How do you hideout in America in this day and age

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 10:56 pm

jojobean wrote:
johansen wrote:
If you don't have the money to buy a new vehicle then you will literally have to strip it down to the frame to find a gps tracker.
You won't find it from the RF signature. most of the trackers civilians can get their hands on use standard GSM cellphone technology to phone home every hour, every day or every week. the bug itself has no rf output for 99.9% of the time..and you're not going to be able to tell the difference between it and someone's cellphone within half a mile of you.

Assuming you do find something, you need to start a proper investigation...nope, it sure as hell don't start with your local police.

what's the price of a shotgun these days? rudimentary security is cheap.. use it. i've got laser trip wires outside my house.

your right about the local police, even the times she was raped, they just wrote a report and it went into file 13.

laser trip wires? d@mn! shotguns are about 300-600 dollars...looked into getting one. I have one, but it is non-functional, need to get a new one.

If you live with your mom and if she is prohibited from having a gun, you will need to keep it and the ammo in a a locked room only you can access, or lockbox/safe. You can still store it loaded. If you go to buy one, omit any mention of being spied on or anything like that. Don't volunteer any information and chances are they won't really care. If asked, go with the standard "my neighborhood is getting worse/concerned about hoods hanging around" explanation. Also learn your state's self defense laws and learn how to use it!. To avoid appearing to be the aggressor (brandishing a weapon), ever wave it around, and don't point it at anyone until you are about ready to shoot! No matter how scared you may be, even stand your ground states require that someone make an attempt to hurt you before you can shoot them (in most states, they exempt home invasions). In the event you are ever attacked and shoot and wound someone, you can't shoot them again if they can't or won't fight anymore! In other words, disregard everything you've seen or heard about guns and self defense in the media and get expert instruction!

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 8:11 am

My mom calls the police sometimes, but they don't take her seriously. That's because she has dementia, and is calling to report a stranger (her husband) is in her house.

If the police don't take your mother seriously when she reports being raped, it is probably because they don't believe her. It is very difficult nowadays to have anyone sent to a psychiatric facility against their will, so there's not much they can do but tell her they'll file a report and send her on her way. They can only intervene if she is an immediate danger to herself or others.