Page 13 of 14 [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Pook
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2009, 11:12 pm

According to scripture no one killed Jesus as "He layed down His life as a randsome for many". So He chose to be a sacrifice to be the bridge between a holy God and unholy humans.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 2:58 am

Pook wrote:
According to scripture no one killed Jesus as "He layed down His life as a randsome for many". So He chose to be a sacrifice to be the bridge between a holy God and unholy humans.

And then popped up in Heaven to enjoy in infinite life after death. Too bad we all can't sneak away like that.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 8:51 am

Sand wrote:
Pook wrote:

And then popped up in Heaven to enjoy in infinite life after death. Too bad we all can't sneak away like that.

Are you jealous of Jesus?

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 12:11 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Sand wrote:
Pook wrote:

Are you jealous of Jesus?

You seem to be asking me if I would like to be God. Actually, if I were to pick a fictitious character to be jealous of I would choose Peter Pan. Although I have a pilot's license I never got the kick out of flying that Peter Pan did. To be God means being a kind of super cop punishing evil and keeping an eye on people doing good. I was never much interested in police work.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 12:15 pm

Take some LSD and you can be Peter Pan for a while.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 12:35 pm

slowmutant wrote:

Since you seem so enamored of Jesus it seems you become Jesus by your recommended process. But, since I am not religious I do not favor kidding myself about reality. It won't work with me.

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 1:26 pm

slowmutant wrote:

But be certain that the windows are well locked (at least if you live in a raised ground floor, the 1st floor or higher).

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 1:29 pm

Sand wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

Since you seem so enamored of Jesus it seems you become Jesus by your recommended process. But, since I am not religious I do not favor kidding myself about reality. It won't work with me.

Enamoured of Jesus? Of course I am. :)

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 1:30 pm

Dussel wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

But be certain that the windows are well locked (at least if you live in a raised ground floor, the 1st floor or higher).

It's not all that mind destroying. I tried LSD once and was amused by the visual distortions for a few hours but found the experience rather boring after a while. I was always aware of what was going on and there was no impulse to jump out of windows.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 1:40 pm

You're really into drugs, aren't you Sand?

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 1:48 pm

Sand wrote:
Dussel wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

It's not all that mind destroying. I tried LSD once and was amused by the visual distortions for a few hours but found the experience rather boring after a while. I was always aware of what was going on and there was no impulse to jump out of windows.

It depends - on the amount of the drug, of the contents of you stomach and the mental state you went into the trip.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 1:49 pm

slowmutant wrote:

Absolutely. I take a baby aspirin every day to prevent blood clots, I take Simvastatin for a cholesterol problem, and Nexium to hold down digestive acid. I drink at least one cup of coffee per day for caffeine and I take vitamins C,B,D and E. I have a really wild time sometimes and drink two cups of coffee. A regimen not for the weak minded but I manage quite well. Considering your comments, I would recommend a laxative to clear your mind.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 2:03 pm

Sand wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

Absolutely. I take a baby aspirin every day to prevent blood clots, I take Simvastatin for a cholesterol problem, and Nexium to hold down digestive acid. I drink at least one cup of coffee per day for caffeine and I take vitamins C,B,D and E. I have a really wild time sometimes and drink two cups of coffee. A regimen not for the weak minded but I manage quite well. Considering your comments, I would recommend a laxative to clear your mind.

I'm not really one to talk. I talk a lot of drugs myself, everyday. But it's never anytihng I have to buy from some shifty guy on the street.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 2:15 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Sand wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

I'm not really one to talk. I talk a lot of drugs myself, everyday. But it's never anytihng I have to buy from some shifty guy on the street.

Since most cars in Finland do not have automatic gear shifts there are lots of shifty guys here in the street But the LSD was given to me to try by a friend and it happened only once back in the late 60's almost half a century ago when I was a mere youth in my early 40's and still had a bit of adventure in my heart. Nothing serious.