Sinn Fein pick Martina Anderson for European Parliament

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 7:00 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18111444 This made me happy when I heard she won the ection. Sinn Fein is the one good politlcal party in Ireland when all the others are just a complete mess.

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 7:28 pm

Are Sinn Fein Euro-sceptics?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 7:39 pm

CSBurks wrote:

Many years ago yes but Garry Adams the leader of Sinn Fein has changed his anti-Euro views they used to be are not any more.

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 7:45 pm

I know a few years ago they opposed the Lisbon Treaty, AKA the European Constitution.

I can't understand why anyone would be pro-EU.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 7:49 pm

CSBurks wrote:
I know a few years ago they opposed the Lisbon Treaty, AKA the European Constitution.

I can't understand why anyone would be pro-EU.

Their not entirely pro-EU Sinn Fein needs a member in the EU parliement for the good of Ireland.

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 7:57 pm

If I were British, I would probably vote UKIP.

If I were Irish, I would scream.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 8:01 pm

Well I'm Irish I scream about the fact that the brits try to forget about 800 years of irish men and women being enslaved by the british and viewed as subhuman.

Also in america people do not view me as white they see me as black the Irish in america are treated the same as mexicans and african americans that is what I scream about.

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 8:08 pm

Joker wrote:
Well I'm Irish I scream about the fact that the brits try to forget about 800 years of irish men and women being enslaved by the british and viewed as subhuman.

Also in america people do not view me as white they see me as black the Irish in america are treated the same as mexicans and african americans that is what I scream about.

I'm going to guess that you really like the movie Gangs of New York...? One of my favourite parts is the draft riots.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 8:16 pm

Oh yeah that is a great movie I alos love the film Michael Colins.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 8:20 pm

Joker wrote:

Only really, really bitter people still think like that in Ireland (and it's mostly in Northern Ireland that people still think like that) these days. Everyone else has moved on.

Should Native Americans be as bitter as you? Should they start bombing targets in their own country as revenge? What the Americans did to the Natives was far worse than anything the British might have done in Ireland. I suggest you take the mote out of your own eye and look at the genocidal warfare that was done in the name of creating an American state before you start spouting off about another country's foreign policy.

The Irish people are not enslaved (well, not by the UK anyway), the Republic of Ireland is a peaceful, democratic (ahahahahahaha - I'm joking with this one) and largely sensible nation, Northern Ireland's people are mostly quite happy remaining in the UK. Only the bitterest, most hateful extremes of either side have opinions like you do and if you came out with that nonsense you come out with on here in Ireland itself you'd be laughed at and humiliated.

The Irish are liked and admired by many in the UK - many of them live here in England and most never experience any bigotry or problems for being Irish.

Last edited by Tequila on 18 May 2012, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 8:23 pm

Tequila wrote:
Joker wrote:

Only really, really bitter people still think like that in Ireland (and it's mostly in Northern Ireland that people still think like that) these days. Everyone else has moved on.

Should Native Americans be as bitter as Irish people? Should they start bombing targets in their own country as revenge? What the Americans did to the Natives was far worse than anything the British might have done in Ireland. I suggest you take the mote out of your own eye and look at the genocidal warfare that was done in the name of creating an American state before you start spouting off about another country's foreign policy.

The Irish people are not enslaved (well, not by the UK anyway), the Republic of Ireland is a peaceful, democratic and largely sensible nation, Northern Ireland's people are mostly quite happy remaining in the UK. Only the bitterest, most hateful extremes of either side have opinions like you do and if you came out with that nonsense you come out with on here in Ireland itself you'd be laughed at and humiliated.

You can never for get facts and history btw native americans are the most peacful people parts of Ireland believe it or not share the same views as me you can't blame then for being bitter.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 8:26 pm

Joker wrote:
You can never for get facts and history btw native americans are the most peacful people parts of Ireland believe it or not share the same views as me you can't blame then for being bitter.

Yes, but you don't use history to bludgeon people with your political viewpoint. That's happened in Ireland for centuries. Just remember the past and move on to a brighter future. The past is done to death in Ireland - every TV show, radio show, newspaper and Irish politics website does it to death.

Most people in Northern Ireland are quite happy being in the UK and just want to get on with life. There's a minority of backward obsessives on either side. It's like anywhere - 5% of the people cause 90% of the trouble.

Last edited by Tequila on 18 May 2012, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 8:28 pm

CSBurks wrote:

Very, very soft eurosceptics. Barely eurosceptics at all.

There are no eurosceptic parties in the Republic and no serious ones in Northern Ireland apart from UKIP (very small and new, and has one councillor) and the hardline TUV.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 8:30 pm

Quote:
For over 30 years, the IRA showed that the British government could not rule Ireland on its own terms.

Because you won't cave into our political viewpoint, we will go into one of your local bars and machine-gun everyone we see in there - some of whom might be your friends or relatives.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 8:34 pm

I understand that and it just makes me sad the fact that their happy being apart of the UK. It would make more sense uniting Ireland as one country instead of it being divided. If the irish wanted that to happen it would not make the UK very happy.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 8:40 pm

Joker wrote:
I understand that and it just makes me sad the fact that their happy being apart of the UK.

Do you think that killing people - the majority, I'll add - who want their country to remain in the UK will make those people warm to you and your political viewpoints?! !

If you were pro-abortion, would you respect the anti-abortion viewpoint any more if anti-abortionists kidnapped a relative and beat him to death or came round to your house and gave you a kicking?!