Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 2:09 pm

Here are my two cents on this whole debacle. First off what these kids did was wrong, I'm definitely not trying to argue otherwise. These kids are pieces of s**t and should be punished. What I DON'T agree with is the praise that has been given to this Karen b***h. Just because she was not mentally capable of preforming her job does not mean we should be giving her half a million dollars. People get made fun of everyday, do we give every person who gets made fun of half a million dollars? No we f*****g don't. And this womans job was to realize that kids are mean and do stupid things, she should have just ignored it and not let it affect her, yet not only did she let it affect her she even went off at these kids a few points. If I was her boss I'd be firing her for not having the ability to preform her job correctly, NOT giving her half a million dollars and calling her a f*****g hero (which yes, some people are actually calling her a hero).
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l93wAqnPQwk&feature=share[/youtube]

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 2:28 pm

What exactly would you want her to do? Give the little punks a crack upside the head? Physically throw them off the buss? She would face criminal charges in both cases?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 2:34 pm

Silver_Meteor wrote:
What exactly would you want her to do? Give the little punks a crack upside the head? Physically throw them off the buss? She would face criminal charges in both cases?

She should have gotten up and made the bus driver stop the bus and lecture. That's procedure where I live. Kids never would have gotten away with that. Why do they let them get away with it in certain areas, doing nothing. Around here kids are expected to behave on buses. They can talk and socialize, but if they get too rowdy, bus driver stops the bus and will not continue until they all sit down and be quiet. If they get too bad, bus driver can take them to the principal.

What happened here is nothing! There wasn't any discipline at all. When there isn't any, kids can really misbehave. This why you have to go up the chain of authority and do it early, not letting them go on and on for twenty minutes, gaining energy. As soon as the kids act up, go to the bus driver, stop the bus and threaten the kids with detention and trips to the principal. A lot of times this same sort of thing happens when kids bully other kids. Teachers and staff do nothing and it gets worse and worse. This video is proof of what happens when one does nothing about abusive behavior except people don't get a million dollars for enduring it, for the most part. Man, if I could get a million dollars for going through crap like that, I'd put up with it, lol.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 2:46 pm

Silver_Meteor wrote:

They are kids, she should have ignored them and not tried to seek media attention and free money for this. She's a typical democrat, will use any attempt she can to mooch off of society.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Silver_Meteor wrote:

She should have gotten up and made the bus driver stop the bus and lecture. That's procedure where I live. Kids never would have gotten away with that. Why do they let them get away with it in certain areas, doing nothing. Around here kids are expected to behave on buses. They can talk and socialize, but if they get too rowdy, bus driver stops the bus and will not continue until they all sit down and be quiet. If they get too bad, bus driver can take them to the principal.

What happened here is nothing! There wasn't any discipline at all. When there isn't any, kids can really misbehave. This why you have to go up the chain of authority and do it early, not letting them go on and on for twenty minutes, gaining energy. As soon as the kids act up, go to the bus driver, stop the bus and threaten the kids with detention and trips to the principal. A lot of times this same sort of thing happens when kids bully other kids. Teachers and staff do nothing and it gets worse and worse. This video is proof of what happens when one does nothing about abusive behavior except people don't get a million dollars for enduring it, for the most part. Man, if I could get a million dollars for going through crap like that, I'd put up with it, lol.

Some kind of discipline would have been good as well. She should have at least gone and told a teacher, or told the kids they would be talking to the principal when they got back to the school and just ignored them the rest of the way. But the way she broke down and showed she couldn't handle her job just shows that she shouldn't have been in that job in the first place. SHE DOES NOT DESERVE THIS MONEY AND PRAISE SHE IS GETTING FOR NOT DOING HER JOB!

oceandrop
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jul 2012, 3:00 pm

It's not about her it's about the principle of the majority demonstrating compassion and love towards a person who was treated without compassion and love by a minority. It's a good gesture and restores some Faith in the world and in the goodwill of most people.

