Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 4:23 pm

Saudi pipeline explosion

Quote:
"An explosion has hit oil pipelines in the flashpoint Saudi Arabian city of Awamiyah in the kingdom's oil-rich Eastern Province," PressTV said on its website.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 4:42 pm

I better not drive my car at all and should only take the bus. Only use the car for grocery shopping or for appointments. Use it less as possible.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 4:57 pm

More news on the price affected:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/saudi-oil ... de-soaring

What good would filling up do though? One tank is gone in less than a week, then we're all stuck with it anyway. Unless one has a really big storage tank of their own, there's really not a thing anybody can do about it.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 5:00 pm

March 1st, 2012

$4.50 here in Eureka, Ca.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

01 Mar 2012, 5:21 pm

^^ Psh, that's cheap! :lol:

Today the price here is around £1.47 per litre ($2.34).
3.7854 litres to 1 US gallon.

Equivalent UK price = $8.85

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 5:25 pm

Cornflake wrote:

Yes, I was in Cornwall for three months in 2009. Still didn't prepare me for $4.50 a gallon in the USA. Does the UK do any drilling? In the North Atlantic maybe?

30 seconds later...oh duh, BP!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 5:47 pm

Cornflake wrote:

For you but for us it's still expensive. At least your money is worth more than our dollar so of course it be very cheap.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

01 Mar 2012, 5:51 pm

shrox wrote:
Cornflake wrote:

Yes, I was in Cornwall for three months in 2009. Still didn't prepare me for $4.50 a gallon in the USA. Does the UK do any drilling? In the North Atlantic maybe?

30 seconds later...oh duh, BP!
It's getting ridiculously expensive and the local 'hit' from your prices will hurt just as much as ours - but I suspect more of our overall price is due to tax.
This is a bit out of date, but it's accurate enough: http://www.petrolprices.com/the-price-of-fuel.html
It would be useful if our keepers would drop the tax a little, but no...

AFAIK all (or certainly most) of our petrol is imported as crude and refined here, so we're at the mercy of fluctuating prices/market speculation like anyone else.
Also, I think "British Petroleum" is officially called just "BP" - strangely, without it meaning British Petroleum. Apparently they think of themselves as bigger than British these days. Or something. :?

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 6:58 pm

MrXxx wrote:

What good would filling up do though? One tank is gone in less than a week, then we're all stuck with it anyway. Unless one has a really big storage tank of their own, there's really not a thing anybody can do about it.

You must have a relatively cushy life if you don't have to worry about gas prices. Majority of people would like to know the best time to fill up.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 7:09 pm

snapcap wrote:
MrXxx wrote:

You must have a relatively cushy life if you don't have to worry about gas prices. Majority of people would like to know the best time to fill up.

I am fortunate though, in Old Town Eureka here I can walk to work and anywhere I need to go.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

01 Mar 2012, 10:30 pm

I informed my family and I filled up. I thought of taking pictures of the current gas prices for memorabilia.
I know within a week or less I will be paying inflated prices, but I like to get a head start.

I read the article...something about Shiite protesters blew it up. That what happens, you can only oppress a people so long before they are no longer afraid pissed off to boot, then Houston you got a problem.

Personally, I dont blame them, however finacially the Shiites have made their oppression everyone's problem, which stategicly puts the spotlight on them. We should hunt down and kill their dictators, and kill over 100,000 ppl in the name of freedom. (sarcasm)

Jojo

Venerab1e1
Toucan
Toucan

01 Mar 2012, 10:36 pm

Man I really need a job :(