Veteran

07 Dec 2008, 11:06 pm

"pedothong" :lol:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 12:50 am

MissConstrue wrote:
What is the word I'm thinking of in this day and age of free marketing?

Oh yeah....Capitalism... :o

To horribly misquote Churchill: "Capitalism is the worst economic system out there, except for all the others that have been tried".

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 2:53 am

computerlove wrote:
"pedothong" :lol:
Oh, lol tha makes much more sense! :lol:

HaliaTotheres
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2008, 4:33 am

spose i misspelled my joke, the o makes much more sense! lmao :P

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 6:17 am

HaliaTotheres wrote:
Nobody, I just can't tie pedophiles to young girls wearing thongs in my brain :P. I guess because they can't pick them out of a crowd for wearing thongs since they can't normally see them and i dont know if that would more likely provoke an attack or not.

Well if they did see them wearing thongs, that may start the pedos getting antsy and excited. The thought is absolutely disgusting. However, so are parents who refuse to understand the world isn't babysafed, and everyone isn't going to have the same view of their innocent little thong wearing angel.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 2:11 pm

OccamsIndecision wrote:
When the subject said 'thongs' I thought you were referring to the shoes. As for the underwear, who cares as long as they stay under the clothes?

That's my thinking. I mean, it's kind of a non-issue when its hidden.
Or at least a very minor issue, like why is the mom sexualizing her 10-year-old, when the average girl has sex at 14 or 15, not 10. So she's just four years early for the average, is all. Granted, she shouldn't be having sex before 18 anyway, but of course, girls will be girls...

Kajjie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2008, 2:44 pm

I think kids wearing thongs and padded bras is really creepy. It's like they're trying to be sexy and grown-up. That's not right. And I think it could attract dangerous attention if they want to be grown-up and sexy.
And who the hell wants to grow up remembering that when they were 10 they would do handstands wearing a skirt and a thong and everyone would see their bum?

As for the Argos range mentioned - that's sick.

The 'Little Miss Naughty' thing was probably someone not realising the double-meaning that could have - for those of you that don't know, 'Little Miss Naughty' is a character from a kids book - there is 'Little Miss Busy' and 'Mr Happy' and 'Mr Grumpy' and stuff, they are all named after their personalities, and she is mischievous so she's called 'Little Miss Naughty'

HaliaTotheres
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2008, 3:58 pm

Just because thongs are "underwear" and are supposed to stay under the clothes, most people/girls/...guys? :P jk wear them high so you can see them over their pants, if they do a cartwheel in a skirt they're not protected, if they do a handstand, they're not protected. etc... if the girl is wearing thongs because it's cute and sexy and the mom agrees, what's going to stop her from belly shirts and wearing the thongs on her hips?

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 4:38 pm

Kajjie wrote:

The 'Little Miss Naughty' thing was probably someone not realising the double-meaning that could have - for those of you that don't know, 'Little Miss Naughty' is a character from a kids book - there is 'Little Miss Busy' and 'Mr Happy' and 'Mr Grumpy' and stuff, they are all named after their personalities, and she is mischievous so she's called 'Little Miss Naughty'

i'm guessing mr. men and little miss had nothing to do with it, 'naughty underwear' is the term used to describe undergarments that are sexy or meant to arouse, meaning argos is selling item meant to make children sexually appealing, which is sick.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 5:56 pm

HaliaTotheres wrote:
Just because thongs are "underwear" and are supposed to stay under the clothes, most people/girls/...guys? :P jk wear them high so you can see them over their pants, if they do a cartwheel in a skirt they're not protected, if they do a handstand, they're not protected. etc... if the girl is wearing thongs because it's cute and sexy and the mom agrees, what's going to stop her from belly shirts and wearing the thongs on her hips?

If the girl is the sexually provocative kind like you describe, her parents have a lot more to worry about than what kind of underwear she's wearing. If she's looking for sexual attention, she's going to get it, regardless of how her parents make her dress. Haven't you seen in TV and movies where girls sneek out of the house wearing the conservative stuff their parents insist on, and then once outside, they strip it off completely to reveal sexy clothes? Or sometimes they take a change of sexy clothes with them in a bag, unbeknownced to the parents.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 6:03 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Haven't you seen in TV and movies where girls sneek out of the house wearing the conservative stuff their parents insist on, and then once outside, they strip it off completely to reveal sexy clothes? Or sometimes they take a change of sexy clothes with them in a bag, unbeknownced to the parents.

What I always think is "doesn't the mom know what her daughter has in the closet?". Specially with some girls that I know that have sexy outfits (+18 y.o. girls, not kids, but still...)

HaliaTotheres
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2008, 6:03 pm

A ten year old doesn't have anywhere to sneak off to, and how would they get the provocative clothes without their parents buying them? An immature girl(as in, young) isn't going to understand the attention she may or may not attract wearing thongs, and the reason she's wearing them can be misconstrued in various different ways. If the child becomes provocative, who's to say that a thong at 10 isn't where it all started? I'm personally biased and I'm stateing that because I don't understand the concept of thongs in the first place. And I'm a girl :P. Also, if she's looking for sexual attention is it really ok for her to fuel said fire by wearing a thong at such a young innocent and fragile age?

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 7:05 pm

computerlove wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Haven't you seen in TV and movies where girls sneek out of the house wearing the conservative stuff their parents insist on, and then once outside, they strip it off completely to reveal sexy clothes? Or sometimes they take a change of sexy clothes with them in a bag, unbeknownced to the parents.

What I always think is "doesn't the mom know what her daughter has in the closet?". Specially with some girls that I know that have sexy outfits (+18 y.o. girls, not kids, but still...)
Yeah. I always wonder that, especially when on talkshows you have mothers crying because their child is wearing skimpy outfits. It's the mothers fault, she should be choosing the clothing, or helping, not handing the child money and letting them wander off and buy things alone.

08 Dec 2008, 8:23 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
computerlove wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

Yeah. I always wonder that, especially when on talkshows you have mothers crying because their child is wearing skimpy outfits. It's the mothers fault, she should be choosing the clothing, or helping, not handing the child money and letting them wander off and buy things alone.

I agree. If parents don't like what their child has on, tell them to take it off. Besides, they are supposed to take them shopping for new clothes, not have them go by themselves. My mother always took me shopping for new clothes whenever I need them. When I was 18, she was still taking me shopping for new school clothes at Ross and TJ Maxx.

Parents are just too lazy to take their kids shopping for new clothes, so they give them the money and have them do it themselves.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 6:27 am

I think it is so wrong to allow children to wear anything sexually provocative. Children should be allowed to remain young, sweet and innocent as long as possible. As for me, I wouldn't be seen dead in a thong (my ghost would pull it off if someone tried to put it on my corpse...).

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 7:24 am

HaliaTotheres wrote:
A ten year old doesn't have anywhere to sneak off to, and how would they get the provocative clothes without their parents buying them?

i've seen groups of kids as young as eight going into town without their parents buying what they like, and i also had the displeasure of meeting a ten year old boy who smoked drugs, took pills and rank alcohol with the only intention to get as wasted as possible.

clothes don't have an age rating (even though some should) and so children can buy whatever clothes they like, be it a slu*ty top that shows off their bare flesh or a decent top that's more age appropriate.