How do you hideout in America in this day and age

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

30 May 2012, 9:50 pm

I am back,....thanks for all the advice. I will indeed have to make some sacrifices when I am ready to go underground.
I am okay as I will be, Inventor... I am alot tougher than I seem, kinda like a willow tree....thrash around in a storm, but never break.
I think I am going to get a class ring for my graduation from the school of hard knocks. :wink:

Mom wanted to leave me in Oklahoma with my natural father who has connections with the local police there so he can keep me safe while she kills herself. I told her that I would not allow her to do that, simply not an option. So I am back home now.

How do you fake your own death??
Will a counter-survelence bug finder be able to locate GPS on a vehicle? I dont have the cash to plop down for a new vehicle.

Jojo

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 9:51 pm

Don't you think your getting a little paranoid?

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

30 May 2012, 11:00 pm

snapcap wrote:
Don't you think your getting a little paranoid?

I wish I was just paranoid. It is very hard for me to talk about, this has been going on for 7 years, I have complex PTSD and my mother has been nearly killed many times, raped several times, our animals killed and our house broken it repeatedly, our family threatened and I wish this was all just a bad dream that I could wake up from. It is hard enough for me to discuss this without people questioning my sanity. I dont like talking about it for this reason, but I need solutions. I cant keep ignoring it and hoping it will go away.

Jojo

johansen
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 May 2012, 1:48 am

If you don't have the money to buy a new vehicle then you will literally have to strip it down to the frame to find a gps tracker.
You won't find it from the RF signature. most of the trackers civilians can get their hands on use standard GSM cellphone technology to phone home every hour, every day or every week. the bug itself has no rf output for 99.9% of the time..and you're not going to be able to tell the difference between it and someone's cellphone within half a mile of you.

Assuming you do find something, you need to start a proper investigation...nope, it sure as hell don't start with your local police.

what's the price of a shotgun these days? rudimentary security is cheap.. use it. i've got laser trip wires outside my house.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 4:21 am

jojobean wrote:
Will a counter-survelence bug finder be able to locate GPS on a vehicle? I dont have the cash to plop down for a new vehicle.

Jojo

To fake your own death, you need to do something where a body can't be located or recovered. Make sure you do not have any warrants at all before doing this. Also, never collect any money from faking your death and don't let anyone else collect it either. You could run into problems with fraud or identity theft if your new identity costs someone money that would have not otherwise paid. Save your old DL/ID, birth certificate, SS card, and passport (if you have one). In case you ever need to surface again and prove who you are.

Looking for GPS is still relatively simple but may be time consuming. It can be under the bumpers, somewhere on or near the exposed under side of the chassis, or tucked somewhere on the outside of the engine, and some be spliced to the battery cable anywhere along it's length from the battery to the engine. They can only hide it so well becaue they have to get in and out as fast as possible to reduce the risk of getting spotted. It's not like LoJack, where they can spend all week working on it. That all is probably a moot point since the US supreme court struck down GPS tracking without a warrant.

The best place to find literature on that is a gun show. Just dress similar to local rednecks and bring cash. If anyone happens to hit you up in a political discussion that's hard to disengage, just BS them and play along until an out opens up. It likely won't go beyond talking points anyway. :wink:

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 7:57 am

I think your mother is ill.
It can be hard to recognize mental illness in someone who is so close to you, especially someone who has raised you.
I hope you will tell a teacher or another family member what is going on.
I wish you clarity.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 10:45 am

John_Browning wrote:
Just dress similar to local rednecks and bring cash.

Try not to look "weird" or like a terrorist!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBdMQfVwEQE[/youtube]

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 11:50 am

I always, *always* pay in cash. I'm socially awkward and tend to twitch/fidget and look uneasy. I must be a terrorist!!

