Westboro Batpist is coming right up the road!

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 5:57 pm

That subject line sounded excited didn't it? I'm not though. They are nuts.

Here is what it says on their site about the picketing.

University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, AL May 18, 2013 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM

Westboro Baptist Church will picket the University of Alabama to remind them of the wrath of God that visited them two years ago, wherein they did not have finals, and their graduation exercises were cancelled.

That whirlwind came from God. Praise His name for it, then fear and obey that God who is able to whip up a whirlwind on a dime! Call this time, between your last GodSmack and your NEXT GodSmack, space for repentance!

We saw the young man, a student from the University of Alabama all over the national nightly news describing the event, including this: "I opened my door, and there was the Wrath of God looking me in the face." He went on to describe the horrors of it, and the death and mayhem that came with it. If that does not teach you to fear and obey that glorious and wonderful name, The Lord Thy God, WHAT WILL?!

The duty of all humans is to fear God and keep His commandments! This nation will not, and you have added to your other massive crimes against God, this: Same sex marriage. God will not have it. You really "smart" University people should have offered a PhD in The Flood, and it should have included an entire semester on the last offense against God before he sent that flood to WIPE OUT the entire earth, except the eight who were in the Ark, to wit: Same Sex Marriage!

And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed. (Luke 17:26-30.)

So, the take away points for today class, to wit: The Lord is coming! America is Doomed!

I wonder if they know that the tornado did not hit the University. It hit Hobby Lobby and Blue Moon BBQ though. Oh, and University Mall over on the side by Belk - but that might be because they are so often overpriced and God does like a bargain, after all.

It also hit a lot of houses and did a lot of damage and killed and injured people. Being in the Bible Belt, many of those were Baptist too. I bet there were even some haters in that bunch, especially on out further in the sticks.

They are also picketing Graceland the day before to let us know that Elvis is in hell.

Are they just running out of things to picket?

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 6:16 pm

They are going to picket Graceland??How very un-Southern of them.I hope the Elvis Impersonators get in to it with them and a tussle results.Some of those old biddies that love Elvis can beat the Westboros with their purses.They are stepping on Elvis's blue suede shoes. :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 6:21 pm

The tornado hit Hobby Lobby and the BBQ place? That's it - - God doesn't hat gay marriage, he hates hobbies and BBQ!! !! !!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 6:25 pm

^^^^^^^Maybe that was his way of getting BBQ to go. :lol:

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 6:28 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
The tornado hit Hobby Lobby and the BBQ place? That's it - - God doesn't hat gay marriage, he hates hobbies and BBQ!! !! !!

No, it hit a lot of places. Wiped out a lot and was really bad. Most of what it hit was residential though. I just wonder why they don't picket places it actually hit. Or maybe just picket tornadoes altogether.

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 6:32 pm

Someone ought to picket Westboro when they're having church services.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 6:47 pm

DarkRain wrote:
Someone ought to picket Westboro when they're having church services.

Do they even have church services? Or do they just spend all their time make everyone else as miserable as they are?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 7:21 pm

Those idiots think everyone in the world is LGBT. Enough said.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 7:28 pm

A few years ago The Chaser team went over there and gave the westboro baptists a hard time.
It was a very funny sketch.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 7:32 pm

It's best to ignore them.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 11:58 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Hobby Lobby is run by Christian fundamentalists and has filed lawsuits against the government for contraceptive care and has discriminated against the LBGT community.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 12:03 am

ghoti wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Hobby Lobby is run by Christian fundamentalists and has filed lawsuits against the government for contraceptive care and has discriminated against the LBGT community.

But Hobby Lobby has a lot of the stuff that Michael's didn't. They had a huge selection and if there is something I need for something I'm doing and there are only two places in town and one doesn't have it, screw my own personal ethics. ;-)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 12:56 am

ghoti wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Huh - - lets see the Westboro Baptists and the other fundies explain that.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 1:04 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
ghoti wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Huh - - lets see the Westboro Baptists and the other fundies explain that.

Maybe they didn't discriminate enough and the tornado hit to teach them a lesson. ;-)

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 1:59 am

I shop at JCPenny, and I'd eat at Chick-fil-a if it didn't [literally] give me a gag reflex. I can't recall if there's a Hobby Lobby around here. The whole issue has spiraled out of control.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 4:36 am

best response in return,tell the people at westboro baptist church that
satan loves them but hates there lifestyle