Jewish settlers filmed shooting Palestinian protester

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2012, 3:21 pm

Aelfwine wrote:

I hate the near east conflict but it is also very interesting.
This is an example in history what happens when every country doing something wrong.
Is there at least one example of good decisions and solutions in this conflict?
We need there solutions as fast as possible.

Another thing you can think about is whether they understood the problems they would have caused by clearing and settling the land in 1948. I really think they did, but didn't care. The west wanted more of a stake in that portion of the world after all, and they got their foot in the door by organizing the 51st state of the US.

If the area gets annihilated, that would solve the problem, but then New Israel will probably be situated in the US.

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2012, 3:24 pm

snapcap wrote:
Aelfwine wrote:

This is an example in history what happens when every country doing something wrong.

Another thing you can think about is whether they understood the problems they would have caused by clearing and settling the land in 1948. I really think they did, but didn't care. The west wanted more of a stake in that portion of the world after all, and they got their foot in the door by organizing the 51st state of the US.

If the area gets annihilated, that would solve the problem, but then New Israel will probably be situated in the US.

New Israel?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2012, 3:29 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Aelfwine wrote:

New Israel?

Kind of like the New Coke. But then again the current Israel really is the New Israel, so maybe it will just stay Israel.

:D

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2012, 3:55 pm

snapcap wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Aelfwine wrote:

New Israel?

Kind of like the New Coke. But then again the current Israel really is the New Israel, so maybe it will just stay Israel.

:D

Okay, I didn't know if you were talking about some sort of rapture thing or other.

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2012, 4:55 pm

Aelfwine wrote:

It is illegal to obtain territory through war. Therefore, the solution is for Israel to return the territory that it illegally obtained through war. It isn't any more complicated than that.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2012, 11:04 pm

Aelfwine wrote:
No matter whether this shot was self defense or not, every dead person prevents a solution of this conflict.
If you kill somebody it is morally wrong even if it is self defense.

It cannot be morally wrong to kill someone in self defense.................

Aelfwine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 May 2012, 6:19 am

Quote:
Paptor wrote:
It cannot be morally wrong to kill someone in self defense.................

Yes, there is a right for self defense and in some situations it is the only way to kill or hurt someone.
But it is always bad when a person is injured by an act.
I think everything which is bad is morally wrong even if it is sometimes useful or necessary.

Quote:
Declension wrote:
It is illegal to obtain territory through war. Therefore, the solution is for Israel to return the territory that it illegally obtained through war. It isn't any more complicated than that.

Yes it is illegal, but do you want to displace the settlers and the settlements. It is also wrong to cause new suffering.
So I think smaller settlements should be resolved and Israel should give some other land as an exchange for the bigger settlements to the Westbank.

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 6:32 am

Aelfwine wrote:
Yes it is illegal, but do you want to displace the settlers and the settlements. It is also wrong to cause new suffering.

This isn't ancient history. It is a relatively recent crime, and it can be put right. Displacement is not the worst thing imaginable, and I'm sure that the displaced settlers could receive some sort of compensation.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 1:00 pm

Declension wrote:
Aelfwine wrote:

This isn't ancient history. It is a relatively recent crime, and it can be put right. Displacement is not the worst thing imaginable, and I'm sure that the displaced settlers could receive some sort of compensation.

They weren't just displaced, they were killed and they live in a prison state, and it messed up the psychology of the people in the surrounding areas. I don't recall extremism being a big problem before 1948.

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 1:15 pm

No offense, but it shocks me how much attention every dead Palestinian gets, while other people are fighting wars.

Some years ago the Zimbabweans fought for freedom, against Mugabe, I thought there were about 3000 violent deaths per day. Then, 6 Palestinians got killed. The war in the Gaza zone seemed to increase (and yes it did, but that wasn't clear yet). After the dead Palestinians the papers were full of articles and very interesting opinions on the conflict. Apparently Zimbabwe was voor gooseberry season because these people got totally forgotten. You actually saw a class of kids mourning those Palestinians (muslims) and that was the last drop, as if the death of some Palestinians is so far worse than the death of many thousands of other people.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 1:16 pm

YourMajesty wrote:
No offense, but it shocks me how much attention every dead Palestinian gets, while other people are fighting wars.

Precisely. Can you smell how false the concern of the lefties is or is it just me?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 1:17 pm

Aelfwine wrote:
But it is always bad when a person is injured by an act.

The only thing bad about it is that a person was stupid enough to get themselves hurt or killed.

Aelfwine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 May 2012, 1:29 pm

Quote:
YourMajesty wrote:

Yes, there are many conflicts and sad things on world without any attention (for example Western Sahara or your example Zimbabwe). But that does not mean that a dead Palestinian should not get attention. We should be alert to any conflict on the world.

Quote:
Tequila wrote:
The only thing bad about it is that a person was stupid enough to get themselves hurt or killed.

Nobody of us was there, so we can't say that it was self-defense or not or stupid.
We can not say who was right or who had provoked the other.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 1:36 pm

YourMajesty wrote:

Some years ago the Zimbabweans fought for freedom, against Mugabe, I thought there were about 3000 violent deaths per day. Then, 6 Palestinians got killed. The war in the Gaza zone seemed to increase (and yes it did, but that wasn't clear yet). After the dead Palestinians the papers were full of articles and very interesting opinions on the conflict. Apparently Zimbabwe was voor gooseberry season because these people got totally forgotten. You actually saw a class of kids mourning those Palestinians (muslims) and that was the last drop, as if the death of some Palestinians is so far worse than the death of many thousands of other people.

One thing about the plight in Palestine is that it could trigger a world war. That's why it seems to be more of a pressing issue to me.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 3:55 pm

snapcap wrote:
YourMajesty wrote:

One thing about the plight in Palestine is that it could trigger a world war. That's why it seems to be more of a pressing issue to me.

Christians, Jews and Muslims all hold that land sacred, so naturally they are going to pay more attention to it than some bush war they don't care about

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 4:05 pm

Vigilans wrote:
snapcap wrote:
YourMajesty wrote:

Christians, Jews and Muslims all hold that land sacred, so naturally they are going to pay more attention to it than some bush war they don't care about

There's another level of crazy that clouds that area.