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 1:11 pm

I read an article once that said security at "big box" stores such as Walmart and Target find it suspicious whenever anyone leaves without buying anything. Now every time I walk out without making a purchase, I feel like I'm about to be tackled! :lol:

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 3:22 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
I read an article once that said security at "big box" stores such as Walmart and Target find it suspicious whenever anyone leaves without buying anything. Now every time I walk out without making a purchase, I feel like I'm about to be tackled! :lol:

Hey! You! Stop! You breathed some air while in the store. You've got to pay for it! 8O

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 3:47 pm

YippySkippy wrote:

One time my mom paid for a few items, the cashier said if you dont mind, the reciept machine doesnt work. Mom said that was okay, I tried to get the cashier to write out on paper her purchases, but she ignored me. As we were leaving, the store manager stopped us and told us that we were shoplifting cuz we had no reciept. We paid in cash so we had no proof that we paid and had to pay for the items again to prevent getting arrested.

As we were leaving the second time, I saw the reciept printer was working fine for another customer who had just a few things too.

Jojo

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 5:25 pm

John_Browning wrote:
jojobean wrote:

Jojo

To fake your own death, you need to do something where a body can't be located or recovered. Make sure you do not have any warrants at all before doing this. Also, never collect any money from faking your death and don't let anyone else collect it either. You could run into problems with fraud or identity theft if your new identity costs someone money that would have not otherwise paid. Save your old DL/ID, birth certificate, SS card, and passport (if you have one). In case you ever need to surface again and prove who you are.

Looking for GPS is still relatively simple but may be time consuming. It can be under the bumpers, somewhere on or near the exposed under side of the chassis, or tucked somewhere on the outside of the engine, and some be spliced to the battery cable anywhere along it's length from the battery to the engine. They can only hide it so well becaue they have to get in and out as fast as possible to reduce the risk of getting spotted. It's not like LoJack, where they can spend all week working on it. That all is probably a moot point since the US supreme court struck down GPS tracking without a warrant.

The best place to find literature on that is a gun show. Just dress similar to local rednecks and bring cash. If anyone happens to hit you up in a political discussion that's hard to disengage, just BS them and play along until an out opens up. It likely won't go beyond talking points anyway. :wink:

good advice, thanx

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 5:29 pm

johansen wrote:
If you don't have the money to buy a new vehicle then you will literally have to strip it down to the frame to find a gps tracker.
You won't find it from the RF signature. most of the trackers civilians can get their hands on use standard GSM cellphone technology to phone home every hour, every day or every week. the bug itself has no rf output for 99.9% of the time..and you're not going to be able to tell the difference between it and someone's cellphone within half a mile of you.

Assuming you do find something, you need to start a proper investigation...nope, it sure as hell don't start with your local police.

what's the price of a shotgun these days? rudimentary security is cheap.. use it. i've got laser trip wires outside my house.

your right about the local police, even the times she was raped, they just wrote a report and it went into file 13.

laser trip wires? d@mn! shotguns are about 300-600 dollars...looked into getting one. I have one, but it is non-functional, need to get a new one.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 10:27 pm

YippySkippy wrote:

At least in California they can't stop you if nobody sees you take anything-even if the sensors at the door go off. I usually have something (still not sure what) that sets those things off a lot and I've never been stopped.

-Sigmund Freud

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 10:53 pm

If you live in America hide out in West Virginia because the Government doesnt care what you do their expect if your moonshining they do :lol: or bootlegging.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 10:56 pm

jojobean wrote:
johansen wrote:

your right about the local police, even the times she was raped, they just wrote a report and it went into file 13.

laser trip wires? d@mn! shotguns are about 300-600 dollars...looked into getting one. I have one, but it is non-functional, need to get a new one.

If you live with your mom and if she is prohibited from having a gun, you will need to keep it and the ammo in a a locked room only you can access, or lockbox/safe. You can still store it loaded. If you go to buy one, omit any mention of being spied on or anything like that. Don't volunteer any information and chances are they won't really care. If asked, go with the standard "my neighborhood is getting worse/concerned about hoods hanging around" explanation. Also learn your state's self defense laws and learn how to use it!. To avoid appearing to be the aggressor (brandishing a weapon), ever wave it around, and don't point it at anyone until you are about ready to shoot! No matter how scared you may be, even stand your ground states require that someone make an attempt to hurt you before you can shoot them (in most states, they exempt home invasions). In the event you are ever attacked and shoot and wound someone, you can't shoot them again if they can't or won't fight anymore! In other words, disregard everything you've seen or heard about guns and self defense in the media and get expert instruction!

-Sigmund Freud