Page 2 of 14 [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 5:09 am

Sand wrote:
BellaDonna wrote:
Every one hates Christians but what about cults and people that still practice satanism and child abuse - alot of them are paedophiles. There is so much more in the world to hate or make fun of than christians.

Of course there are many silly things that people believe that could be worthwhile having fun with but why should Christianity be left out when they are such easy targets?

Exactly easy targets = Bullies/Cowards. It is like people with AS being targeted, pathetic.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 5:36 am

BellaDonna wrote:
Sand wrote:
BellaDonna wrote:
Every one hates Christians but what about cults and people that still practice satanism and child abuse - alot of them are paedophiles. There is so much more in the world to hate or make fun of than christians.

Of course there are many silly things that people believe that could be worthwhile having fun with but why should Christianity be left out when they are such easy targets?

Exactly easy targets = Bullies/Cowards. It is like people with AS being targeted, pathetic.

I tend to agree with you that Christianity is an illness that needs treatment and pointing out its inconsistencies and unwarranted assumptions and just plain cloud cuckoo land silliness is precisely the medicine it needs to shake its adherents into facing reality.
This is not bullying, it is an attempt to cure the malady. Making fun of AS people will not help them since their problems (my problems) are neurological and perhaps social out of sharper perceptions of average culture.

Bullying is the attack on helpless victims which is something else altogether. If Christians feel helpless to defend what they believe in it means they have not thoroughly considered their beliefs.

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 5:44 am

Some people see aspies as the same. Doesn't mean you have to s**t on them because theyre different.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 6:10 am

BellaDonna wrote:
Some people see aspies as the same. Doesn't mean you have to sh** on them because theyre different.

There are lots of people in the world of all sorts of beliefs. None of them are immune to analysis and confrontation. If anything, I am different and a minority. Christians are not a minority and should be able to fend off any analysis of their beliefs with substantiated logic and acceptable attitudes. If they cannot do that it's the fault of their beliefs, not of any valid criticisms.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 8:39 am

ruveyn wrote:
Jesus is not a savior. If it were not for the sinister Paul, Jesus would be no more than a footnote in history. Christianity is Paulianity.

ruveyn

You're so wrong. It wasn't Paul whom they put up on that cross. Paul didn't offer himself as a supreme sacrifice.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 8:43 am

BellaDonna wrote:
Sand wrote:
BellaDonna wrote:

But if we are AS on an AS forum, we can target whomever we like, and justify it in our own minds because the people we're attacking are not here to defend themselves.

Disgusting hypocrisy. :roll:

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 8:47 am

Sand wrote:
BellaDonna wrote:
Some people see aspies as the same. Doesn't mean you have to sh** on them because theyre different.

There are lots of people in the world of all sorts of beliefs. None of them are immune to analysis and confrontation. If anything, I am different and a minority. Christians are not a minority and should be able to fend off any analysis of their beliefs with substantiated logic and acceptable attitudes. If they cannot do that it's the fault of their beliefs, not of any valid criticisms.

You're a bully in the making, Sand. WrongPlanet is a haven from bullies UNLESS the bullies are WP members themselves. Or so it seems...

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 8:47 am

Sand wrote:
BellaDonna wrote:

There are lots of people in the world of all sorts of beliefs. None of them are immune to analysis and confrontation. If anything, I am different and a minority and "Do you accept being s**t on because your an "easy target" :?: - as you quoted. Christians are a minority and should be able to fend off any analysis of their beliefs with substantiated logic and acceptable attitudes. If they cannot do that it's the fault of their beliefs, not of any valid criticisms :?: ?

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 9:10 am

Sand wrote:
There are lots of people in the world of all sorts of beliefs. None of them are immune to analysis and confrontation. If anything, I am different and a minority.

Yes, but that's a different thing than using the appeal to ridicule fallacy in order to want to make a point, making fun of an opossite belief doesn't actually prove anything, and often becomes meaningless regarding offering something substantial and with consistency in a discussion, other than wanting to annoy someone you disagree with, and often just because you don't like how they think or what they say, which is very subjective and a very questionable approach.

Quote:
Christians are not a minority and should be able to fend off any analysis of their beliefs with substantiated logic and acceptable attitudes. If they cannot do that it's the fault of their beliefs, not of any valid criticisms.

