jesus would weep if he saw what his teachings had become

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 12:40 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Sand wrote:
BellaDonna wrote:
If you don't like or agree with christians why don't you keep your petty opinions to yourself and go find something else to annoy. It is very rude of you to troll on some ones spiritual belief - just because you see them as easy targets.

You have to stand up and face the fact that not everybody agrees with you. I have as much right to my opinions as you have to yours. Criticize me any way that you find serves your purposes but don't try to tell me I cannot speak. If you feel bullied it's because you cannot produce potent answers to my proposals. Maybe your vulnerability indicates you should examine your outlook a bit more closely. If you really felt confident in your beliefs I could not touch you.

You totally didn't understand what BellaDonna was trying to tell you.

:roll:

Um, I think totally did TBPH. Sand has every right to voice his disagreements with the christians and its rather snide of BellaDonna to call his opinions "petty" just because she doesnt happen to agree with him!

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 12:48 pm

Abu_Zarqawi wrote:
jesus would weep if he saw what his teachings had become

I agree!

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 12:50 pm

Quote:
has every right to voice his disagreements

His "disagreements" consist of taunts, insults, and slander. That is not legitimately an opinion.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 12:58 pm

My beliefs are very important to me.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 1:02 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Quote:
has every right to voice his disagreements

His "disagreements" consist of taunts, insults, and slander. That is not legitimately an opinion.

It sure is. You just don't like it.

ruveyn

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 1:08 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

And my beliefs are important to me. If I see something as silly I will say so. And you have the perfect right to disagree and prove otherwise.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 1:13 pm

Sand wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

And my beliefs are important to me. If I see something as silly I will say so. And you have the perfect right to disagree and prove otherwise.

Sand, some things you can keep to yourself w/o having your beliefs infringed upon. It's not about proving anything to anyone.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 1:22 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Sand wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Sand, some things you can keep to yourself w/o having your beliefs infringed upon. It's not about proving anything to anyone.

This whole thread is about NOT keeping things to yourself. I see the major distortion of reality that religion imposes on the world as a deep threat to human existence and I certainly will not squelch my outlook to please the root cause of this danger. I have not much longer to live and the time I have left I feel should be used as well as I can see it used. Considering the odds I have very little chance of making any impact but I cannot not try.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 1:30 pm

Quote:
This whole thread is about NOT keeping things to yourself.

To myself, you mean.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 1:34 pm

By your logic, I could create a thread of my own and rail on and about how homosexuality is illogical/unnatural/sinful, but I won't. It's rude and it's counterproductive and it serves only to alienate people.

Complete the sentence:

__________ is the better of valour.

Give up? It's discretion.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 1:36 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Quote:
This whole thread is about NOT keeping things to yourself.

To myself, you mean.

To one's self. If you are going to suppress your feelings and your opinions in a discussion the discussion becomes a farce. If you don't like what I say, don't read it. If you are really upset by my opinions that means you grant me at least a modicum of respect for having them. If you have no respect for what I say nothing I say will affect you at all.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 1:44 pm

Since the mods are on vacation in Tahiti, you can say whatever you like. But if you absolutely refuse to censor yourself, you might get youself into some trouble. No, not trouble for speaking your mind, trouble for what you say and how you choose to say it.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 1:53 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Since the mods are on vacation in Tahiti, you can say whatever you like. But if you absolutely refuse to censor yourself, you might get youself into some trouble. No, not trouble for speaking your mind, trouble for what you say and how you choose to say it.

Apparently you are offended deeply because I confessed that I find Christians silly. Am I permitted to be amused by Christian nonsense or is this some sort of net blasphemy?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 2:07 pm

I do not consider it to be nonsense because I am a Christian. I do not consider it to be silly.

Why is it so hard for you to show respect to others?

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 2:20 pm

slowmutant wrote:
I do not consider it to be nonsense because I am a Christian. I do not consider it to be silly.

Why is it so hard for you to show respect to others?

To perceive something as silly is not done lightly or without comparison to the standards I have respected for my whole life. It is highly offensive to me that you should shove your childish nonsense in front of me and declare I should have any respect for it. It does not stand up to any sensible perception of the universe in my paradigm. The human race has to grow up very quickly or destroy itself and all life on this planet and I highly respect the wonders of life on this planet. Religion insofar as I can see it is focused on death and the unsubstantiated daydreams of people I don't respect as to what happens after death. My business concerns life and every minute of it is precious to me. That's where my values lie.