What I was less than impressed with about Karen is her hesitancy to forgive them. In interviews she acknowledged that she had received letters or visits from the kids involved apologizing, but she felt it was not enough. She wanted them to be banned from team sports at school and she made other comments which suggest she doesn't forgive them but wants some kind of justice, vengeance, punishment, whatever you call it above and beyond the punishment they already received (public exposure resulting in endless hate messages sent to their phones and their families). That was very disappointing.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 3:02 pm

So long as the media can spin a good story, the compassion of others may be depended upon to deliver

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 3:22 pm

Xenu wrote:
Silver_Meteor wrote:

They are kids, she should have ignored them and not tried to seek media attention and free money for this. She's a typical democrat, will use any attempt she can to mooch off of society.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Silver_Meteor wrote:

Some kind of discipline would have been good as well. She should have at least gone and told a teacher, or told the kids they would be talking to the principal when they got back to the school and just ignored them the rest of the way. But the way she broke down and showed she couldn't handle her job just shows that she shouldn't have been in that job in the first place. SHE DOES NOT DESERVE THIS MONEY AND PRAISE SHE IS GETTING FOR NOT DOING HER JOB!

Actually I am just jealous she got the money. My belief is we should all get that kind of money for putting up with crap, not just her.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 3:24 pm

oceandrop wrote:
What I was less than impressed with about Karen is her hesitancy to forgive them. In interviews she acknowledged that she had received letters or visits from the kids involved apologizing, but she felt it was not enough. She wanted them to be banned from team sports at school and she made other comments which suggest she doesn't forgive them but wants some kind of justice, vengeance, punishment, whatever you call it above and beyond the punishment they already received (public exposure resulting in endless hate messages sent to their phones and their families). That was very disappointing.

Exactly! She's a mean spirited old b***h. Hell you could even tell in the video that she didn't seem to be a very nice person. The kids weren't in the right to go crazy on her like they did but how do we know that she wasn't instigating things first and stopped once they pulled the camera out?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 3:26 pm

Xenu wrote:
oceandrop wrote:

Exactly! She's a mean spirited old b***h. Hell you could even tell in the video that she didn't seem to be a very nice person. The kids weren't in the right to go crazy on her like they did but how do we know that she wasn't instigating things first and stopped once they pulled the camera out?

She didn't seem mean to me, just ineffectual.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 3:59 pm

Its a conspiracy.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 10:36 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Silver_Meteor wrote:

I would have to agree on this point. If this happened on our school's buses, the driver would have pulled over and given you a rather thorough a**-reaming, that's for sure! Not to mention, the monitor would have chastized you as well. The driver would have returned to the school and reported you to the principal. I know, I've seen it happen before (student fighting another student and a student smoking marijuana in the back of the bus).

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 10:45 am

couple things:

1. I would like to know what she was supposed to do. Was there a procedure in place for such situations? Did she have authority to issue detentions, suspensions, and such? If she had no authority, then the school has some responsibility for what happened - you can't ask someone to maintain order without giving them tools with which to do so.
2. Does this school not have rules against students filming on school grounds and school buses? Students should not be allowed to bring phones with cameras to school, in my opinion.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 2:28 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Silver_Meteor wrote:

I would have to agree on this point. If this happened on our school's buses, the driver would have pulled over and given you a rather thorough a**-reaming, that's for sure! Not to mention, the monitor would have chastized you as well. The driver would have returned to the school and reported you to the principal. I know, I've seen it happen before (student fighting another student and a student smoking marijuana in the back of the bus).

That's what would have happened here. Being on a school bus is treated the same as being in school. Bus drivers don't put up with people's crap.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 3:58 pm

I think the OP should give her a break anyone can have a bad day.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 8:29 pm

"scared straight" would be a good lesson for those punks.

WintersTale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jul 2012, 10:59 pm

Bullying is wrong. What they said to her was wrong.

If she was mean towards the kids, they deserved it. They should have to do community service for even half of the stuff they said. It was a hate crime, and it's sick how Americans aren't taught to respect their elders anymore.

Does she deserve the money for taking the crap they dished out? Perhaps not. But that doesn't mean that justice wasn't served in this case.