Yes All American children should be taught Spanish 63%  63%  [ 25 ]
No learning Spanish will not benefit American children 38%  38%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 40

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 6:46 pm

A wall that allows entrance to tourists, how tough against "LOL invasions"

If you would count the number of first world countries that have bilingual school programs... Well, with US' economic crisis and huge deficit they may not fit that much in the first world anyway.

MathThinkerSpain
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jul 2008, 8:23 pm

Fred2670 wrote:
grain-and-field wrote:
why dont you stfu about this "topic" now, huh?

No way
believe it or not there are Americans who have no idea that Mexico's plan to conquer America is working. I understand that I alone can do nothing to stop it, except raise awareness through the discussion of certain sensitive and directly related topics such as this one.
Let me guess..
you hate America because you think its too "white"

If you think like that What kind of respect and moods do you deserve and expect out of NT?
I do not want to attack you but warning yourself, living in mistake.
If you feel as some kind of "silent racism"? Maybe you do not know but in your head are growing some racist Ideas. Please change, If you feel AS then do not flatter and insult others as you would not expect to be received byyourself. Stop Bullying, please!. If you are NT then I do not know what you are doing here. :oops:

1.- http://www.youtube.com/v/BZprtPat1Vk Obama was telling Spanish as an example, he meant Americans should become billingual.
2.-In a few years you sh :oops: ould migrate northwards into Canada and learn French, because the southern States speak more Spanish as ever. :oops:
3.- It is not bad to learn anything, it is the same cooking, driving a car, learn whatever language.
4.- It is not bad learn other cultures. If Exit then light.
5.- Most important of OBAMA is that he is fighting against minorities problems, exclusion, offending, bullying. How are you wanting Obama to Help Autism ppl, if you do not stand the pace of other minorities.
6.- If you thing AS is not an illness then you should thing that being foreigner is not illness neither.
7.- Now in a global world you should be capable of COMMUNICATE, languages is communication.

To end ... Autism needs to run away of missunderstanding, bullying, racism, offender, etc...
We have to open ourself into openess, and think that not only AS vs Autism are the same.
But also all kinds of exclusion as foreigners, women, elderly, schysophrenia, Dong Syndrome, Tourette, X-Fragile.
Millions of ppl who are not treated as 1st class human beings.
For sure it would be a more "home" and friendly world.
That is what I see behind OBAMA. OPENESS, FRIENDLYNESS, sense of social justice and social responsibility ...
He thinks it is not an only scape boat to save and fly off the TITANIC, but the whole world belong to us living human creatures.

Some lines of Albert Einstein, as many Autististics, lack of need for direct contact, egocentric, but there is a step farther into UNDERSTANDING, into bullying pasive positive back response thinking:

"* My passionate sense of social justice and social responsibility has always contrasted oddly with my pronounced lack of need for direct contact with other human beings and human communities.
* I gang my own gait and have never belonged to my country, my home, my friends, or even my immediate family, with my whole heart; in the face of all these ties I have never lost an obstinate sense of detachment, of the need for solitude a feeling which increases with the years"

I recommend to read whole book Einstein-The-World-as-I-See-it:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2619499/Alber ... s-I-See-it

First words of Einstein´s book:

The Meaning of LifeWhat is the meaning of human life, or of organic life altogether? To answer this question at all implies a religion. Is there any sense then, you ask, inputting it? I answer, the man who regards his own life and that of hisfellow-creatures as meaningless is not merely unfortunate but almost disqualified for life.........
.................we exist for our fellow-men--in the first place for those on whose smiles and welfare allour happiness depends, and next for all those unknown to us personally with whose destinies we are bound up by the tie of sympathy.......

Einstein and Autism connection:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRRNeAilrnM

Have a good day, and learn Spanish, or whatever you wish, but learn something, it is the same what matter: knowledge will not fry your brain into chips!!. :)

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 10:21 pm

To the poster above, no matter how many words you put in to cover up this line:

"2.-In a few years you sh ould migrate northwards into Canada and learn French, because the southern States speak more Spanish as ever."

You don't come across as though you have any right to talk about anyone about being less of a bully.

I still think we should all learn Nahuatl instead. Give Aztecs a piece of their missing culture back.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 10:34 pm

The Aztecs are dead. EOM.

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 11:45 pm

hmm I don't know. I keep hearing about Aztlan so if that is the purpose for a movement, it would make sense to at least bring back your ancestor's real cultural identity since there is this push for a language.

I still think of what people call now Latinos as Aztecs. Here in America, Aztecs could use this as an opportunity to free themselves from Spanish imposed traditions and learn their culture again and speak their language again instead of doing the bidding of the Spanish.

Especially if the claim is that the southwest belongs to the nation of Aztlan then if that is the case and we're going to go along with this politically correct scheme then it would be correct to assume that Spanish should not be the language but instead Nahuatl.

I don't blame Aztecs. They are being told a bunch of propaganda in Mexico to fuel hatred against "gringos" and since Aztecs of today (latinos) had no power and were being abused in Mexico, they are taking it out on those that they are being told to take it out on.

