NOT GOOD, Connecticut shooter was diagnosed with Aspergers..

Page 1 of 28 [ 446 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 10:32 pm

MikeW999 wrote:
Roxas_XIII wrote:
Goddess DAMN it this is really starting to piss me off. They want to see an Aspie go postal? The next f**** that decides that having Asperger's is an excuse to shoot people at random is going to be down the barrel from MY gun. And I'm a pretty good marksman.

And course doesn't help that the media sees this issue as merely a profitable story (playing off peoples fears == more airtime == $$$). I swear to Goddess this world has gone to sh**. Part of me hopes the Mayans were right and we only have a week left until humanity's extinction. Not that humanity needs a cataclysm to facilitate it's own demise, they're doing a pretty Goddess-damned job of it on their own IMHO.

Please dude. Don't give them more ammo(no pun intended), this is the last thing we need. Show them by making it far in life like Einstein did. We are so intelligent, self reliant and we have put up with a lot of bullying, we are emotionally stronger in that regard. We can get back at them in other ways.

Sorry, but my first reaction to stuff like this is to rant. It's a character flaw of mine, in fact one of a few factors that cost me my relationship with Kyuuchan, so it's something that I'm trying to change. Apparently not quite there yet. Some days are better than others.

That said, I totally agree. I mean, Kyuuchan once told me that the majority of her school teachers thought she was destined to be a knocked up 16-yr-old dropout, and as such, her sole motivation to succeed was so that she could (in her mind) single out everyone at her graduation who said she'd never make it, look directly at them, and raise both of her middle fingers high in the air.

As bad as that sounds, that's a big portion of my drive to become successful, something that has recently been nurtured and encouraged via sudden unforseen opportunities - mainly Kyuuchan deciding I can stay her friend, but also because there's a tech park being built in Laramie that will coincide with my anticipated graduation date, which means if I can get my degree on time there will be several network engineering and sysadmin jobs in my hometown just waiting for a CIS* graduate to fill them.

Don't worry guys. Once I get out there, I'm going to start writing fantasy fiction, and if my high school literary contest is any indication, there's only a matter of time until I make it on the New York Times bestseller list. Then, once I've become a celebrity, I can put my fame to use advocating for the proper consideration of Aspies and autistics. I owe the world that much, at least.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

MikeW999
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Dec 2012, 10:34 pm

Roxas_XIII wrote:
MikeW999 wrote:
Roxas_XIII wrote:
Goddess DAMN it this is really starting to piss me off. They want to see an Aspie go postal? The next f**** that decides that having Asperger's is an excuse to shoot people at random is going to be down the barrel from MY gun. And I'm a pretty good marksman.

And course doesn't help that the media sees this issue as merely a profitable story (playing off peoples fears == more airtime == $$$). I swear to Goddess this world has gone to sh**. Part of me hopes the Mayans were right and we only have a week left until humanity's extinction. Not that humanity needs a cataclysm to facilitate it's own demise, they're doing a pretty Goddess-damned job of it on their own IMHO.

Please dude. Don't give them more ammo(no pun intended), this is the last thing we need. Show them by making it far in life like Einstein did. We are so intelligent, self reliant and we have put up with a lot of bullying, we are emotionally stronger in that regard. We can get back at them in other ways.

Sorry, but my first reaction to stuff like this is to rant. It's a character flaw of mine, in fact one of a few factors that cost me my relationship with Kyuuchan, so it's something that I'm trying to change. Apparently not quite there yet. Some days are better than others.

That said, I totally agree. I mean, Kyuuchan once told me that the majority of her school teachers thought she was destined to be a knocked up 16-yr-old dropout, and as such, her sole motivation to succeed was so that she could (in her mind) single out everyone at her graduation who said she'd never make it, look directly at them, and raise both of her middle fingers high in the air.

As bad as that sounds, that's a big portion of my drive to become successful, something that has recently been nurtured and encouraged via sudden unforseen opportunities - mainly Kyuuchan deciding I can stay her friend, but also because there's a tech park being built in Laramie that will coincide with my anticipated graduation date, which means if I can get my degree on time there will be several network engineering and sysadmin jobs in my hometown just waiting for a CIS* graduate to fill them.

Don't worry guys. Once I get out there, I'm going to start writing fantasy fiction, and if my high school literary contest is any indication, there's only a matter of time until I make it on the New York Times bestseller list. Then, once I've become a celebrity, I can put my fame to use advocating for the proper consideration of Aspies and autistics. I owe the world that much, at least.

Same here bro. I am 22, I was forced to drop out due to bullying. I am mostly self taught I was a truant from 14 - 17, and spent time in about ten different schools, boarding schools and a boot camp.

I am going to school for programming spring 2013, if you do make it far, don't forget about this aspie! JK.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 10:37 pm

I found one....

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=69903
Friends,

I was reading THIS thread just the other day on Asperger’s Syndrome, when it suddenly struck me – the behavior being described with this ‘syndrome’ thing is the EXACT SAME BEHAVIOR DISPLAYED BY SERIAL KILLERS, PSYCHOPATHS, MASS MURDERERS, AND CHILDREN WHO SHOOT UP SCHOOLS!

It doesn’t take some fancy degree in that psychology garbage to realize that this Asperger’s Syndrome is EVIL, PURE EVIL, and from The Devil! While ALL Syndromes are inherently evil, from the sounds of it, this Asperger’s is the worst of them!

