National Journal - Don't Stigmatize Asperger's 12/16/2012

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 7:23 am

This article was written for the National Journal last night (there is also a follow up written about an hour ago).

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics ... mostViewed

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 8:00 am

I hope people will hear. Now-- how do we get this to go as viral as all the half-assed, out-of-context SBC quotes and "monster" remarks???

Wish I had a printer. I'd mail it to Grandma. The church circle's got her chasing her tail.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2012, 12:17 pm

I've seen the author of the article interviewed recently on both CNN and MSNBC regarding his son with Asperger's. I'm very happy he is speaking out on behalf of not only his son, but for all of us.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Aspie516
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Dec 2012, 2:31 pm

My kids are upset by the news stories identifying Lanza as ASD...even though they seem to believe me when I say that is Not why this happened. They are stigmatized enough, especially my younger ones in mainstream. Idk what to say, heart is heavy with trying to soothe their fears and help them not care what ppl think...both seeming impossible