Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 1:13 pm

John_Browning wrote:
edgewaters wrote:
John_Browning wrote:
Umm, how are wolves a threat or menace to tar sands?

They aren't, exactly. Tar sands development means loss of caribou habitat, they mean to destroy a great deal with new development like the pipeline. So we have to kill off most of the wolves too, so the few caribou we plan to leave alive can survive.

Using poison for that is bizarre. At their body weight, there aren't many non-military substances that will kill them quickly. Do they have a way to keep other predators/scavengers from eating the bait or the poisoned wolf carcasses?

Why not have a care for our country which will suffer so your country's tycoons can line their pockets. This is not a problem to be solved by killing animals, if they want to take from the tar sands, they need to ensure they will not destroy the environment, which they are progressively getting further and further along with

Last edited by Vigilans on 06 May 2012, 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 1:18 pm

The tattoo on my right arm is not very happy to know his fellow Wolves are being killed. I am a animal rights supporter why kill the wolves when they have just as much of a right to live as we do.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 2:03 pm

People have learned nothing from what happened with the wolves in Yellowstone, it seems. I don't get how poisoning wolves is going to help things, really. What would really help is that people stop using fossil fuels. I know it's not easy, but just look at Denmark and the city of Stockholm in Sweden. They plan to be free of fossil fuels by the year 2050. It's a huge change, and it's taken quite a bit of time and effort, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

I know that is just a few dumb people in government the ones that are doing this and not all Canadians. Canada is actually one of my most favorite countries. Such a beautiful country. Lovely weather, too, from what I've read, especially in winter with short days and long nights. It's a pity the royal family can't step in and help. The queen doesn't have as much power as her predecessor did to make decisions in government and stuff. The Duke of Edinburgh(power conservation), the Prince of Wales(genetically modified foods and the rainforest), and the Duke of Cambridge(protecting wildlife)have environmental interests. The Duke of Cambridge is into protecting wildlife. But they have their schedules full with the Jubilee and everything, not to mention they don't have as much political power as their predecessors. Besides, I think Canada is planning to leave the Commonwealth after Elizabeth II's reign. Elizabeth II will be the last monarch.

If people just had some sense there just wouldn't be this problem. Just because wolves are predators does not mean they're bad. Predators are very important. They help ensure that there is enough food for the herds and ensure that the herds stay healthy. Killing the wolves will only create bigger and more problems. I thought people had learned this from Yellowstone. I guess I was hoping for too much. People will just never learn, it seems.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 2:14 pm

Vigilans wrote:
The Harper Government: Ruining my country one day a time. Any decision made by the conservative party is guaranteed to be supported by less than 30% of Canadians, so please do not judge us all on this f***ing idiot, he is no prime minister, he is the American colonial magistrate

Possibly 30% ... we aren't really sure about that one though, are we? They seem to have some unusual views on "getting out the vote"

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 2:27 pm

persian85033 wrote:
Besides, I think Canada is planning to leave the Commonwealth after Elizabeth II's reign. Elizabeth II will be the last monarch.

Over my dead body, and many other Loyalists besides (the UEL is still active across the country, always will be). Unless the English do it, which might pose something of a problem (even though technically the Queen of England and Queen of Canada are different offices and losing one doesn't automatically abolish the other ... but it would still pose some pretty serious problems for viability).

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 2:29 pm

Canda killing off animals doesn't seem so liberal to me and I thought they where a very liberal country don't liberal protect animal rights?

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 2:50 pm

Joker wrote:
Canda killing off animals doesn't seem so liberal to me and I thought they where a very liberal country don't liberal protect animal rights?

Germany was a very liberal country in the 20s, too.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 2:56 pm

edgewaters wrote:
Joker wrote:

Germany was a very liberal country in the 20s, too.

True in the 20s, your right they where. I just hate seeing how we bully the wildlife I am a very strong animal lover.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 3:04 pm

John_Browning wrote:
Why not do what most states do and issue population control hunting tags for a special hunting season?

I wonder about that too, it is not like there is a shortage of hunters in Canada. I mean, biological warfare on wolves? :lol:

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 3:29 pm

I mean really how can anyone blame a animal for the stupid things human beings do :lol:

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 4:12 pm

Joker wrote:
I mean really how can anyone blame a animal for the stupid things human beings do :lol:

Wolves are not being blamed, they are being culled because Humans have caused caribou population to drop. I have read further on this and some polls show as low as 2% of Canadians support the culling of wolves to cover for oil companies blithe disregard for our country's environment

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 4:21 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Joker wrote:

Wolves are not being blamed, they are being culled because Humans have caused caribou population to drop. I have read further on this and some polls show as low as 2% of Canadians support the culling of wolves to cover for oil companies blithe disregard for our country's environment

That is the Canada that I know but culling wolves to cover for oil companies is very harmful to the enviornment in Canada.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 6:30 pm

I could not even finish reading this.
It is all too stupid. The caribou are wild. When construction starts, they will leave the area. The wolves will go where their prey goes. Canada has a LOT of wilderness.

Sylkat

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 6:44 pm

Why don't they just tranquilize them and transport them somewhere else?

Or put them in protected areas / wildlife parks instead?

Hell, I'll take them and raise them myself if necessary and long as they don't kill them over something as stupid and meaningless, not to mention as cruel a method as this.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 7:50 pm

Sylkat wrote:
I could not even finish reading this.
It is all too stupid. The caribou are wild. When construction starts, they will leave the area. The wolves will go where their prey goes. Canada has a LOT of wilderness.

Sylkat

Thinking it's just endless is how we got in this mess in the first place. Anywhere they go is already supporting what it can support.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 8:10 pm

As an Animal lover this is very disappointing to hear Predators like the wolf play an important part of the eco system.
Humans seem to think they own this world.