To make matters worse, now liberal’s have put a name to this, instead of just saying ‘These children are evil / born bad / psychos / wrong in the head’, so they can palm them off into ‘cognitive behavior therapy’ and similar nonsense, instead of locking these evil monsters away where they belong – away in a small white padded cell, before they can start killing small animals!................cont

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

14 Dec 2012, 10:40 pm

Landover Baptist is satire.

I don't really like how they deal with the topic of autism or Asperger's, though.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 10:46 pm

Yeah but it does help put things in perspective when the public finger pointing starts and we begin to feel worse about our lives than before. For me though, I blame society. All these spree shootings could have been prevented if bullying was paid more than just lip service

'If you ever look into the cold dead eyes of an asperger, you'll know these little freaks are pure evil. If I didn't know any better, i'd say they were born without souls. And even then, I'm not so sure. I know Down Syndromes don't have souls, but I've never read anything to support Aspergers having no souls.
Seriously creepy little kids. I guess that's what happens when your parents don't beat you enough. '

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 10:49 pm

Face it, crew; we're pariahs in the eyes of a gun-shy public.

I am NEVER coming out.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

windtreeman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Dec 2012, 10:49 pm

After reading the description of him, I feel undeserving of my diagnosis, sheesh...I mean, it's one thing to be unfashionable and ignorant of appropriate dress-wear but that simply meant I tucked my shirt in all through elementary school, wore the same pair of Costco shoes into high school and have yet to buy a single article of clothing for myself, with my own money...not carrying around a briefcase instead of a backpack O.o Anyway, if it's a spectrum disorder, he must have been on the low-end of high functioning; seems quite a bit more devastating for him than myself.

MikeW999
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Dec 2012, 10:58 pm

Surfman wrote:
Yeah but it does help put things in perspective when the public finger pointing starts and we begin to feel worse about our lives than before. For me though, I blame society. All these spree shootings could have been prevented if bullying was paid more than just lip service

'If you ever look into the cold dead eyes of an asperger, you'll know these little freaks are pure evil. If I didn't know any better, i'd say they were born without souls. And even then, I'm not so sure. I know Down Syndromes don't have souls, but I've never read anything to support Aspergers having no souls.
Seriously creepy little kids. I guess that's what happens when your parents don't beat you enough. '

That is sick. I was the one who was attacked. I am not violent and would not hurt a fly. I am the most sensitive and empathetic individual you would meet.

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 10:59 pm

This makes me so sad.

You couldn't ask for a gentler kid than my son. To think that the public would lump him in with a clearly deranged person like this breaks my heart. Yeah. So, the kid had Aspergers. Aspergers didn't make him do this. Whatever else he had on top of it did. I mean, if someone had dyslexia and went to a school and shot it up, would people be blaming the dyslexia? It's foolish and ridiculous. All the people out there who believe there is such a thing as "autism awareness" are deluded at best.

I haven't done the research, but I am pretty sure the percentage of NT psychopaths who are spree killers or mass murders is probably at least proportionate to those with ASD, if not higher. I bet the highest percentage lies in certain personality disorders. But I guess it isn't as ratings-worthy to point those things out.

Very sad for these families. I cannot imagine the devastation. And the state of fear those poor kids died in will haunt me for days.

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 11:04 pm

From what I have read so far, it doesn't sound like bullying was an issue for this particular kid. It actually sounds like this kid was pretty much invisible in high school. Left alone. Completely alone. While I do agree that the bullying issues faced by people today are above and beyond atrocious, it shouldn't be seen as a valid excuse to take innocent lives. Some of these kids were in kindergarten. In fact, when they release the details, I suspect most of them were probably in kindergarten. I was bullied as a kid, but no amount of bullying even remotely justifies the horror of what happened today.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 11:09 pm

Probably just an epic meltdown due to some grievance he had with his parents, which led to dark places.

Not AS itself, but more likely due to the AS (which will make more causes for emotional extremes).

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 11:11 pm

So much for any plans I had of leaving the house any time soon.

The kids are going to be really disappointed if they don't get to go to the grandparents' for Christmas because I can't find an NT to protect us on the trip.

MikeW999
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Dec 2012, 11:19 pm

BuyerBeware wrote:
So much for any plans I had of leaving the house any time soon.

The kids are going to be really disappointed if they don't get to go to the grandparents' for Christmas because I can't find an NT to protect us on the trip.

Huh??

MikeW999
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Dec 2012, 11:19 pm

InThisTogether wrote:
From what I have read so far, it doesn't sound like bullying was an issue for this particular kid. It actually sounds like this kid was pretty much invisible in high school. Left alone. Completely alone. While I do agree that the bullying issues faced by people today are above and beyond atrocious, it shouldn't be seen as a valid excuse to take innocent lives. Some of these kids were in kindergarten. In fact, when they release the details, I suspect most of them were probably in kindergarten. I was bullied as a kid, but no amount of bullying even remotely justifies the horror of what happened today.

Agreed

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 11:28 pm

silentlyvela wrote:
Makes me think about my therapist's intake questionare. She asks if anyone owns a gun.
That's a suicide risk factor. If someone's suicidal and living in a house with a gun present, there's much less they have to do to kill themselves. A suicidal person who is relatively impulsive will be in a lot of risk if they have an easy way to commit suicide accessible. A person who visits a psychologist is more likely to be suicidal.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Last edited by Callista on 14 Dec 2012, 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 11:31 pm

I wish I was DEAD right now, I'm sick of this stupid world we live in it's going to hell and there's nothing, NOTHING anyone can do about it!! !