Fred2670
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jul 2008, 1:49 am

I feel bad for the Americans who welcome this massive Aztec wave of illegal immigration as one of friendly brotherhood. They do not see it as an occupying force. The truth is that the Aztec horde will never be loyal Americans. They believe this land is theirs by right and they are successfully reclaiming it. Mexicos only strength is its sheer number of unhappy people who are jealous of their northern nieghbors. The Mexican government points these people in the right direction and they conquer first California, and now the American southwest by saturation. It all comes down to language. As the English language dies, so does America. It is fine for an individual to speak more than one language, but when a nation embraces two languages, it welcomes division, weakness, and ultimately ruin.

MathThinkerSpain

30 Jul 2008, 6:12 am

You have to adapt to new changing world, and think of Mexican as fellow-creatures-ppl,as Einstein writes in his book.
It happens not only in US, but in any developed country. Here we get mostly ppl from colombia, ecuador, and Argentina. Also lots of Marrocan, poland, east Europa, chinese. ppl. If anybody wants to work and obey the new land- rules. All will be OK. Adapt to a new mixed multicultural world!!, Maybe next citizens will be robots, who knows.
Thanks to this multicultural, ppl get used to be more friendly with "different" scenarios as AS/Autism. It looks, if you like it, you will get a chance of friendship with a nice mexican-girl, as they feel also bullyied. We have something in common in the human-rights fight. ;)

Maybe you get something of mixing 2 cultures, if you can take best of everyone, not only tequila.
Anyway the Mexicans who live in USA, they become US-citizens, so they will think different as Mexico-citizen.
The photo you show, it should be the isolated Mexicans. Most of the new-citizens change, and get closer to US-way of life.
:P
Edit: You will find ignorant and Stupid, or friendly and clever, ppl among Americans and among Mexicans, is the same the country where they come from.
Some quotes which have to do with Mexican migration.A.Einstein:
"Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 9:12 am

ImageThat stinks as selective evidence, three guys holding that sign, while it appears the rest of the manifestation are all holding US flags...

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 4:09 pm

MathThinkerSpain wrote:
1. It happens not only in US, but in any developed country. 1. Here we get mostly ppl from colombia, ecuador, and Argentina. Also lots of Marrocan, poland, east Europa, chinese. ppl. If anybody wants to work and obey the new land- rules. All will be OK. Adapt to a new mixed multicultural world!!,

2. Maybe next citizens will be robots, who knows.

"

1. Here is the problem. People are not adapting to the rules and it's not just Aztecs but politicians that want to tap into a new voter base by pandering. Obama and Mccain both do it. Hillary did too. If people aren't going to abide by the rules of the land, they don't belong here just like if I were to go to another land and expected rules to bend for me while everyone else had to wait in line or learn the land's rules...I wouldn't expect to last long.

2.Robots? Japanese robots perhaps? See the human race sucks so badly that people feel the need to invent robot or either that, Japanese are tired of sniffing panties after being microwaved and blow up dolls. I suspect that is the real reason.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmIf-slNEC8[/youtube]

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 11:02 pm

Aztecs?!
Fer cryin' out loud!
Aztec empire in green:

Natural Spanish speakers in orange:

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 11:43 pm

LKL wrote:
Aztecs?!
Fer cryin' out loud!
Aztec empire in green:

Natural Spanish speakers in orange:

louisiana isn't spanish speaking. only recently with the slave labor shipped in from mexico thanks to katrina.

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2008, 11:47 pm

LKL wrote:
Aztecs?!
Fer cryin' out loud!

Yes Aztecs. They must learn their original language again.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 12:23 am

catspurr wrote:
LKL wrote:
Aztecs?!
Fer cryin' out loud!

Yes Aztecs. They must learn their original language again.

Their original language? Nahuatl? Proto-Nahua? Proto-Uto-Aztecan?

Perhaps I should run off and learn Irish, or even Basque (because it's the closest I'm going to get to Old European)!

The "Aztecs" were just one Nahua group at one time, notable only because they happened to be around when the place got conquered. Modern Mexicans aren't Aztecs (heck, they're mostly Mestizo which are a generous mix of European and native), and Aztecs are not self-same with the myriad of people who have spoken Uto-Aztecan in the American Southwest, nor yet would any lineal descent uninterrupted confer any right upon them to it. Of course, what if the Nahua only moved in to Mexico from the American Southwest recently! How much of their "culture" was then lifted from, say, the people who built Teotihuacan (a great city which predates the Aztecs by what, 1000 years?). Alas! They're culture is polluted beyond recovery. :roll:

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 1:27 am

My point was that, even with resurgent racial pride, "Aztecs" make up a miniscule population of those who speak Spanish. It doesn't even account for the native ancestry of Mexico. Why not Mayans? Why not Incas? Why not Orinoco or Parima? Why not Yanomamo? Why, for that matter, not Basques?