Well, if they believe to have God on their side, they would not need to worry about it, if they are honest christians, they could be either worry or pleased that the wrath of God could take care of you, depending on how they are and what exactly they believe, I suppose.

Quote:
This is not bullying, it is an attempt to cure the malady.

That assertion doesn't seem to hold that much to be honest, I mean, that statement can be used against AS, people may claim that they are just attempting to cure the malady, or may refuse to believe it exists, which in this case would be AS. Second, what is a malady seems a matter of opinion and a subjective reaction towards something, which that makes it questionable enough.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 10:14 am

greenblue wrote:
Sand wrote:
There are lots of people in the world of all sorts of beliefs. None of them are immune to analysis and confrontation. If anything, I am different and a minority.

Yes, but that's a different thing than using the appeal to ridicule fallacy in order to want to make a point, making fun of an opossite belief doesn't actually prove anything, and often becomes meaningless regarding offering something substantial and with consistency in a discussion, other than wanting to annoy someone you disagree with, and often just because you don't like how they think or what they say, which is very subjective and a very questionable approach.

Quote:
Christians are not a minority and should be able to fend off any analysis of their beliefs with substantiated logic and acceptable attitudes. If they cannot do that it's the fault of their beliefs, not of any valid criticisms.

Well, if they believe to have God on their side, they would not need to worry about it, if they are honest christians, they could be either worry or pleased that the wrath of God could take care of you, depending on how they are and what exactly they believe, I suppose.

Quote:
This is not bullying, it is an attempt to cure the malady.

That assertion doesn't seem to hold that much to be honest, I mean, that statement can be used against AS, people may claim that they are just attempting to cure the malady, or may refuse to believe it exists, which in this case would be AS. Second, what is a malady seems a matter of opinion and a subjective reaction towards something, which that makes it questionable enough.

This accusation of bullying is most peculiar. First of all. Christianity is not a neurological condition. It is a choice made out of decisions about reality. AS people don't choose their condition, Christians do. If my arguments are incisive and unanswerable that's not bullying, its merely presenting the facts as I see it. If Christians believe in gods or angels or heaven or hell I find that unreal and frightfully silly for grown up adults with any understanding of the forces of nature and matter and energy and in the face of very solid research in the matter. These things have to be faced and discussed and if you can make fun of my ideas I welcome the effort as there is far too little humor in the world and life is too short not to have a good laugh about existence.

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 10:25 am

If you don't like or agree with christians why don't you keep your petty opinions to yourself and go find something else to annoy. It is very rude of you to troll on some ones spiritual belief - just because you see them as easy targets.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 10:27 am

Quote:
there is far too little humor in the world and life is too short not to have a good laugh about existence.

This is different than having a go at someone because they don't think the way you do. When it's being done at your expense, that's when you're up in arms about it. When you're the one doing it, it's just having a good laugh about existence.

I roll my eyes. :roll:

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 12:06 pm

BellaDonna wrote:
If you don't like or agree with christians why don't you keep your petty opinions to yourself and go find something else to annoy. It is very rude of you to troll on some ones spiritual belief - just because you see them as easy targets.

You have to stand up and face the fact that not everybody agrees with you. I have as much right to my opinions as you have to yours. Criticize me any way that you find serves your purposes but don't try to tell me I cannot speak. If you feel bullied it's because you cannot produce potent answers to my proposals. Maybe your vulnerability indicates you should examine your outlook a bit more closely. If you really felt confident in your beliefs I could not touch you.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 12:14 pm

BellaDonna wrote:

I 2nd what Sand said. But I'd like to add that organized religion, PARTICULARLY fundamentalism, is much more than just a set of spiritual beliefs! It is a way of life that those who follow seek to IMPOSE on others. THAT is why christians find themselves in the crosshairs of mockery.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 12:34 pm

Sand wrote:
BellaDonna wrote:

You have to stand up and face the fact that not everybody agrees with you. I have as much right to my opinions as you have to yours. Criticize me any way that you find serves your purposes but don't try to tell me I cannot speak. If you feel bullied it's because you cannot produce potent answers to my proposals. Maybe your vulnerability indicates you should examine your outlook a bit more closely. If you really felt confident in your beliefs I could not touch you.

You totally didn't understand what BellaDonna was trying to tell you.

Abu_Zarqawi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Feb 2009, 12:37 pm

jesus would weep if he saw what his teachings had become