Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 10:25 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkVQDWyYpJE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKCCpLTL6tI&NR=1[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AeW_g-jjo4[/youtube]

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 11:47 am

I just hope these people aren't socially conservatively crazy enough to help Christine O'Donnell ram through her agenda.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 5:00 pm

Do you REALLY think they'd take away ALL welfare, including Social Security for the old AND SSI for the disabled AND Medicare/Medicaid AND food stamps AND whatever I haven't thought of? If they took all of that away in one swoop and told people "tough sh*t, get a job", there would be massive riots in virtually every city and town in America that the army would refuse to help put down given that the army would refuse to shoot friends and relatives, followed most likely by a revolution. Given that many Tea Party faithful don't realize that Medicare is a government program, the shock from taking it all away would be too much for the country. Besides, they will most likely spend most of their time trying to impeach Obama, and not actually work to do the things they say they want to. I really doubt they'll criminalize masturbation, but given that certain sex acts between consenting adults have been illegal in some states for a long time, I wouldn't put it past them.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 5:49 pm

Democrats: stupid, just plain stupid.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9yYMxOs7UU[/youtube]

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 6:32 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:

SO MUCH WIN.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 2:17 am

My worst fear was that we had descended into an era where people where blindly loyal to their respective parties.

I knew that this was already largly the case with republicans, but now I see it seems to be the case with democrats too, just as I had feared.

dark days are ahead.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 4:59 am

Like rats from a sinking ship...

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 9:47 am

jmnixon95 wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

SO MUCH WIN.

Even thought the callers were ignorant of what they were saying, I still think they were right on some level. I doubt we would be in a much different world had Gore, Kerry, or McCain won the race. The presidents never do what they promise, and the actions they do take are what they are told to do by advisers. What they say before the elections is what they believe will get them in office. Nowadays, the president is just a distraction from what is really going on and from the people who really run the show. I'm just glad a dark skinned guy got elected so we can be over that hump.

Pretty funny video though.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 9:50 am

Tensu wrote:
My worst fear was that we had descended into an era where people where blindly loyal to their respective parties.

I knew that this was already largly the case with republicans, but now I see it seems to be the case with democrats too, just as I had feared.

dark days are ahead.

You apparently didn't watch the videos I posted. They're all touting the republican line. There are few to no leftists remaining in the senate/congress.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 9:56 am

Quote:
You apparently didn't watch the videos I posted. They're all touting the republican line. There are few to no leftists remaining in the senate/congress.

None of them identified themselves to be democrats. There was no way to identity what party they were in, although,there was some mention of conservative in Chet Edwards video. But they are in the south...

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 9:57 am

takemitsu wrote:
Quote:

None of them identified themselves to be democrats. There was no way to identity what party they were in, although,there was some mention of conservative in Chet Edwards video. But they are in the south...

They're democrats touting the republican line. It's perverse because it means that voting, I have no legitimate options that represent even anything close to my views.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 3:39 pm

skafather84 wrote:
It's perverse because it means that voting, I have no legitimate options that represent even anything close to my views.

Welcome to my world. Voting for the lesser evil gets pretty old when all the pragmatic choices are pretty dang evil, half the time I'm voting to cause as much gridlock as possible to keep anything really stupid from getting passed... :(

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 3:54 pm

Dox47 wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
It's perverse because it means that voting, I have no legitimate options that represent even anything close to my views.

Welcome to my world. Voting for the lesser evil gets pretty old when all the pragmatic choices are pretty dang evil, half the time I'm voting to cause as much gridlock as possible to keep anything really stupid from getting passed... :(

Yeah but gridlock is almost as damaging as the legislation.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 4:46 pm

skafather84 wrote:

FTFY :wink:

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 4:59 pm

Dox47 wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

FTFY :wink:

I said almost because it depends on what it is. To be honest, if a program is 80% efficient, there are many "economic conservatives" who will highlight and emphasize that 20% at the detriment to the 80% success. ACORN would be a good example of this.

http://www.cracked.com/article_17142_5- ... ryday.html

^Also pulled historian's fallacy from there, too. Learn new ways to define things properly every day.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 1:55 pm

skafather84 wrote:

Why? When did legislation help very much? Mark Twain once said: " The Republic is in no greater peril than when Congress is in session"

ruveyn