Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Gravechylde
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Apr 2012, 7:19 pm

Quote:
Employees of the US military contracting group Academi (formerly Xe, Blackwater USA and Blackwater Worldwide) are seen in new leaked video shooting their machine guns at random while driving through the streets of Baghdad, crashing into other cars and even running over a pedestrian without hesitation.

Link to videos

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 5:53 pm

Erik Prince's violent death would be a welcome development. Unfortunately I expect that the American government would pull out all the stops to avenge such an act of justice.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 5:58 pm

There's going to be stuff coming out about that war over the next 50 or 60 years, I imagine. I'll probably be dead before they figure the public is ready for the really, really bad stuff.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 7:28 pm

US are big hypocrites considering what happened in Fallujah.

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 9:44 pm

WikiLeaks cable: U.S. troops murdered Iraqi children, elderly, in raid

Quote:
According to a diplomatic cable published by WikiLeaks, U.S. troops willfully massacred an Iraqi family in the town of Ishaqi in 2006, handcuffing and then shooting 11 people in the head including a woman in her 70′s and five children ages five and under.

Expect more discoveries like this to reveal itself.

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 10:04 pm

I thought there was some new development with the remaining contractors over there. All that stuff is old! :roll:

snapcap wrote:
US are big hypocrites considering what happened in Fallujah.

We gave 2 weeks advance notice that we were going to attack Fallujah and let terrorists enter. The decision was made to comb and purge the city of terrorists because it was for all practical purposes controlled by them. After the assault began, remaining women and children were still allowed to leave.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 10:32 pm

What was done to Fallujah to avenge miserable Blackwater is one of the greatest crimes of history. The number of children ruined by deformities because of the nuclear waste aerosol to which that city was submitted exceeds the horrors of Hiroshima. The radiation levels are comparable to those there. See the pictures of the children of Fallujah and to think it was for miserable Blackwater, this is one of the biggest crimes EVER!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 1:13 am

I am ashamed of my government.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 7:51 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Why take it so hard? You ought to know by now governments are no damned good. They are run by people who think it is their place to tell everyone else what to do and how to do it. Governments are pure sh*t and the only excuse for having a government is that no having a government would be worse.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 1:11 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Why take it so hard? You ought to know by now governments are no damned good. They are run by people who think it is their place to tell everyone else what to do and how to do it. Governments are pure sh*t and the only excuse for having a government is that no having a government would be worse.

ruveyn

I'm talking about hiring mercenaries who are left unaccountable for their murder of innocent civilians. Our government has hit a low for hiring these dirtbags.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 1:29 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

I'm talking about hiring mercenaries who are left unaccountable for their murder of innocent civilians. Our government has hit a low for hiring these dirtbags.

What about the murder of aboriginal tribes people, including women and children. General Custer made a career out of do massacres of entire villages. And that was in the 19th century.

Our government has always been low. Since 1787. It has never been high, not once in its history.

Sometimes it is lower than at other times, but it is always low.

There are no good governments. Only bad governments and worse governments.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 8:42 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

What about the murder of aboriginal tribes people, including women and children. General Custer made a career out of do massacres of entire villages. And that was in the 19th century.

Our government has always been low. Since 1787. It has never been high, not once in its history.

Sometimes it is lower than at other times, but it is always low.

There are no good governments. Only bad governments and worse governments.

ruveyn

I'll agree with you about Custer, and the reprehensible actions of the United States government in their attempted genocide against Native Americans.

cammyyy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 May 2012, 10:27 pm

The United States is really f*****g up Afghanistan now too. ISAF was doing a good, if not slow, job, then the US came in. So far they've burned the Koran (pissing everyone off), and one of their soldiers (Staff Sergeant Bales?) killed nearly 20 civilians. What else have they done?

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 10:31 pm

cammyyy wrote:
The United States is really f***ing up Afghanistan now too. ISAF was doing a good, if not slow, job, then the US came in. So far they've burned the Koran (pissing everyone off), and one of their soldiers (Staff Sergeant Bales?) killed nearly 20 civilians. What else have they done?

The discipline in US forces is an utter disgrace. Massacres, naked sex torture, desecration of the dead, defiling the local religions. It's absurd.

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 8:46 am

To be honest, I think the United States Army should immediately withdraw from all areas where it's allowed to keep prisoners or fight. They're not very succesful at it. Afghanistan is actually very comparable to Vietnam - the moment the Americans withdraw, the Taliban moves back in and assumes control. You can't fight unconventional forces with conventional forces. And bombing towns killing innocent civilians is not going to increase your popularity either, even though Obama seems to think so. It's a war of attrition, and the Taliban is much more willing than NATO to lose a lot of lives. It's a lost war, and it's been that way for the past eleven years. There are Taliban-controlled checkpoints only a few miles from Kabul, and even the city itself is subject to uprisings and invasions every few months.

These mercenaries, of course, are the lowest tier on that spectrum - and that's positively amazing. I wonder if a high school diploma disqualifies you from being able to apply for Blackwater or whatever they call it now.

cammyyy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 May 2012, 11:38 pm

[quote="HisDivineMajesty] You can't fight unconventional forces with conventional forces [/quote]
Something so blatantly obvious, yet the US cannot seem to understand this.