service to a professional paranoid, convicted felon, 8 times candidate for president. Because if anyone can challenge modern quantum physics and put those uppity professors in their place, it is LaRouche's 21st Century Science and Technology magazine.

What does the YawehbenYaweh cult think about global warming? Nevermind - they too are kooks.

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 1:09 pm

oops didnt even notice, i just googled and picked one at raddom, i am having med related issues that make researching difficult.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 1:29 pm

nightbender wrote:
oops didnt even notice, i just googled and picked one at raddom, i am having med related issues that make researching difficult.

Hope you adjust to the meds ... maybe it's radio time?

If not, I just read that about 50 of the scientists that were on the 'list of scientists who doubt global warming" had no idea that there names were on there (because they don't doubt it).

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 1:48 pm

nightbender wrote:
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23583376-7583,00.html
:roll:

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 10:05 pm

monty wrote:
Sand wrote:
When I entered this site late last year my first impression was that AS people were more aware and responsive to scientific discovery. The bulk of the posts to this thread are so unaware of the solid scientific data confirming not only global warming but that human activity is largely responsible for it that I am depressed by the resemblance of thinking of the people here to the general vast ignorance of scientific findings of people in the general population. Very depressing.

Exactly the reaction I had here earlier today on another thread - lots of people giving opinions and conclusions when it was clear that they really didn't know what they were talking about.

Same here, I actually ask myself why such skepticism, greed perhaps, maybe they are afraid that doing something about it will affect the economy or something like that, and that being why choosing not even to consider it, if that is the case, kinda sad, isn't it?

I am not a tree-hugging hippie either btw ;)